+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 450 FirstFirst ... 348 398 438 446 447 448 449 450 LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 8994

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

A British in flight magazine placed Lupita Nyong'o as hailing from Wakanda. Lol. Either the trolling or just dumb.

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/brit...ium=socialflow

http://deadline.com/2017/09/x-force-...ox-1202163706/

Drew Goddard will write and direct X-Force starring Cable and Deadpool.

X-Force . . . . so that's basically Deadpool 2?

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    X-Force . . . . so that's basically Deadpool 2?
    Think of it as gritty covert assassin/mercenary Avengers with Deadpool.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Think of it as gritty covert assassin/mercenary Avengers with Deadpool.
    'Kay. I thought it was just a buddy cop movie with Deadpool and Cable, but I guess there's more.

'Kay. I thought it was just a buddy cop movie with Deadpool and Cable, but I guess there's more.
    Wolverine is usually on the team as the leader, I think. Among other characters like Fantomex and an alternate reality's Nightcrawler.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

There's about a dozen iterations of X-Force (inluding a superb satire of the then newish obsession with reality tv) that were lead by, among others, Cable, Cannonball, Wolverine, Psylocke and Storm. Deadpool was a starring character in a more recent lineup which is why people are complaining that Fox IS RUINING CHILDHOODS AND EVERYTHING FOREVER.

Also Deadpool 2 is the Cable/Deadpool buddy movie and comes out next year (which the article makes mention of).

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and ... I just did not get it. I enjoyed the first one well enough but in this, everything that made the first one successful seemed to be cranked up to the max. More humor, more music. Humor where there shouldn't be humor, music where I don't need music. When Peter finally started fighting his father with his hidden strength, I didn't need another song.

I did have the same problem with the two Avengers movies and the first Guardians at the end there, where either movies wanted to crack jokes and satisfy a certain audience, at the cost of the seriousness of the situation - death all around, that sort of thing. Which is why prefer The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier, Spider-man 2, Civil War (though that one has other issues). I just want a less humor-filled finale, I guess.

And when is Marvel gonna hire a composer who can compose an actual memorably soundtrack. Jeez.

is it true that the new avengers trailer is playing tonight on the Jimmy kimmel show?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Anybody else think we'll get a full Black Panther trailer when Thor comes out?

Anybody else think we'll get a full Black Panther trailer when Thor comes out?
    Yes. Because it'll be closer to the release date by then.

So apparently Mark Ruffalo accidentally streamed audio of the first 15 minutes of Thor Ragnorok. He was streaming on Instagram before the premier, and accidentally left it going while in his pocket.

I'm sure Disney executives are losing their shit over this, and Mark Ruffalo probably thinks it's hysterical.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/11/1...g-mark-ruffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Uh-oh guess they won't be making that solo Hulk film with Ruffalo in the starring role.

That's sarcasm before anyone points out certain facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

anyone think there going to work up to a sinister six movie with their spiderman franchise?

and if so who would even be on the team???

all I hope is that if they make mysterio a member, they make his costume exactly like the random character they never used in that alternate cover of the new avengers, he even has the fishbowl head and everything, it would be great

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    anyone think there going to work up to a sinister six movie with their spiderman franchise?

and if so who would even be on the team???

all I hope is that if they make mysterio a member, they make his costume exactly like the random character they never used in that alternate cover of the new avengers, he even has the fishbowl head and everything, it would be great
    Sony has been trying to bend over backwards to make a Sinister Six movie for like 4 years now. They tried way to hard to set it up in TASM2 which led to the cancellation of the S6 movie.

Then after the Marvel deal, they were saying that they would still do it, but as it's own thing. Part of Sony's absolutely idiotic idea to try and build a whole franchise on the Spider-man universe....except with little-to-no Spider-man.

Then we got Homecoming which introduces Scorpion who blatantly hints at the S6, mentioning he's got friends on the outside and that a lot of people behind bars have scores to settle with Spider-man. I actually really think that's a good set up for his Rogues Gallery in this universe. In most interpretations, Spider-Man's villains are almost all the result of some scientific experiment gone wrong. Some adaptations, like Spectacular Spider-Man, tied most of it into together to make sense. Oscorp was behind a lot of the villains getting powers specifically. So I think it's actually a good set up to have some of the S6 be regular criminals that Peter has put behind bars, that are now willing to get upgraded to supervillain status just for revenge.

And while that set-up is great, it's very ambiguous if it will go anywhere. The Sony/Marvel deal is so questionable at times. People like Amy Pascal have not made it easier to understand either, with her originally stating that the Sonyverse films(Venom, S6, Silver Sable) would be part of the MCU. Only to backpedal a week later and say "Oh, I meant part of the same "comic book universe' not cinematic universe."

Kevin Fiege(who seems more frustrated with timeline and continuity questions as time goes on) has pretty much stated point blank "The films we make with Tom Holland and our team are our movies, Sony does their own thing). Tom is in a contract for 6 movies. Civil War, Homecoming, two Homecoming Sequels, and Avengers 3 and 4. In addition, Amy Pascal's statements seem to indicate that the stories they wanna tell with Venom and the S6 don't really focus on Peter so he may not be necessary.

Now as a big Spider-Man fan, I think that's the dumbest train of thought anyone could have. Yes, the characters are interesting enough that they can have stories that don't need Spider-Man. But it's like setting up a "Dr Doom" movie without the Fantastic Four. Great character to be explored with a lot of interesting ways you could tell a story involving him. But at the end of the day, his life pretty much revolves around Reed Richards "ruining his life" and the events that have transpired as a result.

So I DO think we are going to get a S6 movie. But I think it is absolutely going to depend on the reception of the R Rated Venom movie. And I have very little hope for that, even with Tom Hardy signed on. For the same reason as Doom, Venom/Eddie Brock's character can have interesting self contained adventures, but they are all a result of this specific point of the Symbiote choosing Eddie after being rejected by Peter.

Even if, throughout the years, they've given Eddie more depth than "angry douce faux-photographer" before becoming Venom, it still is the relationship between him, this suit, and the person it truly wants(Peter) that drives the character.

If the glorious cinema gods are bountiful and give Marvel all of Spidey's film control, then sign me the fuck up for S6.

I'd see the group looking like
    -Scorpion
    -Vulture
    -Mysterio
    -Kraven
    -Octavius
    -Sandman/Rhino

Scorpion is a given. His "friends" that have scores to settle with Spider-Man would likely be Sandman or Rhino. I listed them as I did because from Marvel's perspective, I'm sure they wanna distance themselves as much as they can from Sony's movies. But obviously not at the expense of most of the S6's usual suspects. I wouldn't see them using Electro at all since he was the "main" villain of TASM2 which killed their franchise. It would then make sense for one, or both of the two to undergo experiments to become strong enough to fight Spidey. Whether this is Sandman, Rhino, or both.

Otto would likely be the ringleader of this, and the one giving the upgrades to his new teammates. I'm sure that Marvel is going to want a radically different Octopus from the one they had in SM2. It's great in it's own separate way, but it both deviates a bit from the comic character and wouldn't fit into the take for the S6. So I see him either being a bit more outright nefarious, or slowly being pushed into it by working for someone like Norma Osborn. Scorpion and his friends would agree to help Octavius and listen to him in return for their weapons/powers.

I can see Vulture returning both for getting to use Michael Keaton again(to quote MasakoX, "MARKETING!"), and because he would play a different role from the rest of the villains. Yes, he was a criminal that encountered Spider-Man and went to jail for it. But as we saw, Toomes rationalized that what he was doing wasn't the worst, because people like Tony Stark would always be around to take from people like him. His intentions may have been almost "robin hood" like in a sense, but he got carried away. He let the easy money he was getting cloud his judgement. He had no problem putting high grade weapons into gang bangers hand's, and using that money to have a huge house in Queens. By the end of the film, he decides not to reveal Peter's identity as he saved his life. However, that doesn't resolve the years of clouded rational he had. He's shown to be a man of honor by giving Peter chance to act like he didn't know anything and move on with his life. I'm sure he honestly didn't want to jump right to killing a 15 year old, powers or not. But at the end of the day, he was more than willing to kill a kid to make more money, even if it was to give his family a good life.

I see Toomes being busted out of prison, taken along and given an upgraded suit by Octavius. He would decline, but be pressured into it by threat of his family. While not his main choice, he wouldn't have too much of a problem getting revenge on Peter and giving him a good beat down. However, I don't think he would still kill him after the ending of Homecoming. And certainly not unmask him or try to get revenge that way.

He doesn't like Peter, or agree with his choices and position. But I think he respects him enough for saving him and his daughter that he wouldn't deal a finishing blow if it came down to it. He may even stop someone else who would.

Mysterio.....I really wanna see the MCU handle Mysterio. He's such a fun villain that it will be a pain to not get him in one of these movies soon. So I honestly am hoping they use him in the sequel to Homecoming. I'm not gonna bother theorizing on him, I just want them to use him as a villain for a full on, Spider-man centered story and let him join up with the S6 for revenge, plain and simple.

Same for Kraven, for the most part. Such a great villain, super fun with a lot of interesting ways you could take his character. I could see him being introduced in a S6 movie directly, with him being brought into the fold with the promise of getting to hunt the best creature of all, the Amazing Spider-Man. I think they could establish him as this A-hole, alpha male, hunter type that doesn't really care for morality, just the thrill of the hunt. His cockiness to be the one to take Spidey's head would jeopardize any plan the S6 have(assuming they don't just decide to go one-at-a-time like they often do), leading to their inevitable defeat and cementing his grudge against Spider-Man. I think it's a bit more believable that he would be a hired-gun to kill Spidey, rather than just a guy that looks at all of these super-powered people in the MCU and targets Spider-Man. Given Kraven's character and the current MCU characters, it would be more in character for him to choose to hunt someone like Luke Cage, with unbreakable skin, rather than Spider-Man. So I think having him be hired specifically to hunt Spider-Man would be a better way to ease him into the Rogues Galley.
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

lol at making a spiderman universe with no spider man

I love your reasoning for why certain members should join, i agree that both scorpion and vulture are no brainers, but I'm really looking forward to see how the movies update all these old characters designs too! I mean I thought the vulture costume design for homecoming was just absolutely amazing, so much better than the comic book version but didn't lose what made him special, so i can't wait to see what they do with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    lol at making a spiderman universe with no spider man

I love your reasoning for why certain members should join, i agree that both scorpion and vulture are no brainers, but I'm really looking forward to see how the movies update all these old characters designs too! I mean I thought the vulture costume design for homecoming was just absolutely amazing, so much better than the comic book version but didn't lose what made him special, so i can't wait to see what they do with the rest
    Wait, so you DON'T want Kraven to have tiger eye nipple lasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Wait, so you DON'T want Kraven to have tiger eye nipple lasers?
    No, No, No, I could never ruin that, I meant everyone but Kraven of course

Kraven gets bit by a genetically engineered Drax, resulting in him having very sensitive nipples.

New Mutants Trailer.

Was not expecting that.

NNID: jervinnectar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information