+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2882

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

So, One Piece finally arrived to México, it only took them 17(?)years lol.

But realased 2 volumes in a row, like two weeks of difference I think, I soo much hope they try to keep it up until they reach a decent quantity not to far from the actual 77 volumes out there.

So, Just out of curiosity, Is there any editorial out there doing better than VIZ when it comes to release the newest volumes the earliest as possible??

im almost 50% sure VIZ is the only company that translated sfx
    so every other language one piece is translated to: indonesian, french, german etc, has volumes released much much quicker

edit: I was wrong, here are examples of volumes in other languages, with sfx translated. I think the languages are Bahasa Indonesia (indonesian) and korean? could be wrong.

If you check instagram, these were published way before VIZ volumes were released
    Last edited by Snir; March 22nd, 2015 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    im almost 50% sure VIZ is the only company that translated sfx
    so every other language one piece is translated to: indonesian, french, german etc, has volumes released much much quicker

edit: I was wrong, here are examples of volumes in other languages, with sfx translated. I think the languages are Bahasa Indonesia (indonesian) and korean? could be wrong.

If you check instagram, these were published way before VIZ volumes were released
    If we're talking newest volumes, the German/Spanish/French volume 74 comes out the same month as the English one. And volume 75 seems to be a similar case.

In Italy volume 74 was released in February and volume 75 will be out in June.
    And yes, we have sfx translated.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgaladviola91 View Post
    2 months ahead, not too much but still pretty neat for you.

FYI, Barnes & Noble, or at least the one I visit, seems to have Vol. 74 in stock early again.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    FYI, Barnes & Noble, or at least the one I visit, seems to have Vol. 74 in stock early again.
    I always wondered. Do you know why B/N and some book retailers have books on sale prior to their actual release date?

Stores run the risk of being fined for breaking street dates, but I guess whoever's in charge of moving stock at my particular store just doesn't see a big deal for a mid-weight manga release. Not the first time that particular Barnes & Noble's done this; back during the five-volumes-a-month speed up they had the final set of volumes out at least a week early too.

On the volume itself, I was quite surprised to see one of Senor Pink's groupies begging him to "make love" to her. There's sneaking crap past the radar, then there's smashing it outright.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Went to my BnN and they had the new One Piece volume. Also had the new Food Wars! and AssClass. Pretty stoked to have OP this early. Might pick up Soma tomorrow. Letting AssClass ship from Amazon because I have it on there for $4.99.

And by the way guys, Barnes and Noble has a 15% off coupon for the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up, Crossy.

Reprinting OP 28~46, if anyone has correction suggestions beside Zoro, get them to me today!
    https://twitter.com/AlexisKJump/stat...84730140303360

Too bad viz does not announce sth like that in advance. I would take my time and look through the volumes

What if the owner of BnN is a huge One Piece fan and realase the volumes on purpose?? Come on Viz, get the message we're dying to spend our money on the newest volumes!!

Man I'm jealous of you guys. Viz's local distributor in my part of the world has its release dates a month behind the American ones for some reason. There's a comic shop in my city that imports volumes themselves, but they can arrive anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks after the official release.

And on the 'make love to me senor' line, I believe that was in the WSJ release as well. It's an interesting choice, but I think it fits the shtick Pink and his groupies have going.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgaladviola91 View Post
    Good to know, it means we can riot on Viz.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Viz's local distributor in my part of the world has its release dates a month behind the American ones for some reason. There's a comic shop in my city that imports volumes themselves, but they can arrive anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks after the official release.
    exact same thing in South Australia

exact same thing in South Australia
    Victoria chiming in. Only one store gets it in & I'm pretty sure that's only because of the amount of pre-orders. I'm happy to be clutching 74 in my hands now.

Dymocks the chain-bookstore does seem to get it in but nowhere near release date & it's a crapshoot guessing if one will carry it or not.

Does anyone else have this? Looks like someone burnt a hole through the page, but its solid.
    Volume 38, second printing, last page of chapter 359
    http://imgur.com/f9ohPVF

I don't own that volume but man, that is odd. I can only imagine that it's an individual printing error.

Does anyone else have this? Looks like someone burnt a hole through the page, but its solid.
    Huh that does look weird and for some reason it kinda reminds me of the smoke monster from Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrik View Post
    Huh that does look weird and for some reason it kinda reminds me of the smoke monster from Lost.
    I keep telling people when they reach Raftel Oda will chuck in the biggest Lost reference (because he somehow knows Greg is in love with that show)
    The strawhats will leave the island and then nami will be like "LUFFY, we have to go back!"

or the island will just keep moving around...

mark my words

Lol.
    Nope. In the digital edition there is no such hole

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information