+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Default Re: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Wow Silverblade, that's beautiful!

A collab comic sounds swell, maybe we could reserve some pages in the back to make it there.

And, yeah, rather not have lines in the book. Too bad Nami :< I'll go look for a book tomorrow, this time for real haha.

And Alina, you're in! I'd edit the map but I'll ruin Silverblade's work :< So ehm could you do it (Silverblade)? A number 10 for Alina who lives in Moscow (right?).

Shipmate

Thanks, and sure, as soon as I get to my laptop, I will edit it.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

This idea is crazy to the max.

Has it already begun?

I could be in it too at least once, Sweden haven't been covered yet I see.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Lovely, I'll add you to the list!
    I don't know if the book will go around more than once, it'll depend on if more people want in or not I suppose.

I got the impression with the USA one that they just kept sending it around until the book was full, that was you can see how people improve too. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Yeah pretty much. But interest dropped off when people were keeping to for too long.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Which is why we need the one month rule. So I say, if everyone has already drawn in it once, we can just keep sending it around so everyone can look at it again and maybe draw some more if they want to. Should more participants sign up in the meantime, they can let it know here and whoever has the Sketchbook then, can send it to them. Something like that.

Sounds good to me :)
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

Shipmate

Any sketchbook searching updates?

Spoiler:

Oi, you keep messing up my order! I mean thanks for your work ^^

I still haven't found a Sketchbook yet... did some stores today I thought that would have something, but all they had were agendas and other useless stuff. So no luck yet.
    Keep recruiting folks!

By the way guys, would you rather have the book be size A4 or A5? A4 would have more room to draw etc, but A5 would be more convenient (and cheap) to send around.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

A5 A5! Weoeoeoeo. <3
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

You make a very valid argument, Sonic.

Anyways I checked another store today and they had tons of notebooks, all lined of course :/. It's like the world doesn't want people to draw anymore.
    There was one book though, but it didn't quite fit the description. Positive: it was A5, with white pages, and it was silver :3. Negative: the pages where really thin - not drawing paper - and it was a hard-cover book, no ring bind.
    But I'll probably check some other stores, I know a few that probably have what we're looking for but they're in another city, so I have to get there some time then :p
    I hope no one's getting impatient yet.

^
    I could try to check if I can find a notebook from work and borrow one. I usually just take pens from the storage because they always seem to break/ get lost somewhere so I'm not sure if there is a notebook that fits the description but I remember seeing ones with swirly back and hard cover. Don't know if they have lines but I've seen big ones without lines so I suppose there could be small ones too.

A5 works for me :3 I usually draw small anyway~ And now there's an excuse not to draw a background!....I mean....what a shame it didn't fit

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedWard View Post
    A5 works for me :3 I usually draw small anyway~ And now there's an excuse not to draw a background!....I mean....what a shame it didn't fit
    So I'm not the only one with background problems.

God no xD Props and furniture is fine as long as a character is using it/sitting on it. Otherwise it's a pointless pain in the ass >:3

Ha, another person with background problems reports in. But with me the problem usually is that I draw the "main stuff" at first and after that I'm always like "ooo, there is this much space left", and then I end up adding stuff - too friggin small and detailed stuff which eventually makes me frustrated and when I'm like that stuff breaks down... really it does...

Pssht, these days you can even create a top-selling manga without drawing backgrounds.

Alright creepy (can I call you that?), it would be convenient if you found a good notebook there but I'll still keep looking (in all the wrong places :D).

By the way, am I the only one who has no idea yet what they're going to draw in the book? D:

^ no worries, creepy works just fine ~

By the way, I went shopping today and I decided to just check for fun if I can find notebook without lines/squares. I thought it'd be like a mission impossible because you guys have had so hard time to find a decent one, but guess what, I frigging found it, over ten different ones (And I only checked like four stores!). Most of them were A4 size, but there was also some A5 ones. Most of them cost something between 8 and 10 euros but I also found a cheap one - it was only 4.90, and it had a really hard cover as well as lot more pages than most of the others, and the pages were thicker than in the other notebooks. I didn't buy it yet since I'm going to the city center tomorrow, too and there are some stores I still want to check, but If I cant find anything absolutely super I guess I could buy that one and then check it even more closely and scan some pics here so that I can have your opinions too

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information