+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 636: "The General From The Land Of The Future"

Default Re: Chapter 636: "The General From The Land Of The Future"

Quote Originally Posted by Atrosh View Post
    It would still mean that it's easier to cut than to destroy it with blunt force. The old Pacifistas already having it makes sense... Besides, if they didn't already have it, we'd have to wait for yet another explanation on what they were made of, since as Zoro pointed out, whatever they were made of was "way harder than steel".
    It does not mean its easier to cut than destroy with blunt force. Luffy destroyed it with blunt force and Sanji did good damage. Smart metals exist in real life and all they do is go back to their original state after being bent or stretched. Being cut is a bit different but the Pacifista still got done in by blunt attacks.

Metals harder than steel exist in real life like Titanium alloys. The Pacifistas could also be made out of Vegapunk's first attempts at creating a memory metal before discovering wapometal. How do you explain Kuma who should have had his body long before Wapo was even chased away by Teach?

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    About Surume's brothers: now I'm wondering if the 3 shadow squid seen in the Florian Triangle mist were related, too.
    That's an interesting theory but the size and shape of the creatures difffer vastly from Surume.

Spoiler:

From what I can tell they're much larger than the Kraken.

Though they could be "older" brothers I guess. Also, Fishman Island is mentioned on that page of the creatures in the fog but they were heading to the island anyway. It's a stretch but we'll see how it pans out.
    Everything's Eventual...

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    It does not mean its easier to cut than destroy with blunt force. Luffy destroyed it with blunt force and Sanji did good damage. Smart metals exist in real life and all they do is go back to their original state after being bent or stretched. Being cut is a bit different but the Pacifista still got done in by blunt attacks.

Metals harder than steel exist in real life like Titanium alloys. The Pacifistas could also be made out of Vegapunk's first attempts at creating a memory metal before discovering wapometal. How do you explain Kuma who should have had his body long before Wapo was even chased away by Teach?
    A metal which can bend without breaking is obviously more resistant to blunt force attacks than it is to getting cut, this is basic physics so not going to argue this further. Luffy didn't destroy the metal, he destroyed the Pacifista (which does not equal to "he shattered every solid thing in its body with 1 punch"). Also, being more resistant to blunt force attacks does not equal being immune to it, I'd still expect Sanji to be able to break its neck.

And we have no info on when the experiments on Kumas body began, so how do you know he got that body before? He wasn't born with it, he was during the time already an ongoing "humans weapon system" project, still under development.
    Don't take yourself too seriously.

MS' version of Chapter 636 is out.

cherry kingdom lol

Finally! MS' translations are always better.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Everyone was awesome this chapter, especially Franky and Chopper! I'm really glad Oda got Chopper, Usopp, and Nami out of that tank so we can see them fight. No one wants to see 3 timeskip SH's driving around in a tank in the middle of a battlefield which we would be a perfect place for them to show off their new abilities.

I'm kinda wanting for Franky to get knocked out of his robot so we can see him use his new gadgets on his cyborg body. Though the robot does look cool. +_+

Overall, awesome chapter! Luffy is a badass mo fo'.

And +10 points for Usopp's manly declaration.
    ha its actually pretty damn funny that after a time skip and big powerups we sit and watch usopp/chopper/nami sit in a tank and run around the battlefield shooting. made me laugh

but as you said for franky, doesn't it show in even this chapter that this robot falls over and he says its heavy or something? so i bet franky is out of his robot now too

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by archanfel View Post
    So Hody... first you say you wanna be the Pirate King, then you threaten Surume's brother....

"You are beyond FUCKED"... is an understatement, you might as well do it all by somehow damaging Luffy's strawhat too now.
    lets just hope he doesn't threaten to make all meat extinct

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud_21 View Post
    Converted. Franky is just too suuperrr~
    About the chapter. Likes: Franky (he's so super, I had to write it again), Chopper's new design and SHs owning just about everyone. Dislikes: Hody (major disappointment), the 'battle' in general (will expand on that later), Usopp's powerups look lame and Weakahoshi.
    Am I the only one or is this battle way too underwhelming (unless something really dramatic happens)? The power level of the New Fishman Pirates is enough for Luffy alone to one-hit KO all of them. Or if he took out all the sheep in one haki burst and the SHs start one-on-one fights with the NFPs, only to one-hit KO them. And act nonplussed while doing it. I feel Oda has given too much attention to the NFPs and they are turning out to be a major disappointment.
    I do not think Caribou will absorb Noah. Him kidnapping Weakahoshi sounds more interesting and plausible.
    Anybody have any theories about why Neptune is pissing his pants so badly?
    well my thoughts on battle are somewhat different.

we just had two years of training to become high teir fighters. If this was pre-timeskip then this would be one hard/tough insane battle that we are used too.

but think of it this way, if these people were to give the strawhats a super tough fight and a lot of trouble, then would fishman island need protecting from humans such as whitebeard and big mam do? Imagine the strawhats living at fishman island. Any pirates or slavers or whatever would have to be stronger than the strawhat pirates in order to dare attack/steal? and that is a very very small number of pirates. Essentially it would have to be like 200+ million guys to even be able to not look like fodder. And how many 200+ pirates are there?

Luffy looks as badass as Whitebeard did.
    Very cool chapter, except for the whole Franky mecha invention, I still haven't been able to warm up to Franky...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    That's an interesting theory but the size and shape of the creatures difffer vastly from Surume.
    Oda is somewhat notorious for drawing fluctuating sizes -- especially in comparison. Just have a look at how often Franky's size (especially in comparison to the rest of the crew, Sunny, etc) has changed since the beginning of the time-skip.

That said though, the overall shape of Surume and of the Florian trio doesn't really match. The trio have the classic shape of squid (triangular tip, long thin "hood" and eyes just beneath) but Surume has more of an octopus shape (softer, rounder), so it's like they're different species. If that's the case, it sinks the "brothers" idea --unless Oda is using "brothers" in a way that's more like "friends" or "crew mates" than like actual "blood-relatives".

It's a stretch but we'll see how it pans out.
    Yep. At best, it's a very long-shot theory, but those are my favorite kind.

^Urouge --
    Awesome theory about how Wapol might have been inspired by Luffy!
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Wow...I actually enjoyed mangazone's scan a lot better than mangastream's...It's amazing how mangastream's translations can screw up the context. Wayy too many things were more interesting in mangazone's scan like "General Ashimoto Dangerous" and a lot of other stuff.

And I don't get how there are people who prefer Chopper's old horn point, he ate a "human fruit" yet pretty much never looks remotely human. This new horn point makes him like awesomely human and badass. Can't ask for much more unless his human point no longer looks fugly.

No Arm Point and no Jumping Point for Chopper. Kungfu Point makes most sense after combining both. He still has the arms Arm Point, just not the long legs.

Chopper's man form is probably bigger than Franky now. I'm certain the shadow in back is the other 2 forms.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Discovered Stowaway

I just started listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack while reading new chapters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrYEEfgbG8 It fits perfectly! (manly tears)
    LURK LURK LURK LURK

Quote Originally Posted by Atrosh View Post
    A metal which can bend without breaking is obviously more resistant to blunt force attacks than it is to getting cut, this is basic physics so not going to argue this further. Luffy didn't destroy the metal, he destroyed the Pacifista (which does not equal to "he shattered every solid thing in its body with 1 punch"). Also, being more resistant to blunt force attacks does not equal being immune to it, I'd still expect Sanji to be able to break its neck.
    Missing the point. You're saying the Pacifista's are possibly made out of the same material WB couldn't break and using the cutting argument to explain why Zoro could do it but ignoring that Luffy did, at least, bust its face with blunt force. Even if its different amounts of the same material Luffy accomplishing what WB did puts a damper on the idea.

And we have no info on when the experiments on Kumas body began, so how do you know he got that body before? He wasn't born with it, he was during the time already an ongoing "humans weapon system" project, still under development.
    So you think Kuma wasn't a cyborg at the first warlord meeting which was before or around the same time Waposteel came into existence? Not much timed passed between that meeting and the Drum arc so there really was no time for Wapol to develop the metal, the government to get the metal, develop parts for Kuma, and then for Kuma to be present at that meeting.

this chapter was AAAWWWWSSOMMEE.man the cover story was great and the fighting was just wow.chopper fighting daruma like i thought with a new horn point.Franky is the absolute coolest. he has a GIANT ROBOT for crying out loud. zoro and saji backing up their captain as nice too. oh and how could i forget about nami and ussop stepping it up on the battlefild. loved this chapter

I think I`ll start my own "read and comment on everything at the same time" thing next chapter like some people are doing. I always enjoy reading them, atleast.

I think Daruma and Chopper will have a 1 vs. 1 fight, that seems pretty clear to me. Ikaros and Dosun, on the other hand, don`t necessarily have to fight Sanji and Zoro just because they have been stopped by them this chapter. I don`t think the two are down for the count either, or else Oda would have shown some classic close up on their white eyed faces.

I am really unsure on whos gonna fight who and what the the other Strawhats will do in the meantime. Everything is still open here.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    Missing the point. You're saying the Pacifista's are possibly made out of the same material WB couldn't break and using the cutting argument to explain why Zoro could do it but ignoring that Luffy did, at least, bust its face with blunt force. Even if its different amounts of the same material Luffy accomplishing what WB did puts a damper on the idea.
    I think that the amount of material certainly matters, a several meter-thick wall made of it is certainly going to be able to withstand significantly more punishment than 15-30cm of it (assuming that's the thickness of Kumas "bones"), so I don't think that makes WB look weak.

However...
    So you think Kuma wasn't a cyborg at the first warlord meeting which was before or around the same time Waposteel came into existence? Not much timed passed between that meeting and the Drum arc so there really was no time for Wapol to develop the metal, the government to get the metal, develop parts for Kuma, and then for Kuma to be present at that meeting.
    True enough, if he was a cyborg at that meeting there wouldn't have been enough time, in which case I guess he wasn't made of WSteel.
    Don't take yourself too seriously.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

I dunno, there's something really off about this whole arc.

I don't know if it can be saved...
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

I came.
    Thank you Oda.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Sweet chapter. Chopper and Nami kicked ass.....and oh man, Franky's mecha was incredible.

Luffy smashing his foot into Hodi sealed the deal.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information