+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2882

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

Yeah, I ended up buying the 3 new volumes of Magi, and OP Vol 1.
    However, Viz used to have the digital volumes at $4.99 and they jacked up the prices about a year ago.
    Can't blame them, supply and demand and all... but I'm just trying to collect my OP volumes
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Manga is cheaper to buy print now, sadly.

I usually buy my volumes at Barnes & Noble, but I've been wondering if it's better if I buy them from Righstuf, or is it the same?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstClassCook View Post
    I usually buy my volumes at Barnes & Noble, but I've been wondering if it's better if I buy them from Righstuf, or is it the same?
    Depends buying from righstuf gets iffy sometimes. Especially if you want your manga volumes to be in pristine condition it may get damaged during the shipping process with scuffs/marks on your manga. If you buy at barnes&noble you're guaranteed a pristine copy if you were seeking out for one. I had some nightmare stories regarding buying from righstuf and also amazon but meh not everyone is very anal regarding their manga volumes. It's up to personal preferences really. :P I prefer mines to be in pristine/mint condition.You take the chance sometimes when you do order online and want mint copies cause you don't get them mint 100% of the time :\

Quote Originally Posted by Conspirator View Post
    Depends buying from righstuf gets iffy sometimes. Especially if you want your manga volumes to be in pristine condition it may get damaged during the shipping process with scuffs/marks on your manga. If you buy at barnes&noble you're guaranteed a pristine copy if you were seeking out for one. I had some nightmare stories regarding buying from righstuf and also amazon but meh not everyone is very anal regarding their manga volumes. It's up to personal preferences really. :P I prefer mines to be in pristine/mint condition.You take the chance sometimes when you do order online and want mint copies cause you don't get them mint 100% of the time :\
    I didn't even think of that, I'll stick with B&N then, thanks a lot :)

Quote Originally Posted by FirstClassCook View Post
    I didn't even think of that, I'll stick with B&N then, thanks a lot :)
    Yeah unfortunately it may be more expensive but it's worth it knowing you'll get mint copies :P

I get my manga from Rightstuf (Amazon if I want it fast), and I'd say it's better for the ridiculously cheap prices and sales. Not to mention I have only ever gotten one non mint volume, and they let me trade for a better copy.

Regarding the prices; their everyday prices are already 25% off retail. They alternate weekly sales for different publishers so that prices are 33% off. In addition to this a GotAnime membership ($10 a year) gets you an additional 10%, so that's 43% off. They also have free shipping over $50 as well as 0 tax outside Iowa.

In other words I can get nearly twice as much manga at the same price. Just this week I purchased 13 Viz volumes of YuYu Hakusho for $52.

Then again sometimes I do wish I could examine the volumes before I purchase them. But in my opinion the pricing wins out, not to say I get bad quality volumes online, it's just always a possibility.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    I get my manga from Rightstuf (Amazon if I want it fast), and I'd say it's better for the ridiculously cheap prices and sales. Not to mention I have only ever gotten one non mint volume, and they let me trade for a better copy.

Regarding the prices; their everyday prices are already 25% off retail. They alternate weekly sales for different publishers so that prices are 33% off. In addition to this a GotAnime membership ($10 a year) gets you an additional 10%, so that's 43% off. They also have free shipping over $50 as well as 0 tax outside Iowa.

In other words I can get nearly twice as much manga at the same price. Just this week I purchased 13 Viz volumes of YuYu Hakusho for $52.

Then again sometimes I do wish I could examine the volumes before I purchase them. But in my opinion the pricing wins out, not to say I get bad quality volumes online, it's just always a possibility.
    Yeah, it's a pretty good deal, but I really like my volumes in the best state they can be in, so I'm a little scheptycal about them being damaged.

Never had a damaged book from Rightstuf and even if it was damaged I'm sure they'd replace it.

Minor spine damage is a possibility when buying things online. My experience with Bookdepository is similar. If you're not too picky, it's all worth it. The pricing surely wins out, as previously mentioned.
    Last edited by OneKey; July 29th, 2014 at 04:52 AM.

Yes to rightstuf's credit they did replace my copies when they were damaged. There was a bit of miscommunication where they said they wouldn't cover my return shipping fees when I inquired why my refund hasn't been credited back into my card but in the end it got sorted out. When I got my replaced copies they ended up being damaged again but they partially refunded me so all is good. Overall it was just a big headache for me to deal with :\

Had the same thing happen to me on amazon where my replaced copies were damaged as well. I guess I'm just unlucky :P

I found out through my inquiries with rightstuf that they offer a shrinkwrap option on rightstuf though but they charge you like ~25cents per shrinkwrap. It could be a potential saver to keep your manga in pristine condition but it's not guaranteed 100% since it can still be damaged.

I did sorta complain regarding how they package the manga since all they do is put a piece of paper on top and bottom but not in between the open space on the sides. By not doing so it gives room for the manga to move around when it's in the shipping process hence causing scuff marks etc.

Speaking of rightstuf, they have something going on with viz where the first 100 people who order the One Piece boxset 2 gets that set of postcards from the 300 million copies promotion a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by kokoro90 View Post
    Speaking of rightstuf, they have something going on with viz where the first 100 people who order the One Piece boxset 2 gets that set of postcards from the 300 million copies promotion a while back.
    I thought that was going to be the extra material in the boxset when I first read about it but as you said, it's Righstuf-exclusive.

So now I'm really curious as to what the boxset will contain.

I wish Viz would make the bonus material from the box sets like Romance Dawn and the postcards available to people who already bought all the volumes / have been buying since the beginning.....
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Discovered Stowaway YonkouProductions's Avatar

Just ordered my copy of the special edition box set. First time using rightstuf internationally, when do they charge your account?

Funnily enough it's about $80 cheaper than the local version that'll come out through Madman with shipping included in the price so a good bargain.

The box sets have been my primary way of collecting the series and I like that there are a bunch of neat limited edition extras!

Quote Originally Posted by YonkouProductions View Post
    Just ordered my copy of the special edition box set. First time using rightstuf internationally, when do they charge your account?

Funnily enough it's about $80 cheaper than the local version that'll come out through Madman with shipping included in the price so a good bargain.

The box sets have been my primary way of collecting the series and I like that there are a bunch of neat limited edition extras!
    If I did my calculations right, it should be cheaper than the local release for me aswell. However, I'm pretty hesitant when it comes to spending a big chunk of money right off the bat now that I finally got some. Might just pick up random volumes (that aren't included in the first two boxsets) every now and then, as always. I'll be getting the boxsets either way at some point.

Too bad, really. Those postcards look cool.

Sucks the demand for OP volumes isn't high enough to warrant viz to pump out these box sets faster ;( In a perfect world we'd be on box set 3 atm.
    Box sets are amazing since your 100% guaranteed mint copies :D
    That limited edition seems tempting :O

Quote Originally Posted by YonkouProductions View Post

They charge you when they ship out your actual order.

Also random question are you the same yonkoproductions that asks Q's for the OPP? :P

Quote Originally Posted by OneKey View Post
    I thought that was going to be the extra material in the boxset when I first read about it but as you said, it's Righstuf-exclusive.

So now I'm really curious as to what the boxset will contain.
    According to the earlier press release:
    Quote Originally Posted by VIZ
    ... Also included are the "Strong World" mini-comic and a full-color double-sided poster.
    Also, it's down to 17 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post
    According to the earlier press release:

Also, it's down to 17 now.

Ah, thanks for that one. I'm guessing the mini-comic is "Volume 0". Not too shabby.

Wait...seriously? Strong World volume is ONLY in the box set? LAME! Can't we buy a printed copy of Strong World? =/

Why not make this available to people who already bought the volumes at a higher price as they came out?

Viz really should make these things available to the people who have put out money to support the series from the get-go, which allowed them to get to the point where they can put out these box sets.
    Last edited by Vongola_Boss_XI; August 1st, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information