+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .hack

Wink

I quite surprised that there wasn't a thread about this! .hack//SIGN is one of my favorite anime series EVER (loved the ending). My favorite character is Tsukasa.

(I think the storyline is .hack//SIGN -> the games -> Legend of the Twilight).

The LotT anime was a complete disapointment since it basically pawned off of the games and SIGN with the wierd areas. The manga was MUCH, MUCH better.

The Mystery is Solved Son Conan's Avatar

I, too, found Sign highly entertaining. I think the thing I liked about it the most was the fact that it was more focused on characters and plot rather than action, which I'm sure turned a lot of people off (but they have the games, so it all works out). I loved all of the characters, but Crim, Sora, and Mimiru were ultimately my favorites.

As far as the Twilight Bracelet manga goes, all I'll say is that the "one hand on the controller" line had me in stitches.
    Te quise tanto que supe entregarte enterita mi alma
    Te quise tanto que nunca escuche lo que hablaban de m
    Te quise tanto que para olvidarte una vida no alcanza, que queda
    Perder la esperanza de andar por el mundo buscando por t.

Originally posted by Solar Knight@May 18 2005, 07:47 PM
    (I think the storyline is .hack//SIGN -> the games -> Legend of the Twilight).
    [snapback]51440[/snapback]
    There are also a few novels: .hack//AI Busters, which takes place really on in the history of The World, which is gonna be released in English by Tokyopop in another month or two. Another novel, .hack//ZERO, takes place between SIGN and the games, and will be coming out in English eventually as well, IIRC. The last novel, .hack//ANOTHER BIRTH is the same as the games, only told from the perspective of BlackRose. Dunno if that's getting an English release or not.

To top it off, there are also the .hack//LIMINALITY OVAs that come with the games and take place more or less around the same time. There is ALSO a brand new game that's just been announced, .hack//GU, which there's pretty much no information on yet.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Loved the anime - never touched the game.
    I have nearly worn out my soundtrack to the anime - l-o-v-e the soundtrack.
    I also agree that the manga for LotT is better than the anime. The anime wasn't a bad way to waste an afternoon though. It just wasn't as good as I had hoped.

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

Your affectionate friend Starlight's Avatar

One thing, i really loved about .hack//SIGN, was it's marvellous soundtrack. (Thank you Yuki Kaijura, for delivering us with some of the best anime music ever). :lol:

Kurapica/Killua from HxH ~

I bought the first five DVDs and while they're good it didn't really hook me. However the games and manga are good, though I do wish they'd released the game as either one box set rather than having to pay £30 for essentially one quarter of a game.

I've never watched .hack//SIGN, but I'd really love to watch it. I've only gotten hack//liminality (1 DVD), .hack//INFECTION (the game), and .hack//legend of twilight (the manga).

I really love the music out of the hack series too. I think the game is really neat, but I think it would even be more special if you could really get online (maybe even the real thing).

mmm... yolko love (eggyxeggy). warning: don't cook them.

Originally posted by normyk@May 19 2005, 06:01 AM
    I have nearly worn out my soundtrack to the anime - l-o-v-e the soundtrack.
    [snapback]51661[/snapback]
    It created such an amibience ^_^ . Can't think of any other series with BGM that good!

SIGN, in my opinion, didn't have that great a soundtrack. It wasn't bad by any means, and there were a few good tracks, but it doesn't really rank among the best in my book. LIMINALITY, on the other hand, had absolutely awesome music.
    -Spider Jerusalem

LIMINALITY had a really good opening song (I only saw the first episode of the series).

Originally posted by Solar Knight@May 19 2005, 04:22 PM
    LIMINALITY had a really good opening song (I only saw the first episode of the series).
    [snapback]51937[/snapback]
    Actually, each episode of LIMINALITY has a different opening. IMHO, each one is better than the previous one. The first is considerably more fast-paced than the others, though, making it one of the few fast moving .hack songs around.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Did they also have different endings?

Originally posted by Solar Knight@May 19 2005, 05:32 PM
    Did they also have different endings?
    [snapback]51999[/snapback]
    Nope. The ending's the same in every episode.
    -Spider Jerusalem

My opinions:

SIGN- pretty good, but pretty dull and slow at times. Great characters, though.

Games: Really fun, great storyline, great cast of characters, but it could all be confusing at times.

DUSK- pretty good, I haven't read much though.

But alone they're lackluster, they kind of need to be together to make sense.

I never bothered touching Liminality.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Discovered Stowaway Pirate-Hunter-Arrow's Avatar

Wow, never thought I'd find fellow .Hack fans here! :D

Right now I have the complete collection of .Hack//Sign, including extra episodes.
    I have 3 out of the 4 games that are out. Suffice to say I also have Liminality up to ep.4. I have all the .Hack//Legend of the twilight manga books and of every character in every series, my favourite is Balmung.

Please click this link and help these Dragon eggs grow or they'll die!!

.hack//SIGN

may favorite charecter is Sora....of course.

i like the show, the game, the music....

guess what i am.... (fan?) i've got the first three games.....need the fourth.

great stuff .hack

I would kill myself for you.
    I would kill you for myself.

I loved //Sign. I'm also probably in a minority because I liked the //Dusk anime as well. Though the main reason I love //Dusk is that the one game character they brought over happened to be my favorite. Sanjuro! WOOT!

Erm, yeah. My favorite characters were Krim, Bear, and Mimiru. I liked the character-driven storyline of //Sign a lot, I thought it was awesome.

As for the games, I've played the first two and a bit of the third, but that's all.

Default Re: .hack

I was just rewatching .hack//sign, who thought Tsukasa was a total noob here? ^_^ Just for fun?

Discovered Stowaway

I read Legend of the Twilight and thought it was amazing. That was one of the first comics I read after Inu Yasha.

That sucked.

.hack//roots was starting cool, too bad that was just a teaser for the game :-(

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information