+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63
Results 1,241 to 1,255 of 1255

Thread: Capcom Thread - A Giant Woman

  1. #1241

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    I wouldn't call something out of Bram Stoker a fairy tale.

  2. #1242

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Grimmís Fairy Tales?

    Though for what itís worth the original RE4 was going to incorporate supernatural elements before it became what it ultimately turned into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #1243

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Vampires, trolls, werewolves, witches etc fall under what i would like to refer to as folklore or fairy tale caracters. And i'm sure a lot of people like it, but for me that is something different from what i want when i play RE. I want (fairly) grounded viral outbreak punctuated with some eccentricity, not the lord and lady of vampire nazi zombie werewolves

  4. #1244

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    I kind of like that there branching out

    But the question is, after this game what is next? I mean they kind of blew there load, it seems like they did Vampires, Witches, Werewolves and Trolls all in one game and they already did zombies..... so what’s next?

    What other horror monsters are there?

  5. #1245
    Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    It ain't Texas, nope, not Texas.

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Vampires, trolls, werewolves, witches etc fall under what i would like to refer to as folklore or fairy tale caracters. And i'm sure a lot of people like it, but for me that is something different from what i want when i play RE. I want (fairly) grounded viral outbreak punctuated with some eccentricity, not the lord and lady of vampire nazi zombie werewolves
    Spoiler:
    Well don't gotta worry about that cause it's pretty much still bioweapon territory, just an expansion on the Molded in 7. The villain of this one experimented with different creatures using it and got some...odd results to say the least. The whole monster mash thing is pretty much window dressing by the end of the game. I get the feeling when they do 9 were gonna do the outbreak thing again.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.


  6. #1246

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Has anyone played Resident Evil Village? Is it any good?
    I just beat the first boss, so I'll give my two cents of what I played (playing on the regular PS4). I love the setting, always a sucker for snowy mountainous areas. Unlike RE7 were once you got into the proper area for exploring enemies would be in each new area to explore right away, this one can have longer sections where nothing is going on. Early on you have to survive a mob reminiscent of the early part of RE4, but after that it's pretty light on combat and more about exploration, which I don't mind at all. The places you go to and the situations you are put into can be fun and intense at times. Overall I am enjoying the game.

    That said, there are a few things that stick out. First of all, defending is really OP. In one on one encounters even with the screen completely red I would survive multiple attacks when having my guard up. It trivialized those encounters as instead of worrying about healing, I could just keep my guard up, wait for the enemy to attack, then in their recovery phase shoot them in the head. Rinse and repeat until they died. There are a certain group of enemies that are so bad at attacking it makes it too easy to use the knife to take them out as well. I can tell that this isn't as much a survival horror game, but making enemies too easy to knife to death and keep a healthy stock of ammo takes away some tension. I didn't die to the first boss since I never used Shot Gun ammo and had well over 50 hand gun ammo going into the fight.

    The bigger one that sticks out to me is making all items for crafting not take up regular inventory space, and can seemingly hold unlimited amount. Perhaps there's a limit but in my entire play time so far I have yet to craft and have so much craft materials. Making it not something that takes up inventory space takes away any need for inventory management which all other previous games had. Why craft ammo or healing items right away when I can hoard materials to not take up space and craft what I need when the moment arises. I was thinking perhaps during bosses they would not allow you to craft, but you can.

    For a game in a franchise about conserving your resources and managing your inventory, I'm baffled by these decisions. I'm still enjoying the game immensely, but it definitely makes it weaker compared to some of the other games due to this for me.

    Also, for anybody interested the game plays and runs fine on the PS4. Can look a little grainy, but overall the game still looks beautiful even on the base PS4. Though I'm usually not a stickler for graphics so it may look a lot worse to others.

  7. #1247

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post



    The bigger one that sticks out to me is making all items for crafting not take up regular inventory space, and can seemingly hold unlimited amount. Perhaps there's a limit but in my entire play time so far I have yet to craft and have so much craft materials. Making it not something that takes up inventory space takes away any need for inventory management which all other previous games had. Why craft ammo or healing items right away when I can hoard materials to not take up space and craft what I need when the moment arises. I was thinking perhaps during bosses they would not allow you to craft, but you can.

    For a game in a franchise about conserving your resources and managing your inventory, I'm baffled by these decisions. I'm still enjoying the game immensely, but it definitely makes it weaker compared to some of the other games due to this for me.
    Well to be fair the earlier games did let you craft health and ammo items in the middle of battle as the developers weren’t that obnoxious and cruel. And depriving/starving you would depend on things like difficulty......or some other bullshit like Zero dumb as hell “drop your gear here” pick it up later mechanic”.

    What I want to know eventually from anyone whose played deep into the game is does the game retain the whole “unstoppable enemy chases you constantly” bullshit cause that took me right out of the 7th game and it was a bit sobering to learn this is pretty much where the bullshit with Mr.X in RE2Remake came from (which yes I know he did in the original version, except that was exclusively kept to certain scenarios on both routes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  8. #1248

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well don't gotta worry about that cause it's pretty much still bioweapon territory, just an expansion on the Molded in 7. The villain of this one experimented with different creatures using it and got some...odd results to say the least. The whole monster mash thing is pretty much window dressing by the end of the game. I get the feeling when they do 9 were gonna do the outbreak thing again.
    Oh i have already been spoiled on that. Once i realized that this game would never appeal to me i just looked that up

  9. #1249
    Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    It ain't Texas, nope, not Texas.

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well to be fair the earlier games did let you craft health and ammo items in the middle of battle as the developers weren’t that obnoxious and cruel. And depriving/starving you would depend on things like difficulty......or some other bullshit like Zero dumb as hell “drop your gear here” pick it up later mechanic”.

    What I want to know eventually from anyone whose played deep into the game is does the game retain the whole “unstoppable enemy chases you constantly” bullshit cause that took me right out of the 7th game and it was a bit sobering to learn this is pretty much where the bullshit with Mr.X in RE2Remake came from (which yes I know he did in the original version, except that was exclusively kept to certain scenarios on both routes).
    Eh a couple of no-gear or "don't have the right equipment at the moment" sections here and there. It's not constant just each area has their own specialties and they're pretty short.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.


  10. #1250

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Eh a couple of no-gear or "don't have the right equipment at the moment" sections here and there. It's not constant just each area has their own specialties and they're pretty short.
    That's a relief .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  11. #1251

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well to be fair the earlier games did let you craft health and ammo items in the middle of battle as the developers weren’t that obnoxious and cruel. And depriving/starving you would depend on things like difficulty......or some other bullshit like Zero dumb as hell “drop your gear here” pick it up later mechanic”.

    What I want to know eventually from anyone whose played deep into the game is does the game retain the whole “unstoppable enemy chases you constantly” bullshit cause that took me right out of the 7th game and it was a bit sobering to learn this is pretty much where the bullshit with Mr.X in RE2Remake came from (which yes I know he did in the original version, except that was exclusively kept to certain scenarios on both routes).
    In the other games though the materials took up valuable inventory space, so being able to craft at any time didn't take anything away. When the materials take up no space, it just makes it an easy way to hoard as much as possible and just craft stuff at any moment. So for example, in RE7 or RE 2 and 3 remake, I would have to decide before hand what to craft before a fight, or go in with certain materials then decide what to use. In this game I have all the crafting materials at all times, so at any moment I can craft let's say 100 hand gun ammo anytime I want with no need to guess or take up that space to limit what I can make when going into a fight or situation.

  12. #1252

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - It's Better Than Better Than Nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    I just beat the first boss, so I'll give my two cents of what I played (playing on the regular PS4). I love the setting, always a sucker for snowy mountainous areas. Unlike RE7 were once you got into the proper area for exploring enemies would be in each new area to explore right away, this one can have longer sections where nothing is going on. Early on you have to survive a mob reminiscent of the early part of RE4, but after that it's pretty light on combat and more about exploration, which I don't mind at all. The places you go to and the situations you are put into can be fun and intense at times. Overall I am enjoying the game.

    That said, there are a few things that stick out. First of all, defending is really OP. In one on one encounters even with the screen completely red I would survive multiple attacks when having my guard up. It trivialized those encounters as instead of worrying about healing, I could just keep my guard up, wait for the enemy to attack, then in their recovery phase shoot them in the head. Rinse and repeat until they died. There are a certain group of enemies that are so bad at attacking it makes it too easy to use the knife to take them out as well. I can tell that this isn't as much a survival horror game, but making enemies too easy to knife to death and keep a healthy stock of ammo takes away some tension. I didn't die to the first boss since I never used Shot Gun ammo and had well over 50 hand gun ammo going into the fight.

    The bigger one that sticks out to me is making all items for crafting not take up regular inventory space, and can seemingly hold unlimited amount. Perhaps there's a limit but in my entire play time so far I have yet to craft and have so much craft materials. Making it not something that takes up inventory space takes away any need for inventory management which all other previous games had. Why craft ammo or healing items right away when I can hoard materials to not take up space and craft what I need when the moment arises. I was thinking perhaps during bosses they would not allow you to craft, but you can.

    For a game in a franchise about conserving your resources and managing your inventory, I'm baffled by these decisions. I'm still enjoying the game immensely, but it definitely makes it weaker compared to some of the other games due to this for me.

    Also, for anybody interested the game plays and runs fine on the PS4. Can look a little grainy, but overall the game still looks beautiful even on the base PS4. Though I'm usually not a stickler for graphics so it may look a lot worse to others.
    Thank You for the reply! I haven't played a resident evil game since RE 4 so I'm pretty excited about trying it, but I still have a bunch of games that I haven't even started yet so it will probs be a while from now

    another game I'm super interested in but probably not going to buy for a while is Bio Mutant, a world with Kung Fu Gerbils that use guns and giant mechs just screams awesome to me

  13. #1253

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - A Giant Woman


  14. #1254

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - A Giant Woman

    Anyone watched Infinite Darkness?
    I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty cool, the animation was fluid and characters look gorgeous.

  15. #1255
    The Eater of Worlds Pennywise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Capcom Thread - A Giant Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Anyone watched Infinite Darkness?
    I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty cool, the animation was fluid and characters look gorgeous.
    I'm 2 episodes in and wholeheartedly agree! Granted it's not reinventing the wheel in regards to anything, but everything's done pretty damn well so far.

    Edit: Actually just finished it and I stand corrected. The whole thing fell apart so hard in the last 2 episodes it's hilarious. Like RE:6 levels of messy plot. Animation is still gorgeous, though!
    Last edited by Pennywise; July 11th, 2021 at 07:55 AM.
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts