+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oda Bio Sticky

Default Oda Bio Sticky

Hi there, I'll just go right to the point:

Its safe to say that AP forums is currently one of the top go-to website concerning OP. And with Stephen getting his own sticky, it adds greatly to it.

Now, am I the only one thinking, doesnt it seem kinda silly. That we dont have a special sticky regarding Oda? He is the author, and having some sort of a biography about him here only feels appropriate.

I know that we can just google and all. But again, this is a OP fan-site, so it wouldnt hurt to have one as well. Plus, we have dedicated fans here who can contribute little interesting facts and whatnot. I mean, I'm sure the likes of Aohige, or Greg will add something we prolly wont find in the wiki.

Default Re: Oda Bio Sticky

"Create a masterpiece for the ages: like a boss."
    ~Oda

read.

That would be something for the main site.
    It`s still in work, but i guess soon the main site will shine in a new light and there your suggestion sure gets a place.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

We had a thread like that before. It quickly turned into a joke about Oda's mob connections and his upbringing on the hard streets and how he'd had people assassinated.

I'm not sure I'd trust such a thread to stick to its purpose for very long a second time.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    We had a thread like that before. It quickly turned into a joke about Oda's mob connections and his upbringing on the hard streets and how he'd had people assassinated.

I'm not sure I'd trust such a thread to stick to its purpose for very long a second time.
    So basicly, they left out the Kennedy assasination again ?

I remember that thread .

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post

Well, I wasnt actually thinking about making it an open thread. But more of a biography, just a collection of valid informational pieces about him piled in 1 convenient place.

Probably like Stephen's translation threads. It was there for people to read, not post.

But yeah, the main site is prolly the proper place for it.

I'm all for this. A proper thread dedicated to Oda.

It'll work out fine.

This sounds like a lovely idea. A sort of mini-biography/introduction to Oda...
    Would it technically be an article? Because I don't think people should be able to comment on it extensively. Like, it should be mostly about the Original post, not the comments.

Let's form an alliance!

Spoiler:

(Clicky) (Clicky) Curse you, signature image limit!

Darn those landlubbers stowaways chore boys, they need to know some souls must remains at Davy Jones' Locker and never be released again. RRRRRRGH!

Oops. <_<" Sorry. I'm still not allowed to post my own threads, so this is all I can do.

Let's form an alliance!

Spoiler:

So long as you post in any thread, such as in the manga section or other forums, you'll meet the quota in no time

Haha, thanks.
    I feel like I have been posting a lot, but the only threads that interest me are pretty old, and i've been warned for threadcromancy. @_@ Also, I read the Official published English Manga, so i'm behind everyone else and am afraid to wander in the forums because of spoilers.
    That's a discussion for another time though. :p

Let's form an alliance!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Darn those landlubbers stowaways chore boys, they need to know some souls must remains at Davy Jones' Locker and never be released again. RRRRRRGH!
    I thought it was OK to post in old threads, though? Or is this one considered one of those "time sensitive" types that we're not supposed to necro? I know the rules say that, for the most part, it's preferred that we post in older threads for a topic rather than make new ones on the same topic.

Did the Oda Biography thing ever come to be or was the idea just kind of dropped? Would be nice to have a good place to read up on info about him.
    Brook makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasumi_Emi View Post
    I thought it was OK to post in old threads, though? Or is this one considered one of those "time sensitive" types that we're not supposed to necro? I know the rules say that, for the most part, it's preferred that we post in older threads for a topic rather than make new ones on the same topic.

Did the Oda Biography thing ever come to be or was the idea just kind of dropped? Would be nice to have a good place to read up on info about him.
    No, the rules are right. If you have anything to add to an old topic that is relevant to said topic, it's fine to necro a thread.

Ideally, though, if you are to revive a thread, it should be something that is either particularly relevant to it or something to generate discussion. This thread existed before the small suggestions thread, but really it would otherwise fit into its theme, and in that sense, a small suggestion like it is has already been noted and moved on from. So yeah, there's a time sensitive element as well as a practical element involved

So it would be okay to post something to a Rurouni Kenshin thread if it's been dead for years for example like
    "Let's discuss the new Live action movies!"

but not something that only consists of
    "Ruroken is my favorite manga!"

Even if the latter is a potential post in topics that are still active (although in general I would strongly discourage the latter alone)

Again, I'm sorry. Im having a hard time finding "new" topics that interest me. Ha ha.

I do think this is a really good topic though. I don't have much to add to it, but maybe others do, now that it's within view. :) This idea is definitely worth a shot.
    If not a Bio for Oda, maybe just a list of facts or interesting quotes from him or something. I remember at the end of book one, he included some facts like "hidden talents" and "favourite video game", etc. That might be a cool thing to include.

Let's form an alliance!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    Again, I'm sorry. Im having a hard time finding "new" topics that interest me. Ha ha.

I do think this is a really good topic though. I don't have much to add to it, but maybe others do, now that it's within view. :) This idea is definitely worth a shot.
    If not a Bio for Oda, maybe just a list of facts or interesting quotes from him or something. I remember at the end of book one, he included some facts like "hidden talents" and "favourite video game", etc. That might be a cool thing to include.
    You can find a lot of neat stuff here for the time being:
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information