+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2882

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Wait...seriously? Strong World volume is ONLY in the box set? LAME! Can't we buy a printed copy of Strong World? =/

Why not make this available to people who already bought the volumes at a higher price as they came out?

Viz really should make these things available to the people who have put out money to support the series from the get-go, which allowed them to get to the point where they can put out these box sets.
    There's always ebay if you really wanted it that badly.

Viz barely releases anything that isn't a regular volume so obviously this extra stuff would be exclusive somehow. That's reality.

As for the post cards does anyone know if this is a rightstuf exclusive? Are there only 100 post cards made in the world? Or is it very common and easy to get back in Japan. Would like to know if this is the only 100 ever made :O

Discovered Stowaway YonkouProductions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conspirator View Post
    Sucks the demand for OP volumes isn't high enough to warrant viz to pump out these box sets faster ;( In a perfect world we'd be on box set 3 atm.
    Box sets are amazing since your 100% guaranteed mint copies :D
    That limited edition seems tempting :O

They charge you when they ship out your actual order.

Also random question are you the same yonkoproductions that asks Q's for the OPP? :P
    Thanks, I figured it out eventually. I'm the same yonkouproductions that sends in opp Q's. Enjoyed this weeks manga uk episode quite a lot too!

Discovered Stowaway YonkouProductions's Avatar

As for the post cards does anyone know if this is a rightstuf exclusive? Are there only 100 post cards made in the world? Or is it very common and easy to get back in Japan. Would like to know if this is the only 100 ever made :O
    The only other ones were at AX or NYCC IIRC but you didn't get all of them

These postcards came with the Japanese volume 73. You get one with each copy. So if someone in Japan wanted all 10 postcards, they had to buy 10 copies of volume 73. For the English release, it's not only 100 postcards. You get all 10 if you buy the box set, so the total postcards available is 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by YonkouProductions View Post
    Thanks, I figured it out eventually. I'm the same yonkouproductions that sends in opp Q's. Enjoyed this weeks manga uk episode quite a lot too!
    Quote Originally Posted by YonkouProductions View Post
    The only other ones were at AX or NYCC IIRC but you didn't get all of them
    Np yea its not hard to miss if you dig around a little on righstuf :P
    Ah i see it's a small world huehue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    These postcards came with the Japanese volume 73. You get one with each copy. So if someone in Japan wanted all 10 postcards, they had to buy 10 copies of volume 73. For the English release, it's not only 100 postcards. You get all 10 if you buy the box set, so the total postcards available is 1000.
    Thanks for the info regarding the postcards guys. Dam thought it would be extra special to have the only set of postcards they made out of 100 copies :O Didn't think it was so common and easy to get in japan but oh wells ;(
    Definite frameworthy material :D

Wait, seriously? Strong World's only going to be available with this box set? Man, that stinks for dedicated manga fans who have been buying the series up until now. I ended up getting Blue Deep so I'm glad I technically have the chapter to complete my collection. Apparently in Japan, the Volume 0 and Volume 1000 were only given out to Japanese movie goers, though only Volume 0 contains an actual manga chapter.

Manga Blast
    is a small community of manga fans. We have a long running One Piece and Fairy Tail RP. New members are always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    Wait, seriously? Strong World's only going to be available with this box set? Man, that stinks for dedicated manga fans who have been buying the series up until now. I ended up getting Blue Deep so I'm glad I technically have the chapter to complete my collection. Apparently in Japan, the Volume 0 and Volume 1000 were only given out to Japanese movie goers, though only Volume 0 contains an actual manga chapter.
    English Shonen jump has digitaly released the Strong World One Shot/Chapter 0 twice in the last year

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    English Shonen jump has digitaly released the Strong World One Shot/Chapter 0 twice in the last year
    I'm talking about physical releases. That's convenient of them though.

Manga Blast
    is a small community of manga fans. We have a long running One Piece and Fairy Tail RP. New members are always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Wait...seriously? Strong World volume is ONLY in the box set? LAME! Can't we buy a printed copy of Strong World? =/

Why not make this available to people who already bought the volumes at a higher price as they came out?
    yeah, these exclusives don't make much sense. So hey, maybe I'll hold off on buying the single volumes so I can start getting in on these exclusives and hey maybe everyone else should as well! ... but wait, then the demand for One Piece will drop considerably and there won't be any more box set releases.

I should just buy the box, take the exclusive (which is probably packaged separately), return the unopened box for a refund. Problem solved and a wrong is righted

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    I should just buy the box, take the exclusive (which is probably packaged separately), return the unopened box for a refund. Problem solved and a wrong is righted
    I wouldn't be so sure about it being that way though. In the Volumes 1-23 box set, the Romance Dawn chapter came inside the box.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

ICv2 posted the spring 2014 ranks:
    One Piece is 9# in the top ten and 11# in the top 25
    Top 10: http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/29344.html
    Top 25: http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/29345.html

I'd like it to be higher;however, at the same time I think its pretty good One Piece consistently maintains a rank within the top 16.

I don't terribly mind, but why wouldn't VIZ release an official translation of the Digital Color edition? It would just be a simple matter of copying over the dialogue and text from the original black and white translation, yes?
    *GASP* Live Action Cow has Rabbis!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordKing View Post
    I don't terribly mind, but why wouldn't VIZ release an official translation of the Digital Color edition? It would just be a simple matter of copying over the dialogue and text from the original black and white translation, yes?
    Could possibly be because it can hurt the sales of the original versions and/or they're just not allowed to, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by OneKey; August 27th, 2014 at 08:31 AM.

I'm currently collecting the volumes, and got vol. 62-64 recently, and wanted to ask, why does vol. 64 have such bad typesetting compared to other volumes?

I'm not able to visit http://www.viz.com/ anymore: Sorry, this website is only viewable from the US.
    Does anyone not living in the US have the same problem? This is some serious shit

I'm not able to visit http://www.viz.com/ anymore: Sorry, this website is only viewable from the US.
    Does anyone not living in the US have the same problem? This is some serious shit
    It works for me. Not sure what the problem could be. Clear the cache and all that stuff, might help.

Quote Originally Posted by OneKey View Post
    It works for me. Not sure what the problem could be. Clear the cache and all that stuff, might help.
    Of course I did that. The funny thing is, I can access http://shonenjump.viz.com/ which is part of viz.com
    Yesterday I even wrote viz via twitter but I never got an answer

It's working fine for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information