+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 636: "The General From The Land Of The Future"

Default Re: Chapter 636: "The General From The Land Of The Future"

I liked franky's mecha form but i hope his 1 vs 1 fights doesn't involve it.
    Ganzbino

Quote Originally Posted by wintergt View Post
    Yeah monster chopper is my hope too. But we'll have to see.
    Sanjuan Wolf is one billion times bigger than sunny, it doesn't matter if sunny turn into a mecha, sanjuan wolf is still much bigger.

Discovered Stowaway Supernademan's Avatar

What would really be low blow is that despite Hodis apparent weakness to Luffy there was some sort of plot-kai to make him stronger, like unecessarily so

You guys speculating about Chopper's other two forms seem to forget that his "human" form is one of his 3 "default" ones, which every Zoan has - it doesn't make sense if it's mixed up with something else, just as it's impossible that he now needs a drug to enter the form which his fruit is all about in the first place. So that leaves the other remaining mysterious form to require the Rumble Ball, while his human form, just like his full reindeer form, has probably undergone a huge maturation process.

However, I'm still confused with him. I don't like how he just got rid of his old forms, I liked the old ones.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Lump of Dirt

Patience, Juvar.
    I'm sure that Oda will give you reason to like the new forms even more than the old ones.
    In the end, I won't be surprised if Chopper doesn't have any "forms" at all, but is simply able to reshape his body at will to perform nearly any task imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatPopsicle View Post
    Patience, Juvar.
    I'm sure that Oda will give you reason to like the new forms even more than the old ones.
    In the end, I won't be surprised if Chopper doesn't have any "forms" at all, but is simply able to reshape his body at will to perform nearly any task imaginable.
    I agree with this as it seems that this is exactly what high level zoans do. Just look at marco, who is probably the strongest zoan outside of sengoku, he can make any specific part of his body take phoenix properties. I am pretty sure I remember a point where it was just his right hand and a point where is was just his wings.

Not sure if its been stated. But maybe choppers form that needs the rumble ball is like a giant form. Similiar to monster point. Only instead of just being big and strong he is fully in control.

So when he took that rumble ball it allowed him to go giant guard point as opposed to his normal sized guard point.

Well as I said I'm just confused about it. I like the new ones so far, too. It's just that the old ones were pretty cool. Loved that one scene where he got attacked by chessmarimo and just swiftly changed around his forms to avoid being hit.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Lump of Dirt

I know what you mean, Juvar.
    I liked it when Chopper was able to avoid being hit by Oars by switching into brain point at just the right moment.
    Yeah, I'm a little confused about the forms as well. Let's just wait it out. I'm sure that Oda will explain it all very soon when Chopper gets his big fight.

@ Brizan:
    Yeah, I expect that all of the best zoan users can expand control of their fruit through life return and battle experience. Chopper will probably be the most versatile zoan user in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    I'd like to believe that San Juan Wolf will get his ass kicked by monster chopper or... something that's not mecha.
    Monster Chopper is like an ant to San Juan Wolf !

Best chance would be San Juan Wolf to be eaten by a carnivorous island like the one where Usopp was. I pray for Usopp to have some seeds of this plant in his arsenal...

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoustiFruit View Post
    Monster Chopper is like an ant to San Juan Wolf !

Best chance would be San Juan Wolf to be eaten by a carnivorous island like the one where Usopp was. I pray for Usopp to have some seeds of this plant in his arsenal...
    ha ha, that would also be pretty sweet.

Hmm so I guess its pretty much confirmed then that either jumping point or defense point require the rumble ball (Defense could have just needed the ball to super size it). I am really interested in how different jumping point will look seeing how different arm point and horn point have gotten. Also, why the heck is Oda taking so long to show Chopper's human form? Chopper spent the second most time in that form before the timeskip and I assume he will be in it just as much after it is revealed. Itll just be odd because oda spent fifty chapters without having chopper going into it at all.

Any ideas on what the human form may look like? I am thinking that it may look like a regular 17 year old based on how long Oda is taking to reveal it.

Lump of Dirt

Brizan, I'm kind of expecting that we get a nice slow reveal of Chopper's new human point.
    I wonder if, at some point in this arc, a shadowy figure will step in to do something essential to saving the crew/island/etc. Only chapters later will we realize that it was Chopper in his upgraded human/heavy point!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    All depends on how long Hodi and his gang stay around. I think once they're gone everything will be just peachy. Oda's placing some red herrings within the story, like Sunny already being coated making some people think Fishman Island is already close to over, but either that coating lasts super long because it was done by Den and/or Franky or the Straw Hats will be moving to a different location for part 2 of this arc. There's still a lot of plot points to cover in this arc, Van Der Decken's lineage coming into play, Shirley's prediction, that thing Van Der Decken mentioned in the flashback (Tametebako) that can age someone, Noah obviously -- especially with what the King just said on the last page of the chapter, etc etc.

---

Awesome chapter. I love Chopper's new look and Oda incorporating Wapometal, something from a long-ago cover story, just keeps raising the likelihood for other things in cover stories to play a part in the story (like Enel and his spacey army!). Franky is obviously awesome, love that Nami has a 1-hit short-ranged attack that doesn't have to charge to add into her arsenal, but I feel what the king said at the end of this chapter is very important about "The Day That Must Come". I'd love an accurate translation of his bottom panel of King Neptune on the last spread of the chapter.

I think you are right. Hodi and his Fishmen can power up with their drugs, but i don't think they will be the main attraction

There was some mentioning of a candy factory for one of the emporers.
    Candy factory and drugs who look like candy. Maybe Hodi is only the appetizer for the real challenge.

Just so my opinion is clear, the Straw Hats WON'T be going to the Reverie or to Mariejois to beat up old fogeys.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

the big boss is the Noah. I cannot believe that the prediction about luffy destroying FI is wrong, which means that there is a hcance he destroys fishmen island to save the Noah, or to make use of the Noah.

Not sure if this has been discussed but
    where does Chopper odd transformation came from?
    The one with the big mouth. Never saw it before.
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/84387739/13

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed but
    where does Chopper odd transformation came from?
    The one with the big mouth. Never saw it before.
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/84387739/13
    It's called Kung-Fu Point, I believe, and at the time we thought it was simply new, but it might actually be an updated version of one of his previous forms.
    Last edited by Shift; August 26th, 2011 at 10:46 PM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

For some reason, I missed the connection between Luffy's name for Surume and Icaros's gag the first time I read through the chapter. Suddenly, his line about it made a lot more sense.

I also missed the connection between Hody threatening Surume's brothers and Luffy's past, which is what pissed him off so much, until other people pointed it out. Lol, I sure hope I didn't miss anything else.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

I actually thought "Iron Pirate" is Vegapunk's former dream.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information