+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 461 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

Default Re: The Avengers Movie

And when they're done bitching about the movies, they start ranting about how the comics these days suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    That is the truth. Hell, there are die-hard fans who are still complaining that Samuel L. Jackson is playing Nick Fury.

"I WANT THE ORIGINAL, CLASSIC FURY! NOT THE ULTIMATES' FURY! BOO THIS, MAN!!"
    Make a character more relevant than he's ever been in his entire history and all hell breaks loose.

Could be good, we'll see what happens. I more want to see what direction the movies go in post-Avengers with this being the last of the Paramount deal but at least we're at the climax of everything that's been around since Iron Man.

Heck, at least we had Tony make a stab at Thor in the trailer.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I can't be the only who thinks that Thanos would be a good villain for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I can't be the only who thinks that Thanos would be a good villain for this.
    Thanos is one of the Villains in this movie.

You got the Cosmic Cube which Loki is gonna be after and so will Thanos I'm assuming since they said he will appear.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183788p1.html

Some promo art for the movie.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

That is the truth. Hell, there are die-hard fans who are still complaining that Samuel L. Jackson is playing Nick Fury.

"I WANT THE ORIGINAL, CLASSIC FURY! NOT THE ULTIMATES' FURY! BOO THIS, MAN!!"
    I don't hate the movies, but I still think a bald nick fury looks stupid. This Nick Fury doesn't look like he's capable of doing anything other than giving orders IMO.

I wonder if they'll have fury bots in this movie, I would laugh hard if we get several "death" scenes only to find out it's not really him. I'm also praying for a Black Panther cameo, and some Captain America speeches. Hopefully they don't let Tony take the spotlight.

Oh.. and those Posters connect BTW... it goes Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Fury and tools #1 and #2.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

didn't watch trailer yet, but is the actors the same as their solo movies?

you know same actor playing iron man, captain america, hulk, thor, ect as their most recent hollywood movies had?

Everyone except for Bruce Banner is played by the same person who played them in their respective movies. Banner is played by Mark Ruffalo instead of Edward Norton, for some undisclosed reason.

It's not really a spoiler anymore
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    Everyone except for Bruce Banner is played by the same person who played them in their respective movies. Banner is played by Mark Ruffalo instead of Edward Norton, for some undisclosed reason.
    Because Edward Norton acted like a diva throughout the entirety of TIH's filming and wanted to rewrite almost every scene. Sure it made that film better, but also caused more headaches for the filmmakers than neccesary.

Ruffalo is a good actor, so he'll be a fine Banner.

Who's the dude with the bow and arrow in the trailer?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at the roster again.

EDIT2: My god. I just found this...
    Last edited by Sniper King; July 25th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

I think what's so incredible about that poster is that it's a painting. I can only imagine how long and painful that was.

Cap's point makes me laugh.

Yeah... I think his mouth should've been open for that. It just looks silly.

Suit looks amazing though, I just don't like the blue pouches...

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    Thanos is one of the Villains in this movie.

You got the Cosmic Cube which Loki is gonna be after and so will Thanos I'm assuming since they said he will appear.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183788p1.html

Some promo art for the movie.
    Oh, so it's Loki and Thanos? Heard it was going to be the Skrulls. Well, they are kind of blah, so I can't complain there.

I could careless about Norton not playing Banner. He's a great actor!....but if he's causing problems then it's not worth it. Especially when we want to see more Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I'm also expecting
    Spoiler:
    Red Skull to make an appearance. Based on the fact that he was "jetted" into space by the Cosmic Cube.

I'm also expecting
    Spoiler:
    Red Skull to make an appearance. Based on the fact that he was "jetted" into space by the Cosmic Cube.
    Spoiler:
    Well from what we've heard apparently Loki has "Learned a few things" from experiencing the same thing. I wonder if the two of them will join forces perhaps? We know Loki will at least be one antagonist, hopefully he'll manipulate the Hulk a bit, but I could see Red Skull teaming with Loki
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Mmmm, Hawkeye, you are lookin' fine in that poster. >D

Even if we don't see Ant Man or Wasp in the movie, I'm at least hoping for a cameo by Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in some capacity. Be a fine way to introduce them for an Avengers sequel (dammit, I wanna see Giant!Hank and Teeny!Jan laying the smackdown on someone!)

I'd rather have no Hank Pym then the one that flips out on Wasp we get in shit like the "Ultimate Avengers" animated movie. If he's handled like in Earth's mightiest heroes I'll eagerly anticipate him in a sequel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information