+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Default Re: Traveling Sketchbook - Europe edition

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    If we buy paper dense enough, 120-150 g/m^2 (printing paper is 80-100 g/m^2), that won't be a problem.

http://www.artifolk.co.uk/images/products/9211x300.jpg
    Hm, I know those. Though they would be good for different people to draw on them, I'm afraid it'll wear out easily, get all messy and torn and pages getting loose etc.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

It should also go without saying but: No messing with others' drawings.

Also, the page format shown could possibly pencil lead smudge from one image to the other, damaging the art. In the US book, we took a front & back approach, except for when people inked their drawings then it was 2 pages on the fronts of 2 pages. I can see how that would lessen the total amount of available drawing space, but seeing how ownership dropped off significantly, I don't think it's currently an issue.

You may want to have a stricter schedule of how long people have the book for. I'm sure people holding on to it for a month or 2 or 3 didn't help the interest in it.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    It should also go without saying but: No messing with others' drawings.

Also, the page format shown could possibly pencil lead smudge from one image to the other, damaging the art. In the US book, we took a front & back approach, except for when people inked their drawings then it was 2 pages on the fronts of 2 pages. I can see how that would lessen the total amount of available drawing space, but seeing how ownership dropped off significantly, I don't think it's currently an issue.

You may want to have a stricter schedule of how long people have the book for. I'm sure people holding on to it for a month or 2 or 3 didn't help the interest in it.
    Ah, thanks for your advice. What kind of sketchbook did you use?

One with a spiral spine instead of a bound spine. It makes it easier to draw on the backs of things, and also easy to scan.

Everyone should scan their work and upload to the site so that everyone might appreciate the art!
    [

That's a good idea. So actually one like Silverblade posted?

I also recommend a hard cover.
    [

D:< I'm not getting notifications from this thread *resubscribes*

Yeah what were the rules the US book had? I don't think we'd break them anyway, but I'd like to know just incase~

Also for our first page we could do the intro then use the second (and every page after that when it's our turn) to do the actual art? Just a thought~
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

An intro, eh? Sounds like a good idea.
    We could write the rules on the first page, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    An intro, eh? Sounds like a good idea.
    We could write the rules on the first page, too?
    Depending on the type of book we get, we could write them on the inside front cover~

And how did the last game decorate the cover of their books? We could stick images of participating country flags on?

(I just read the list of countries in the first post and thought of Hetalia -.-' Too...much....awesome)
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

Well we could get one that has a hard cover and ring spine. Are you folks okay with me starting it? I'll look around here and there to see if I can find anything that could work.

Also, the South is being awfully quiet. Any Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, Greeks... out there? The Sketchbook has to catch a little sun from time to time too.

*checks list again* So I'll be sending it on to Lise? Sweet. I already know where she lives

Ah, the list is just in order of signing up. It'll probably change, the goal is to figure out the shortest route between all participants.

Ah right, I just kinda assumed anyway since we're close.

(Read: My geography is appauling for a Hetalia fan)

hm, I can understand if Ice wants to start it.

But I have an offer to make. I work in a fancy gifts store and get 15% off. We often have nice sketchbooks. I could look around for a good one that matches our criterias. Ice could still start, I would just send it to her empty and then she can decorate it with the rules and whatnot.
    How does that sound? :)

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

That sounds nice Nami, though the sketchbook really doesn't have to be anything fancy (it's the inside that counts ;)). I'm thankful for your offer but maybe it would be a bit unnecessary trouble to go sending it around if I can just find a basic one here too. But if you really insist on it, that's fine .

About the order: I went and made a little map and put it in the first post. Again, the numbers are NOT the order; I just gave everyone a number because the names were too long to put on the map. So everyone has a set number. For the people whose location I had, I put the number on the right place, though for others I just put them in the middle of the country they live in. So if you see your number and you live like all the way on the other side, let me know and I'll adjust it :p.
    So looking at the map, and if we would start with me, I thought of the following order: 1 - 5 - 6 - 2 - 7 - 3 - 4 - 8. Which means me to charmed, to Elisabeth, to Nami, to Nolus, to Aru, to Silverblade, to creeperqueen. And then we need to find ourselves a Swede or a Dane who creeperqueen can send the book to :p.

I'm so excited about this!
    This is all I can write now.

And of course, thanks for putting thing together Iceburg! It's greatly appreciated!

My pleasure, I'm rather psyched about this myself haha.
    By the way, if anyone here knows any other European users who could be talked into participating, bring 'em here! It would be good if we had as much participants as possible before we actually start sending it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    My pleasure, I'm rather psyched about this myself haha.
    By the way, if anyone here knows any other European users who could be talked into participating, bring 'em here! It would be good if we had as much participants as possible before we actually start sending it around.
    I think I can convince my moustache

Edit: I can't wait to draw T-Bone, Doberman and the giants in there. It'll be an awesome feeling, I bet!
    Last edited by Nolus; July 30th, 2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: This post makes no sense and is useless. Brought to you by me.

I am SO in. 8D I was thinking of starting a thread for this for quite a while but never actually did it. xD I am such a lazy bum.

I say give a week or two to gather participants, write the rules, then arrange the final order and start the adventure!!!
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Nolus is in on this? Wicked~ >:3 I hope to see many mustaches!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information