+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

Default Re: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

Quote Originally Posted by Caroll View Post
    so it's true... ? ._.
    No its not true I read the manga and that is currently in full swing

Great episode definately one of my favourites, but now the flashback is over the absence of Ace in One Piece is sooo sad

tatermoog, dear, behave yourself to our newest members.

@Caroll--No dear, its not true. One Piece is currently the top selling manga in Japan, outselling every other title and breaking records with virtually every new volume. The anime is a good year or more behind the manga in terms of storyline. As well, the sales for collectibles as well as the translations of the volumes and video versions of dubs of the anime episodes are providing many a factory worker, transporter, retailer and internet salesperson with much appreciated enrichment. There is no way that anyone involved with this cash cow is going to let it die an earlier death than it needs to. Oda (the author and artist of the actual manga) has said he is only about half way through the story as he envisions it, and thus far, every time he makes any sort of statement about the potential length of the thing, it changes and grows exponentially, much to everyone involved's great satisfaction. There may indeed be the occasional break here and there, but otherwise there is simply no way this anime will be ending any time this coming February (certainly not the 31st of February, lol) unless someone with the power to make such decisions is mentally unwell.

May I ask where you heard such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post

@Caroll--No dear, its not true. One Piece is currently the top selling manga in Japan, outselling every other title and breaking records with virtually every new volume. The anime is a good year or more behind the manga in terms of storyline. As well, the sales for collectibles as well as the translations of the volumes and video versions of dubs of the anime episodes are providing many a factory worker, transporter, retailer and internet salesperson with much appreciated enrichment. There is no way that anyone involved with this cash cow is going to let it die an earlier death than it needs to. Oda (the author and artist of the actual manga) has said he is only about half way through the story as he envisions it, and thus far, every time he makes any sort of statement about the potential length of the thing, it changes and grows exponentially, much to everyone involved's great satisfaction. There may indeed be the occasional break here and there, but otherwise there is simply no way this anime will be ending any time this coming February (certainly not the 31st of February, lol) unless someone with the power to make such decisions is mentally unwell.

May I ask where you heard such a thing?
    i got some of luffy's stupidness... Well, the guy was just joking with me, as we all know february 31 doesnt exist. But thanks anyway. That was some great info ! Have a nice time :)

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Hey, I'm a total newb, too! I wrote out a nice response, then edited it into oblivion when I saw "February 31st" and thought I had been successfully trolled.

My initial response, since it now seems that Carroll was just confused on multiple levels, was that it's possible that he/she had heard the rumor that One Piece is going to be re-branded for the second half (i.e., a new title), which is possible, but far from substantiated or even likely.

It's true, i'm new here, but it's no big deal, i will get used to it :) and i'm really enjoying every bit of it

@tatermoog--LOL. Not really a newbie, after 6 months, but welcome to you, dear.

And I suppose I can understand your confusion. Most trolls that I've run across are snarkier or more angry than that, though my experience is not as great as many here. Never even thought about the possible renaming for the second half. It is possible that is what Carrol was speaking of, you're right. And of course, youa re also right about it being unsubstantiated. Time will tell, as we're definitely nearing the end of this arc.

For those who don't read the manga, here's a link to the page of Dragon's return to the ship (no spoilers):

http://www.mangareader.net/103-54487...apter-589.html

It seemed pretty clear in the anime that the wounded person was Sabo. In the manga, not so much (though the evidence still tilts very heavily in that direction, in my eyes). So, if you see people arguing the Sabo dead/alive storyline, might be helpful to know that the approaches were pretty different in anime and manga.

Brilliant episode seeing Luffy in his little fishmans boat with that (I suspect) famous barrel behind him that we first see him pop out in the first episode makes me feel like we've come full circle, and next week looks to be even better. Great to be back in the present

So the flashback ends... Damn, why isn't next week here yet? Takeo Ide taking care of the next episode is very nice to know. The anticipation with the preview is chipping away at me. And, it is almost here. Damn, why isn't next, next week here yet? (Oh, do we know who's directing the following few episodes?)
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Discovered Stowaway

OMG I just noticed. When Luffy finally starts on his journey.... (Major Manga Spoilers)

Spoiler:
    and says he's going to be king of the pirates. We just see his mouth with the strawhat keeping his eyes hidden in the shadow. This exactly mirrors the shot which we get of Roger when he first meets Rayleigh.
    Last edited by vick86; June 27th, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Uuuuh, not really.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Uuuuh, not really.
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Roger makes a V sign. But the whole just seeing the mouth and strawhat and not the eyes is definitely not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    So basically, you want to watch their work, but you don't want to support them in any way for it. Cool.
    No, I basically want to watch something that doesn't lag me to hell and back.
    My entertainment comes first, because, after all .. I'm watching a cartoon. I love Funimation, but I'm not going to sit there waiting (for me it's roughly 20 minutes just to load five minutes of content) to "support" them.
    Don't care who it bothers. They need to get this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by vick86 View Post
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Roger makes a V sign. But the whole just seeing the mouth and strawhat and not the eyes is definitely not a coincidence.
    Its not matter because this face wasn't in the manga.

Seriously, that was a great episode, and next week seems to be even better...
    Loved how they used the stills from the manga in the same way and adding just a bit of motion about halfway, accompanied by this awesome soundtrack.. Really well done, Toei, seriously - good flashback.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Discovered Stowaway

The flashback was well done. Now we can only hope that there won't be any horrible training filler starting in a couple of weeks...

What a great episode, the faces in here were just priceless, especially Luffy and Ace's.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    No, I basically want to watch something that doesn't lag me to hell and back.
    My entertainment comes first, because, after all .. I'm watching a cartoon. I love Funimation, but I'm not going to sit there waiting (for me it's roughly 20 minutes just to load five minutes of content) to "support" them.
    Don't care who it bothers. They need to get this fixed.
    THEY FIXED IT. God man, try it again. You're basically stealing something thats free -.-, how stupid does that sound? Unless you live in somewhere out of the U.S., there is no valid excuse to not watch it on the OPofficial website. And OP is just a cartoon? you fail. I hate fans like you that don't put ANY value in their entertainment. Its fixed, about 4-5 1 minute ads come up throughout the 20 minute episode. Thats fair

Quote Originally Posted by thewonderer View Post
    THEY FIXED IT. God man, try it again. You're basically stealing something thats free -.-, how stupid does that sound? Unless you live in somewhere out of the U.S., there is no valid excuse to not watch it on the OPofficial website. And OP is just a cartoon? you fail. I hate fans like you that don't put ANY value in their entertainment. Its fixed, about 4-5 1 minute ads come up throughout the 20 minute episode. Thats fair
    Um, excuse me?
    What kind of "fan" am I? I "fail"? How old are you?
    No, nothing is fixed. At least not for me -- I think I'd know this better than anyone else. I don't know what the problem here is, so I can't fix it. If I could, I would. You think I like having to look around for a lower quality shit video feed? You think I don't want to watch it where it belongs?

And last time I checked, One Piece had an animated cartoon series. It's a cartoon, dear. Don't blow a gasket, cause I'm not about to get into an "I LIEK OP MOAR/I'M A TRU FAN" argument. Just not going there.

Yonkou allied force evilvanessafan's Avatar

Unless you live in somewhere out of the U.S., there is no valid excuse to not watch it on the OPofficial website.
    here is a few excuses for you

- hating online streams
    - hating funi's translation
    - wanting to be able to watch it on a ps3/whatever that's linked to the big screen in the living room
    - not wanting to watch a crap quality stream

Its fixed, about 4-5 1 minute ads come up throughout the 20 minute episode. Thats fair
    no, that's bullshit and really annoying....

I hate fans like you that don't put ANY value in their entertainment
    said the person watching the crappy online streams....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information