+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

Default Re: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

I think they are just re-arranging some events.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    Hmm, i don't think so..i'm seeing scenes from ch. 590 only. That chapter has plenty of material anyway.
    Btw, do we know who's gonna be the animation director?
    AD of 505? It's Takeo Ide.

Placing the flashback after Marineford is probably the most innovative thing Oda has done with the series, so for that I'm glad. It also gives the story some nice downtime after a big battle.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

The post-arc parts excluding the flashback, these are usually my favorite parts about OP. Lot's of revelations in few chapters. I hope they do the upcoming chapters justice.

Quote Originally Posted by XMURADX View Post
    AD of 505? It's Takeo Ide.
    Yeah, thanks. Looks pretty good.

It looks like this will be the final arc before the time-skip. Anyone thinks there might be a filler arc before then or maybe a break?

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    It's over already

Hmm, i don't think so..i'm seeing scenes from ch. 590 only. That chapter has plenty of material anyway.
    Btw, do we know who's gonna be the animation director?
    My mistake - i was referring to how this episode was the last flashback episode and next week is new material.

Why the episode don't out?

Hahah... "Why the episode don't out?"

Sorry I don't know good english!!! Someone can tell me when funimation release the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by hiper05 View Post
    It looks like this will be the final arc before the time-skip. Anyone thinks there might be a filler arc before then or maybe a break?
    I don't think we'll be seeing original story filler arcs or episodes any time soon. What we'll most likely get is them stretching the Strawhat destination adventure things like they've done twice before. So each Strawhat gets half of one episode, two per week. And after the timeskip they're gonna be really constrained in terms of plot to be able to squeeze in fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by eliman12 View Post
    Sorry I don't know good english!!! Someone can tell me when funimation release the episode?
    I honestly can't sit through the Funimation feed because that video player is the bane of my existence. I watch it any other place but there.
    Last edited by Urouge; June 25th, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: no funi rip sites allowed

What the hell was up with that frog?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    505 Preview: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv

And the next episode title is "something something something Luffy's something something...something."
    It's actually called:
    -505- "I Want to See Them! Luffy's Tearful Scream"

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

The advertisements sorta spoiled the emotional moments.

Overrall very good episode, the pacing was handled well. I don't remember Dragon saying thet he was observing the world nobles in Luffy's town in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    I don't think we'll be seeing original story filler arcs or episodes any time soon. What we'll most likely get is them stretching the Strawhat destination adventure things like they've done twice before. So each Strawhat gets half of one episode, two per week. And after the timeskip they're gonna be really constrained in terms of plot to be able to squeeze in fillers.

I honestly can't sit through the Funimation feed because that video player is the bane of my existence. I watch it any other place but there.
    \

Actually man they fixed the video player so its good now. Watch it at the official website man, FUNimation makes money that way

I was thinking the same thing, just a complete non-sequitor.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Bahahahaha oh my god i was wondering the same thing

BEST EPISODE OF ONE PIECE EVER in my opinion. Oh man, that was such a wonderful episode. Ghost Sabo was kinda weird but besides that, HELL YEAH. Loved the awesome animation when Luffy left. Kinda wished they showed how he ended up in the barrel but what can you do?

Cool episode. I'm surprised they managed to stretch out 13 pages without stretching out the montage and were still left with a nicely paced episode. This entire flashback has been great, and props to Toei for it. I'm still glad it's over, though, because I'm excited for what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    So basically, you want to watch their work, but you don't want to support them in any way for it. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC
    "something something something Luffy's something something...something."
    Roughly:

"I want to see them!
    Luffy's outcry"

edit: whoops, shoulda refreshed the page.

Also glad to see other people thought that frog was fishy
    PSN: Samemind
    Brawl FC: 4253-3159-2512

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Placing the flashback after Marineford is probably the most innovative thing Oda has done with the series, so for that I'm glad. It also gives the story some nice downtime after a big battle.
    Oda has done A LOT of innovative things with the series. One = main character is made out of rubber and is a badass

Quote Originally Posted by thewonderer View Post
    Oda has done A LOT of innovative things with the series. One = main character is made out of rubber and is a badass
    Uh...neither of those two are innovative.

Placing the flashback after the war (as rushed and woefully written as key elements of it were) made the focus not on why Ace was important for Luffy to save, but why his death was as terrible as it was for Luffy. Oda broke from his structure for once and it worked out wonderfully, the Goa Kingdom's completely one-dimensional nobles aside.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information