+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Chapter 635: "So Disgusting, You Gotta Fly" - Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 635: "So Disgusting, You Gotta Fly" - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Paran View Post
    So the lady on the cover... from Foxy's crew?
    As in Porsche-chan, or as in Sexy Carpenter Gina?
    If the former, it's highly unlikely that she'd leave her boss.
    If it's the latter ... hmmm ... an interesting idea ... but I get the impression that Wapol's cover story occurred before the SH had their Davy Back Fight with Foxy and Co. As best I remember, Gina was still on Foxy's crew then.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Quote Originally Posted by Paran View Post
    So the lady on the cover... from Foxy's crew?
    No, Miss Universe from Wapol's cover story.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Even Though I can't read much of Japanese, I can read Arabic just fine. And i can tell pretty much that this Gibberish is definitely not ODA! all the Answers are written in a way that ODA would never do, and they all seem that they are written by a 17 year old or even younger.

But AoHige already cleared that up

Wapol is going to be such a douche at the Reverie. And now that he's friends with World Nobles there's no telling what damage he'll cause there.

NNID: jervinnectar

There's actually still the possibility that we get to see the Reverie happening first hand without the Strawhats being there themselves, like a "meanwhile..." kind of thing. Like that time with the meeting of the Shichibukai, when Kuma and Dofla had their introduction and Lafitte proposed Blackbeard as replacement... That would still give us the opportunity to witness the events, see Vivi, Wapol being an ass, possibly a clash with Dalton, Neptune there, and discussing the events of the Strawhats resurfacing, which they literally do at the very same time on the other side of the Red Line, in the New World.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

I always assumed the SHs wouldn't go the Reverie. Like you said it's a game changing world event. The repercussions will affect the SHs in some way but no way will they go.

Wapol being friends with World Nobles is what interests me. That combination immediately trumps all the pro-SH royal friends the crew meet along the way. This could be a problem if Luffy comes up on the agenda like Dragon did in Vivi's flashback.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    but no way will they go.
    Justification? It's obviously close enough and soon enough that the royal family under Neptune is antsy but still has time to arrive. The Reverie is a potential "next location" in my opinion, though I agree an unlikely one.

I'm guessing Wapol will be an ally of the Straw Hats. Same logic as Duval really. Even though the SH's caused him an immense amount of grief (at the time), they inevitably lead him to a much better position in the end. Wapol probably sees his entire encounter with the SH crew as a good thing and might even end up helping them in the future.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Wapol's kingdom just screams evil, all the way down to the name "evil black drum". And even though there is ambiguity in this series on what is good and bad, I don't think "evil black drum" will side with Straw Hats, even if he is better off.

This reminds me of why I like the cover page so much. Not only is it a villain, but it's Wapol with a new kingdom. And yeah, it might not be a super major part in the story, but Wapol will probably be back in the future and have some role to play. It justifies his cover story a bit more. It also opens the floodgates for villains to appear in this cover story now, including maybe other cover story characters like Eneru or CP9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I agree with that, I don't see Wapol being grateful to the Strawhats at all, he's not the type for that - and it gives the needed opposition to the several participants who do side with the Strawhats.
    ...and damn, it's hard not to spoil myself.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

But is Wapol's new kingdom called the Evil Black Drum Kingdom or just the Black Drum Kingdom? I think it's the latter and evil is used as an adjective to describe the new kingdom and not as part of its name. Remember, the WG wants the public to see them as righteous and just(ice) and Wapol's kingdom has been acknowledged by the World Nobles. I don't think the WG would tolerate one of its affiliated kingdoms having evil in it's name because it goes against the image it tries to portray to the public.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

That's true, but even if Evil isn't part of the name I just don't see Wapol siding with the Strawhats since the kingdom is described as evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I don't see him siding with the Straw Hats either. If anything, he'll have a much bigger ego than before and be more corrupt because even though he was overthrown, he eventually became rich again and a king again. He'll probably think he's invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    This sbs was fake
    The msot recnet one is the volume 63 sbs, which you can read its tranlation in the vol 63 prediction thread
    there are sbs in all the volumes except 1,2 and 3.
    Ok, thanks for the info
    I suposed it, but wasn't sure ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HikaruYami View Post
    Justification? It's obviously close enough and soon enough that the royal family under Neptune is antsy but still has time to arrive. The Reverie is a potential "next location" in my opinion, though I agree an unlikely one.
    Mostly speculation but I don't see the SHs leaving Fishman Island to go all the way up to Mariejois if that's where the Reverie takes place. Even if it doesn't the security will be insane.

The Reverie is also a chance to introduce future antagonists or trigger the Revolutionary plot similar to how Ace traveling the Grandline triggered the War of the Best.

endlessly refreshing mangareader for this chapter
    Ganzbino

Hey AoHige , I don't see any Hige there , You must Change your avatar :D
    Well take a look here http://dc07.arabsh.com/i/01580/e0zbepvkhhpk.jpg
    a
    nd Guess what Mood Oda was in, to write his name in a false way :D Ichiro hahahahaha and in katakana xD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information