Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL RAW Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Carly
    ... O_o

I second this, really.

Hmm.. any word on a New Ending? I'm getting bored of Eternal Pose..
    "I still think you are on the run or something.
    You just look like a different person, in a new place, with a new name in every picture." - Hiroy

ADD ME ON One Piece Treasure Cruise : GLOBAL: 782,244,354 (RAY/BOA/WB/SW SHANKS/SABO)

The episode wont play on my computer... -_-... I hate the fact that I'm forced to use a man
    I wish I could play episodes on my man, that would be interesting.

No new closing yet. But Eternal Pose has only been going for what, 13 episodes? It could be a new one next week, or it could keep going for another 10 episodes or so.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

It's been going for twelve, I think. I dunno when endings usually switch - I know during Skypiea they just kinda flew through 'em like hotcakes, but I think that was because Skypiea isn't exactly the most popular part of OP and they needed to keep fresh interest :laugh: Water Seven is totally exciting and I think the endings are gonna stay a bit longer again. Maybe four or five more episodes for Eternal Pose ? Kokoro no Chizu will probably be switched soon too.

I still like Eternal Pose pretty well though but I miss Mirai Koukai. xD [/takitsuba dork] I just hope the new ending - whatever it is - isn't another bloody punk rock song. Can't stand those =_=

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hope they'll do something a sort of melancholy and angsty. It seems like it would fit with what's going on. And I hope there's some nice animation too. Seeing the time shift is kind of cool, but it's boring after 1 viewing.

Just watched ep 244 and the new splashes! Wow! Sera already posted some screenshots over here: http://ap.animemedia.org/showthread....212#post126212

The episode itself was well done. I liked the extra stuff between Franky and Usopp. They showed bits of the upcoming flashbacks from Toms Workers and the meeting between Franky and Iceburg. Kind wierd but I guess as usual they just assume we've already read the manga.

Toei seems to be trying some interesting "camera" angles and transitions/cuts. Some of em work--like the shot from underneath the floor--but some of 'em don't (243's crazy fisheye lens aka bad trip effect and this week they basically took one short clip and brought it on screen as a drop down quite slowly).

All and all, the anime is better than ever, and this episode leaves off on one of the most exciting scenes of early Water 7, where they break in on CP9 and Iceburg!

Can't wait for next ep! XD

Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs
    They showed bits of the upcoming flashbacks from Toms Workers and the meeting between Franky and Iceburg. Kind wierd but I guess as usual they just assume we've already read the manga.
    Was that in the preview for next week, or was it actually in the episode? If it was in the episode, I find that really wierd.

Also, I always have to ask, where does this episode end in the manga?

It finishes at the end of chapter 346! Whoa! It was only one chapter long! Didn't realize till I looked back through. I guess that's why they threw in the flashbacks and the Franky/Usopp exchange. Pretty impressive to stretch one chapter out like that. I guess Lucchi does blab a lot though.

244's out on Saiyaman. Yay!

Really? I could have sworn by the way people were talking about the 243 that it ended at the end of chapter 346, unless people were talking about the previews. I haven't downloaded the raws for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime_Rachiru
    The episode wont play on my computer... -_-... I hate the fact that I'm forced to use a man
    I'm gonna guess that you mean a mac? XD I've been thinking of getting one for when I leave for college, but I've heard so many mixed reviews on it ... and I'll just end this train of thought before I ramble.

I think a new closing will be introduced after Luffy & co. have left for Enies Lobby - when everyone gets their new clothes. Or, that might be two ending songs away depending how many episodes it'll take to get to that part...

To anyone willing to be kind. I am at school. My school server blocks BT and that shit. So I can't download. If someone wants to upload the 244 HDTV Saiyaman raw to yousendit.com for me, that would be great. Just im me the link on AIM, sn is EvilGamerX (duh), leave a message if I'm away. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed
    I'm gonna guess that you mean a mac? XD I've been thinking of getting one for when I leave for college, but I've heard so many mixed reviews on it ... and I'll just end this train of thought before I ramble.

I think a new closing will be introduced after Luffy & co. have left for Enies Lobby - when everyone gets their new clothes. Or, that might be two ending songs away depending how many episodes it'll take to get to that part...
    Yeah, Saiyaman's encodes haven't worked for awhile now since he switched the video codec he used. Maplesnow's version works, but you gotta bear with the Chinese subtitles. Which really aren't that bad at all if you're just getting it to watch and not stocking up on RAWs for AMVs or anything, like I
    was doing before Saiyaman's stopped playing right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurlock
    Yeah, Saiyaman's encodes haven't worked for awhile now since he switched the video codec he used. Maplesnow's version works, but you gotta bear with the Chinese subtitles. Which really aren't that bad at all if you're just getting it to watch and not stocking up on RAWs for AMVs or anything, like I
    was doing before Saiyaman's stopped playing right.
    Hoho, don't I know it. It sucks because for some reason BT only works on my Mac, so I have to download the raws to it and then burn them to a CD-RW or something so I can watch them on my PC. x_X. It's pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX
    To anyone willing to be kind. I am at school. My school server blocks BT and that shit. So I can't download. If someone wants to upload the 244 HDTV Saiyaman raw to yousendit.com for me, that would be great. Just im me the link on AIM, sn is EvilGamerX (duh), leave a message if I'm away. Thanks in advance.
    I´m really sorry if I jump on the waggon but if anybody really uploads that at yousendit.com it would be cool I would get a link to the download too, since I just can´t download Torrent files. It just doesn´t work. So if possible, then just let me know via PM. Sorry EGX for jumping the waggon.

Wow. They're really kicking out the awesome episodes. 244 rocked unforgivingly. The animation was once again really great, though not quite as fantastic as last week. Next week looks promising too. The whole dialogue with Iceburg, intertwined with flashbacks from the upcoming backstory was executed fantastically. The added Franky content was really nice too. Besides that, it's more Cocoro and Chimney! God I love those two.

And to top it all off, two new eye-catches.

Kickass.

Well episode 244 had good and bad moments. The bad moments that disappointed me were the overusage of flashback material when Lucci has been drawing his conclusions. At first it was great seeing rough images of Tom and Iceburg working on the Rocket Man etc but when the flashback reached the point that you clearly could make Cocoro out it was too much for me. It was giving too much away at a time where it wasn´t needed. The Franky/Cutty Flam revelation already was enough. And speaking of it, the scene where he came to Galley-La shouldn´t have been there too, plus it ruined a DON scene. In the manga Lucci draws his conslusion builts the tension up and you still are cluesless until you see Franky´s face and name. That was a DON scene.

But in the anime seeing Flam´s legs, arms and shirt already gave it away so it didn´t make an impact anymore when the true identity got revealed. And I wouldn´t have revealed it with the flashback anyway. Actually it would have been much better to just see Franky´s face laughing at Usopp while we hear Lucci´s voice in the background makeing that revelation. To me this is better storytelling then how Toei did it here. But then again it´s just me.

However what they did good was the pulse thing and special props for the entire scene how the protagonists were heading for Iceburgs room. That was done very well IMO and couldn´t have been done better. Even the additional footage where Nami and Chopper began to run slower so that Zoro heads forward first was funny and not out of character. It is really strange how Toei can sometimes include their own stuff that extends the manga story without ruin it like here while in other situations they totally ruin everything like they did with the flashbacks.

On a side note, the entire scene with Franky watching and approaching Going Merry and Usopp was also done very well. Truly amazing this two sides of Toei´s creative freedom.

It'd be nice if someone would help me out :glare:

Sorry EGX, I don't even have the episode yet myself.

At first it was great seeing rough images of Tom and Iceburg working on the Rocket Man etc but when the flashback reached the point that you clearly could make Cocoro out it was too much for me. It was giving too much away at a time where it wasn´t needed. The Franky/Cutty Flam revelation already was enough. And speaking of it, the scene where he came to Galley-La shouldn´t have been there too, plus it ruined a DON scene. In the manga Lucci draws his conslusion builts the tension up and you still are cluesless until you see Franky´s face and name. That was a DON scene.
    I was really afraid of something like that happening. It's a shame. I hate it when the anime spoils surprises. At least they didn't do that to CP9.

I completely agree, Ivotas. It was quite disappointing that before Lucci gets to "Cutty Flam" you see Franky's bare feet walking around in the "flashback." But they are starting to do the anime well: the direction was excellent for the most part, and they managed to basically only use one chapter. Usopp and Franky meeting was one of those things you wish were in the manga, because they're so cool. And nice shot of Mos. XD

Other thoughts:
    - Tom is mustard?
    - That striped shirt Franky guy was a bit outta place

EGX, when I finish uploading it, I'll make sure to get it to you somehow.

Thread Information