View Poll Results: Which is your favorite starter?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charmander

179 55.59%
  • Bulbasaur

117 36.34%
  • Squirtle

137 42.55%
  • Cyndaquil

74 22.98%
  • Chikorita

37 11.49%
  • Totodile

86 26.71%
  • Torchic

51 15.84%
  • Treecko

47 14.60%
  • Mudkipzz

54 16.77%
  • Chimchar

42 13.04%
  • Turtwig

42 13.04%
  • Piplup

40 12.42%
  • Tepig

26 8.07%
  • Snivy

51 15.84%
  • Oshawott

51 15.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler Match (Semi to Final) #3: Favorite Pokemon Game Starter

Default Re: Filler Match (Semi to Final) #3: Favorite Pokemon Game Starter

When you got lemons you make rice balls.
    When you got rice you make jelly filled donuts.

Swinub .

Yeah... I just voted for those that looked the cutest. Sorry.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

OMG . . . there are 3 generations of Pokemon starters that I know nothing about. ^^;;;

Went with Squirtle and Totodile, cuz I always had a thing for the water starters. Though I did like to use a sibling's cartridge to start a new game, play to the point where you can trade, then trade the starter pokemon to my game. Rinse and repeat, and you've got all three.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
    charmander and totodile... starters and their evolutionary lines gen 4 and 5 (and the rest of the pokemon for the later generations) all look really ridiculous...

in pokemon red, why couldn't charizard, a dragon with wings fly?
    There were a lot of odd, nonsensical things with Gen 1. But that's what gave it it's charm.

Scyther, with them big ol wings, also couldn't fly.

Lickitung can't learn Lick.

The effects of leech seed and toxic stack, because both moves used the same damage algorithm.

The fact that Special was one stat, so you had pokemon like Alakazam that absolutely raped in Gen 1. That's besides the fact that the Psychic typing was virtually unstoppable.

Your backpack only had 20 fucking sots. And EVERY ITEM occupied a slot, even stuff you had to have with you to simply get around.

I can't remember exactly, but there was something weird with pokemon that were Normal/Flying (atleast I saw this and remembered it from watching a youtube Red playthrough) where they (such as Pidgey and Spearow) were treated as simply flying. Fighting moves should have been neutral to them, but they were not very effective.

You weren't able to attack the turn you woke up from sleep, so moves like Sleep Powder or Sing were absolutely ridiculous, since once you saw your opponent wake up, you could just use the move again and they'd be put back down.

The Fire, Ice, and Thunder punches were special moves and not physical. There's a lot of moves that had changes after Gen 1 that corrected things that were terrible or silly.

Actually, if you haven't ever played Gen 1, or even Gen 2 to a degree, you have NO idea how spoiled you are, especially when it comes to the backpack, hold items like Exp. Share (had to train weaker poke's by actually having them out in the battle for a turn, so it was all manual), and .. well, the early gen's sort of blur for me now, but those of you who have played it will know what I mean.

Sorry, got a little nostalgic there.

Bulbasaur you cretins, the greatest starter pokemon is Bulbasaur.
    Also Oshawatt and Mudkipz can go directly to hell, friggin' abominations
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

What the hell is wrong with Mudkip?

Ignoring the fact it became the meme it is today. Tell me why, disregarding that, he goes to hell.

But I LOVE Mudkip :(((((((

Totodile stole my heart the moment I saw him, and he eventually evolves into Feraligatr...who was my favorite to use back when I still played Pokemon games. ^^; And Treecko...I dunno. I picked him in the Ruby Version. He looks funniest to me of the 3rd Gen. Pokemon. c:

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Chimchar has the best final evolution.

But as a starter it has to be squirtle. Shame he doesn't have the shades.

Default Re: Filler Match: Favorite Pokemon Game Starter

Quote Originally Posted by eerie View Post
    I just puzzled out Charizard's name like a week ago. I was was like OH SHIT IT'S LIZARD. I never really thought about it before, but where Charmander and Charmeleon immediately were obvious where they came up with the name, Charizard's for some reason wasn't obvious. Once I actually thought about it, well, yeah I felt silly.

What are your guys' favorite pokemon in general?

I'd have to say my top 3 are Ferrothorn, Camerupt, and Weezing. And then not far behind: Dragonite, Dusknoir, Gliscor, Flygon and Swampert, in no particular order.
    My, you have a tendency to like walls and sponges. I've had ferrothorn and dusknoir in teams of mine for that purpose.

I always have a hard time choosing a favorite pokemon. It's just too damn hard. Here's the ones I usually answer:

Porygon (original, 2 and Z), Weavile, Absol, Gengar, Mienshao, Gallade, Squirtle, Typhlosion, Dewott, Ampharos, Arcanine, Lugia.

No particular order, although the ones that usually get the most intense interest from me are Weavile and Dewott. Always loved sneasel and when weavile was announced I felt like a fat kid in a fast food restaurant. And I have a plush Dewott in my room.

I'd love to have a big ol' Ferrothorn plushie. The only one I've found is a 4 inch, "key chain" plushie (seems big to have on a key chain). Just not big enough for me to justify spending $20+ plus s&h on. I want on that's like, fucking pillow size.

I'd love to have a big ol' Ferrothorn plushie. The only one I've found is a 4 inch, "key chain" plushie (seems big to have on a key chain). Just not big enough for me to justify spending $20+ plus s&h on. I want on that's like, fucking pillow size.
    I have a giant pikachu pillow, which for some reason is the only affordable one. Been following this Squirtle one online, but the guy who has it asks for $99 which is WAAAY too much. I hate the fact that stuff for first generation pokemon is so hard to find nowadays.

I really don't get why there just can't be plushies of all sizes for all pokemon.

edit:
    Also, I found this:
    http://www.poweranime.com/index2.cfm...s&itemID=45404

Not pillow size, but larger than a keychain.

My favorites...

Fire: Arcanine
    Normal: Dunsparce (Love Rattata, but HATE its evolution)
    Fighting: Mienshao
    Water: Suicune/Lotad
    Flying: Farfetch'd
    Grass: Cacturne
    Dark: Absol
    Ghost: Shedinja
    Bug: Syther
    Ice: Lapras
    Electric: Emonga
    Dragon: Druddigon
    Ground: Sandshrew/Sandslash
    Rock: Rampardos/Archeops
    Psychic: Wobbuffet/Reuniclus
    Steel: Lucario
    Poison: Bellsprout
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Chikorita and Torchic have always been my favourites and nothing's ever going to change that.
    The first bunch of 'em wasn't anything special..
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Also, I found this:
    http://www.poweranime.com/index2.cfm...s&itemID=45404

Not pillow size, but larger than a keychain.
    I think this is the same one on amazon. This says 4.72 inch vs 4 inch.. so I dunno.

Thanks, though.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Robby.. you and your damn Emonga. Those things are adorable.. it's too bad they didn't have an evolution or were stronger, with such a good typing. They're fine to play through the game with.. not great competitively.

What the hell is wrong with Mudkip?

Ignoring the fact it became the meme it is today. Tell me why, disregarding that, he goes to hell.
    Four reasons reasons:

1. It's ugly
    2. It's stupid
    3. It's a part of Pokemon Sapphire (aka one of the most disappointing games I have ever played in my life)
    4. I hate it
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Robby.. you and your damn Emonga. Those things are adorable.. it's too bad they didn't have an evolution or were stronger, with such a good typing. They're fine to play through the game with.. not great competitively.
    If you play the type of competitive battling where you're allowed to use evasiveness boosting moves I don't see why not use Emonga. Those.. things almost destroyed me in-game. I can't even fathom what they'd be like in the right hands.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

My faves: Rapidash, Bulbasaur, Cloyster, Muk, Sawsbuck
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Squirtle, cyndaquil, totodile, mudkip, turtwig and oshawott (i love the final evolution of all of them).
    Last edited by akagami7; September 4th, 2011 at 03:21 AM.

Thread Information