+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 517 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 10336

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

I just want to see Squirrel Girl on the big screen. Please cast Anna Kendrick for her!

So starting today I'm going to begin rewatching an MCU movie a week until the release of Infinity War. I'll be doubling down the week Black Panther comes out, but otherwise it'll match up with the release of the film. I think it'll be a good chance to absorb it all in before Thanos comes to fuck up Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    So starting today I'm going to begin rewatching an MCU movie a week until the release of Infinity War. I'll be doubling down the week Black Panther comes out, but otherwise it'll match up with the release of the film. I think it'll be a good chance to absorb it all in before Thanos comes to fuck up Earth.
    Are you interested in giving mini-reviews of each film?

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I'm actually doing the same lol

It also helps that I just got caught up in DC comics and so now it's time to start getting caught up in Marvel (I was behind in both) so this'll be one big Marvel-fest for me lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

New trailer

Not much new, but cool looking as ever.

Although they are starting to spam that car-flip.

This sounds like a great time for some advertising.

Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 7302 - 6515 Oops, lost my 3DS... :(

I'm 90% sure I'll need to buy the soundtrack.

Looks like we are getting a Kitty Pryde movie.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-fox-i...ovi-1821913151

Also gonna watch the films leading up to Infinity War, especially since I've only watched 3 prior to this. Feel free to post your reviews too if you like, Md-Martin, but I'll share my reactions as well.

To start: Iron Man. I feared it would be really boring. And while it's definitely a slower and more grounded movie, I felt pretty engaged throughout most of it. Ultimately, it was serviceable. I don't feel like I wasted time watching it but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Spoiler:
    I think my biggest problem with the film is that it feels very intimate, but also attempts to have wide-reaching consequences that just don't really have an impact. I don't really get the feeling that Stark's weapons are causing so much destruction because the only thing we really see of that is the soldiers getting gunned down at the very beginning of the film, and the enemy's weapon power doesn't feel all that special. I can see this probably carrying more weight in 2008 when the Taliban was a bigger threat and there were news stories and such about how our weapons got in their hands, so maybe this is just the result of it being a period piece. I wasn't really impressed with the Jericho Missile either, it seemed like it would be important but it never really felt too dangerous and then the film kind of dumps it? Eh, pretty mixed.

Also have mixed thoughts on Stain being the villain. Yeah, it was pretty obvious, but ultimately I don't think I minded the untwist. I'm just not sure I like how he was handled, he honestly felt subdued in the first part of the film and so it felt weird having him be laughing and evil at the end. I'd have liked to see him be more hammy in the beginning, maybe played up more as a rival to Stark; sure, that might go into silly territory but honestly I think it'd connect better when we find out he's the scheming mastermind who's conspiring with the terrorists and wanting to play around with the powerful armor.

I wonder how I would view this film 10 years ago, back when superhero movies hadn't really taken off and most of them were pretty bad. So maybe it was a nice treat to kick off the Marvel films that hasn't aged too well, though Batman Begins came out three years before and also focused on a billionaire playboy in a way I greatly enjoyed, so yeah either way Iron Man feels kind of underwhelming ultimately.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Are you interested in giving mini-reviews of each film?
    I actually was planning to do something like that on here with each one. I got kind of caught off guard at the end of this past week with a Winter class I'm taking, so I'm going to do something like that with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk this Friday/Saturday.

On a side note, i finally saw a Reddit post breaking down the MCU timeline to make sense with the whole "8 years" comments in both Civil War and Spider-Man Homecoming. I'm glad to have one more useless continuity question answered for my mind that takes these things way too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Fox is shaking up the release schedule of its X-Men movies, giving Deadpool 2, New Mutants and Gambit new opening dates.

In what is sure to be a treat for Deadpoolfans, the highly-anticipated sequel to the 2016 Ryan Reynolds smash is being pushed up two weeks, from June 1 to May 18.

The move put the action comedy against Sony's Slender Man, but more importantly, has it opening one week before Disney's Solo: A Star Wars Story. Its a strategic play as even second weeks have been exceptionally strong for Star Wars movies. (The (Last Jedi earned a big $71.5 million in its second weekend in December.)

The New Mutants, Josh Boone's horror-tinged take on Marvel's teen heroes, gets pushed back 10 months. The movie, which stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams and Charlie Heaton, is jumping from April 13 to Feb. 22, 2019.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-dates-1073560

That delay to New Mutnats is INSANE, close to a year delay.

I just don't want new mutants to be new Fant4stic.

Is alright if it's Wolverine Origins instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Since the movie is coming so late in correspondence with Disney acquiring Fox, it seems like New Mutants will be Fox's Last Stand.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Is alright if it's Wolverine Origins instead?
    Yes, then it would be a great comedy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Since the movie is coming so late in correspondence with Disney acquiring Fox, it seems like New Mutants will be Fox's Last Stand.
    Not quality wise hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I wonder how I would view this film 10 years ago, back when superhero movies hadn't really taken off and most of them were pretty bad. So maybe it was a nice treat to kick off the Marvel films that hasn't aged too well, though Batman Begins came out three years before and also focused on a billionaire playboy in a way I greatly enjoyed, so yeah either way Iron Man feels kind of underwhelming ultimately.
    It's so surreal to think it's already been 10 years since Iron Man came out, near the end of my sophomore year of high school. And that movie was followed by The Hulk, Hellboy II, and then the summer was rounded off with The Dark Knight. It was a pretty great summer for superhero films, at least, for a 16 year old me. It definitely felt like superhero movies were getting noticeably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    It's so surreal to think it's already been 10 years since Iron Man came out, near the end of my sophomore year of high school. And that movie was followed by The Hulk, Hellboy II, and then the summer was rounded off with The Dark Knight. It was a pretty great summer for superhero films, at least, for a 16 year old me. It definitely felt like superhero movies were getting noticeably better.
    It must have been, because 14 year old me agrees with you.

Because of Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and even The Incredible Hulk (I didn't see Hellboy II until it was on tv), 2008 is probably my gold standard year for comic book films.

The Incredible Hulk:

Spoiler:
    This was another film I didn't have high hopes for, but in the end, I think I enjoyed it very much and even more so than Iron Man. I think it's because, except for the brief mentions of turning soldiers into Hulks, it felt completely like a personal story with a major impact on only the protagonists and antagonists. I could get behind what Bruce was doing without having to be distracted by broader implications like I was with Iron Man.

I mostly really liked how they gave the origin story in the opening credits and allowed the film to start with a brisker pace. Though I will admit it wasn't perfect since I'm not extremely familiar with Hulk in the comics, so not everything seemed to be introduced smoothly. Thankfully, I did have background knowledge on Thunderbolt and Betty Ross so at least their introductions were easier. Also, I absolutely loved the little scene where Betty's ex? boyfriend doesn't take shit from her dad after the campus battle. That, the campus battle, and the scene with Hulk and Betty in the woods was probably the peak of the movie for me (although the final fight wasn't bad)

My biggest criticism of the movie is Abomination/whatever his human name is. I felt like I had barely gotten to know him when he had himself become the Abomination, only really remembering his fight against Hulk on the campus (which was really cool!) But I still hadn't gotten a full sense of his character by the time he went beast mode and so his violent actions before the transformations didn't feel natural. And while the final fight was enjoyable, I'd have preferred if the humans hadn't been in such close proximity, so the fight could have been less restrained.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information