View Poll Results: Which is your favorite starter?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charmander

179 55.59%
  • Bulbasaur

117 36.34%
  • Squirtle

137 42.55%
  • Cyndaquil

74 22.98%
  • Chikorita

37 11.49%
  • Totodile

86 26.71%
  • Torchic

51 15.84%
  • Treecko

47 14.60%
  • Mudkipzz

54 16.77%
  • Chimchar

42 13.04%
  • Turtwig

42 13.04%
  • Piplup

40 12.42%
  • Tepig

26 8.07%
  • Snivy

51 15.84%
  • Oshawott

51 15.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Filler Match (Semi to Final) #3: Favorite Pokemon Game Starter

Default Re: Filler Match (Semi to Final) #3: Favorite Pokemon Game Starter

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Oh hey there Richie :)
    You know too much.
    Last edited by Nia; September 5th, 2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have to stop you.

I hated Richie. He was even more goody goody than Ash, and that is saying a lot.

I remember when I hadn't seen the end of the first season, and I was at lunch talking about the show with my friends. I said, "We all know Ash is going to win it all anyways." Somebody then told me that he lost to Richie and I was all

As time went on and Ash continued to stay 10 years old, never win a league, and never get the coolest Pokemon, I lost interest in the show.

But I will always remember being a young Pokemon fan... and hating Richie.

ash eventually does win a couple of leagues.
    but yeah, by the time he did a lot of viewers had already grown tired.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Torchic ftw! Still use my blazekin in black! The only pokemon I just don't feel right not having on my team! But Charmander if cool too but isn't better cause of Charmeleon. But Charizard is beast. I mained Oshwolt in black. But although his firms are cool as heck, their just. Okay.

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

Gary was an asshole.

Just saying.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Donuts View Post
    I hated Richie. He was even more goody goody than Ash, and that is saying a lot.
    To be quite honest, I don't remember that guy anymore at all. All I remember is his name and that all of his Pokémon had nicknames, which I liked a lot. So I stole the names and pretended to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Gary was an asshole.
    Lord almighty, I was downright scared of Gary (or his game equivalent, to be accurate).
    I'll never forget the first time I played Pkmn Red, not knowing that he would appear EVERYWHERE. Like on the SS Anne, just below the Nugget bridge in Cerulean City, at the end of the fucking Victory Road and, of fucking course, right after beatin the Elite 4. I remember how hysteric I was after beating all those fucking dragons, thinking I had done it, finally made it ... only to see his god forsaken face again.
    They dropped the "rival out of nowhere when your team is bound to be almost dead anyway" thing in Black/White and even threw some "doctors" in there that can heal your team on the spot. I never thought I'd say it, but I want Gary back ... it's just boring now. Way too easy.

at least the anime gary eventually softened up and quit battling to become a researcher.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

The original games were the hardest IMO. Specifically Yellow.

Poor Gary. He got to be champ for like 5 minutes lol.

I liked the 2nd gen rival the best. And the 2nd gen in general, really. Loved that you could go to Kanto, an end game perk that the other generations should have kept going.

Anime Gary was good, though. He is that character that is super fun to see get beat. Weren't enough assholes in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Donuts View Post
    The original games were the hardest IMO. Specifically Yellow.
    Yellow was practically unbeatable if you used Pikachu for anything, especially close to the end. Electric type in the 8th Gym? Oh please.
    I beat the game relying on my loyal Pidgeot. It wasn't THAT hard to beat this way ... I don't think I had more trouble beating it than I had with Red/Blue. But damn, those games were really challenging. Maybe it's because I was so young and had no idea of anything, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Yellow was practically unbeatable if you used Pikachu for anything, especially close to the end. Electric type in the 8th Gym? Oh please.
    I beat the game relying on my loyal Pidgeot. It wasn't THAT hard to beat this way ... I don't think I had more trouble beating it than I had with Red/Blue. But damn, those games were really challenging. Maybe it's because I was so young and had no idea of anything, but still.
    Haha yeah, I couldn't abandon my Pikachu! I mean it followed me around! Using him at the very first gym should have been all the indication one needed to know he was gonna be a bitch to hang on to. I also forced myself to get all 3 starters and use them. Probably had a lot to do with the difficulty level. Though, they were more useful than Pikachu.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because it has been a while, but aren't the levels in Yellow higher for all the gym leaders? Maybe not.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Did someone say... Gary Oak? More like...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Lord almighty, I was downright scared of Gary (or his game equivalent, to be accurate).
    I'll never forget the first time I played Pkmn Red, not knowing that he would appear EVERYWHERE. Like on the SS Anne, just below the Nugget bridge in Cerulean City, at the end of the fucking Victory Road and, of fucking course, right after beatin the Elite 4. I remember how hysteric I was after beating all those fucking dragons, thinking I had done it, finally made it ... only to see his god forsaken face again.
    They dropped the "rival out of nowhere when your team is bound to be almost dead anyway" thing in Black/White and even threw some "doctors" in there that can heal your team on the spot. I never thought I'd say it, but I want Gary back ... it's just boring now. Way too easy.
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I never knew when he'd pop out with his leveled up Pokemon to challenge you to a battle...right after you just got out of a grueling battle and your Pokemon are all half dead already! His main Pokemon was set to always be the complete opposite of yours, so that it'd have the advantage! He'd pop out at the most inopportune times and constantly insult you even when you whooped his ass! The bastard kept on bragging!

I laughed my ass off when Gary became a researcher in the anime. It didn't do him justice though... He was an asshole but you're right, he made the game that much more harder and all the more enjoyable to beat him.
    Everything's Eventual...

Thread Information