+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2791

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

Well... that's good and bad. I might ave caved and bought the third one again to get it in English (even though the text is pretty sparce) but I already have the first two...

So...katakuri is a guy with sharp canines, one could say like a dog...

This is all probably just coincidence but I wonder if oda might have been doing something here very sly like not his name being directly a reference but a sideways squint and you see it reference

Its seems like MS just failed upwards
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Not as large quality as usual yet, but the cover for v85 is up on Viz's website.

Still really annoyed they didn't change the New World tag when cake started. At this point its just going to be the subtitle for the rest of the series, until maybe the final war.

I liked Skypeia and Water 7 being broken up (even if they ended Skypeia early due to ONE chapter of Foxy being in the last volume) and yes it got a little messy when they went between thriller bark, sabondy, impel down and the war in fairly rapid succession but.... New World should have been the return and then Fishman Island, and then they should have switched to Dresserossa.

Not this ongoing nonsense. Might as well have pumped in a couple chapters extra into 60 to end it clean on the timeskip and then just started One Piece Z with a fresh #1 if this was going to be their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Still really annoyed they didn't change the New World tag when cake started. At this point its just going to be the subtitle for the rest of the series, until maybe the final war.

I liked Skypeia and Water 7 being broken up (even if they ended Skypeia early due to ONE chapter of Foxy being in the last volume) and yes it got a little messy when they went between thriller bark, sabondy, impel down and the war in fairly rapid succession but.... New World should have been the return and then Fishman Island, and then they should have switched to Dresserossa.

Not this ongoing nonsense. Might as well have pumped in a couple chapters extra into 60 to end it clean on the timeskip and then just started One Piece Z with a fresh #1 if this was going to be their approach.
    I mean, there were at least two, more likely three Foxy chapters in v32, depending on your interpretation of exact saga start and end points. And it was the same deal with the two/three Sabaody chapters at the end of volume 50, which should have been Thriller Bark. They still should definitely have rounded up and not down, but it was a few chapters of stuff to deal with.

I guess the reasoning would be that they didn't want someone picking up the first volume of a new saga and getting confused cos the actual first chapters of that saga aren't in it. It's not a bad idea theoretically, but in practice it just does not work.

My hopes of a change up for Wano aren't high, since all of the build up for that arc and Kaido has been part of the New World stories so far, alternating with the building conflict with Big Mom. We're gonna be left with this titanic saga that includes all the build up to and pay off for Luffy's first two conflicts with the Emperors. Not ideal, but it kinda works. If they think they can keep New World going past the end of Wano though, that would be something truly stupid.

Annnd yeah, I still don't get the breaking up of Sabaody/Impel Down/Marineford when everything else got to be a full saga (or in New World's case, three full sagas and counting). The whole idea could have been handled so much better.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

It was one of those ideas that probably seemed alright back in 2010 when they were churning out a whopping five volumes a month for almost half a year, but the further we get away from that, the more questionable it seems. Personally I would just brand things as "East Blue", "Grand Line", and "New World", but that's probably not going to happen unless there's like a proper omnibus some time in the future like the Dragon Ball and Rurouni Kenshin VizBig editions or (my dream) a Jojonium-esque hardcover release.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

That would have been better than what they're doing - at least it'd be consistent - but it cuts things a little broad for my tastes. Plus it'd mean having one colour of logo for waaay too long.

In my mind (and in the way I have the volumes organised into sub-folders on my computer) the ideal grouping would be East Blue, volumes 1 - 11. Baroque Works (or Alabasta), volumes 12 - 23. Skypiea, volumes 24 - 32. Cipher Pol (or Water Seven), volumes 33 - 45. Thriller Bark, volumes 46 - 50. Marineford (or Paramount War), volumes 51 - 60. Fishman Island (or New World, if we must have a New World), volumes 61 - 66. Donquixote Empire (or Dressrosa or Pirate Alliance), volumes 67 - 80. And finally Totland (or Tottoland if you insist) ongoing.

It breaks the series up into more digestible legs of plot that still feel like full stories with beginnings, middles and ends, and does so consistently. It's also a bit more in line with the fan-recognised saga names and start and end points on the wiki, though the wiki is an imperfect beast and it would probably be a poor idea to follow it exactly.

I won't be holding my breath for completely retitled reprints or any omnibusses that aren't the current three in ones until the series is done though. As incredible as a Jojonium style release would be...

Aaaaand Amazon finally gives us a better quality front cover for v85, plus the back cover

The back cover doesn't seem to have the checkerboard pattern from the front on it, it's just plain green. Wonder if that means the checks won't be on the spine either.

Anyone got a discount code for VIZ subscription? Us Canadians have been getting the shaft since our dollar tanked. I really don't feel like paying 35 bucks for a yearly digital subscription, when I want to buy physical copies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    Anyone got a discount code for VIZ subscription? Us Canadians have been getting the shaft since our dollar tanked. I really don't feel like paying 35 bucks for a yearly digital subscription, when I want to buy physical copies too.
    I guess you didn´t visit the viz website because the yearly subscription is on sale currently and only costs 19.99$. Since Im livining in Germany I spoofed my ip and extented my subscription for that price if you want to bring up the point you are in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    I guess you didn´t visit the viz website because the yearly subscription is on sale currently and only costs 19.99$. Since Im livining in Germany I spoofed my ip and extented my subscription for that price if you want to bring up the point you are in Canada
    We get it legally, but I mostly use their app, and they quoted me for $34.99 for a yearly subscription, which is different than on their site. I don't know if the 19.99 is for new members or what.

That $20 dollars is like $25 CDN, so I save like 10 bucks. I'll take it I guess. (Although kinda cheesed, since I don't read any of the other SJ mangas, so I'm paying for stuff I don't use, when I can buy 2 hardcover volumes with that money).

Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    We get it legally, but I mostly use their app, and they quoted me for $34.99 for a yearly subscription, which is different than on their site. I don't know if the 19.99 is for new members or what.

That $20 dollars is like $25 CDN, so I save like 10 bucks. I'll take it I guess. (Although kinda cheesed, since I don't read any of the other SJ mangas, so I'm paying for stuff I don't use, when I can buy 2 hardcover volumes with that money).
    Just visit viz.com The normal price is $25.99 and is currently reduced to $19.99. Maybe you had another article in your cart or you are telling bullshit - show a screenshot.
    Login for the app and the website is the same

English vol 86, front and back, via Amazon

sooo this is something i'm now looking forward to:

One Piece Color Walk Compendium: East Blue to Skypiea Hardcover – July 3, 2018
    Gorgeous color art from Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece! The first three Color Walk art books collected into one beautiful compendium.

Color images and special illustrations from the world’s most popular manga, One Piece! This compendium features over 300 pages of beautiful color art as well as interviews between the creator and other famous manga artists, including Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball.

This first volume covers the early parts of the series—from the East Blue arc where the main characters of the Straw Hat pirates first meet, to the Skypiea arc where Luffy and friends face their greatest adventures yet!

but that colourspread appears in volume 85 not 86, why is it on the back cover of volume 86

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    but that colourspread appears in volume 85 not 86, why is it on the back cover of volume 86
    Well spotted. I had a look to see what the other options for 86 were, and it turns out there aren't really a lot. The only one is chapter 863, the one that was the 20th anniversary every character shot in the magazine and was changed to a standard strawhat group shot in the volume. I guess neither version of that spread looked great on the back of the book, so they grabbed another.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    I hope "first volume" means what I think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I hope "first volume" means what I think it means.
    http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2018/...lk-8-unveiled/

The podcast's article on the cover reveal for Colour Walk 8 confirms exactly what it means, and which colour walks will be going into volume 2!

The new Pirate King Downloading's Avatar

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Oda, Eiichiro "One Piece, Vol. 86"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

I got this email from Amazon.co.uk today for my volume 86 preorder. Does anybody know what's going on?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information