+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eureka seveN

Talking Eureka seveN

Big fan of any Bones anime, their newest this season is Eureka Seven, a sci-fi, mecha series. The premise is the usual, angsty young protagonist, who dreams of piloting a LFO, a skyboarding type mech and joining an elite band of pilots, called the 'Gekko State'.

The first episode is superbly animated, really mind blowing, especially in the opening few minutes, during Holland's battle. The story seems fairly cliche so far, by mecha standards, but not so much that you'll lose interest. It sort of has a FLCL/RahXephon vibe in the first episode, but I hear the second episode really kicks things into high gear.

Check it out:

[Nanashi] Eureka Seven - Promo

[Nanashi] Eureka Seven - Episode 01

I too am a fan of Studio Bones, so I checked this out.

The most amazing thing is that it's a Mecha series THAT INTERESTS ME. So far, the plot feels a bit like FLCL meets Xenogears, and that's perfectly fine by me. I absolutely love the sky surfing mech idea.

As for your comments on the main character, he doesn't seem angsty, more just fed up with all the nitwits in his town.

So, anyway, I'm gonna be sticking with this one for the next year. Mwahahaha.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Well maybe not totally angsty, but he's a tad whiney, sorta disagreeable. He has that Naota thing going on, he seems to wish he was older and really hates the city he lives in, plus Renton's design definitely has a close resemblance to Naota. :P

And then when he meets a cute girl he starts ranting about how cool he is. ^^
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

just saw the first eps. not to long ago, it was good... very cliche, but good. I'd be interested to see what happens next, I'll most likely keep watching

Thanks for the recommendation :P

The sub of the second episode just came out, getting it now. B)

Your affectionate friend Starlight's Avatar

Originally posted by Battle Franky@Apr 27 2005, 03:31 AM
    Well maybe not totally angsty, but he's a tad whiney, sorta disagreeable. He has that Naota thing going on, he seems to wish he was older and really hates the city he lives in, plus Renton's design definitely has a close resemblance to Naota. :P
    [snapback]38147[/snapback]
    Hey isn't Naota from Furi Kuri?.

Thanks for recommeding us this title. Though i'm not a huge fan of Mecha Anime, I'll give this a try. :lol:

Kurapica/Killua from HxH ~

i'm up to ep 5 and i really like it! it seems to have a great storyline and the characters are pretty interesting. some jokes are really good, too.

I don't think Crump and I have ever done MST3k with an anime before. This one worked surprisingly well.

I was wondering what this strange anime was cos Eureka looked really wierd when I saw her holding hands with Renton in Newtype. I was wondering what was so great about this anime that it made the cover page of one issue so I went to check it out and surprisingly, it was good ^^ I love the opening song.

Anyway, I am still confused about the Trapar flow thinggy and it was funny to see the kids play tricks on Renton ^^

Ep. 11 was definitely that 'Bones' type, kicker episode, the story is really starting to gaining momentum now. I've heard ep. 12 & 13 are absolutely awesome! So I hope that Nanashi stay a little more consistent with their releases of the series.

Lune Racht

Is this the anime that has the song Days as the opening?

Because I love that song.

Thumbs up

Yup, 'Days' by FLOW is the first OP.The second is 'Shounen Heart' by Home Made Kazoku, which I think kicks in around ep. 14 or 15.

Lune Racht

Huh, my friend just sent me Shounen Heart the other day. Both 'Days' and 'Shounen Heart' are awesome - I think Home Made Kazoku did the fourth Bleach ED as well.

Anyway, I might give this anime a try. The description of it sounds interesting.

Default Do my eyes deceive me?

If it isn't Eureka's Castle I don't wanna hear about it.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Was that like Alegra's window or something?

Like an early 90's Nick Jr. show?

Yes it was......

Well, here come the memories.....

Well, I'm very in love with this show now ^^ The only problem is I don't understand a lot of stuff. Like what the hell is Eureka and how can Renton, Eureka and Anemone (sp?) dreams be connected. And what's with Renton's father? And what's the deal with the Coralian? Loads of questions XD

i think that renton is my favourite anime hero in a while. he's clearly cool (even if he thinks he's not) and his reactions are always great. he rarely is an annoying brat and when he's one he clearly knows it.

there are a lot of questions in this anime and i can't wait to watch how will the story evolve.

btw, does anybody know the name of the band playing the current opening (i think they do the ending too, and that they did the excellent 2nd ending of yakitate!! japan)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information