+ Reply to Thread
Page 826 of 826 FirstFirst ... 326 726 776 816 824 825 826
Results 16,501 to 16,519 of 16519

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe Byleth was originally fighter #6 and whoever #5 was got switched around. S/He doesnt really fit with what we were told by Reggie when Joker was revealed.
    What Reggie said was that the characters would be new to Smash, not that they would come from franchises new to Smash. Huge difference.

People just took an article misquote seriously and hyped themselves up to much.

I kinda expected all of these 5 to be third party and then the next wave (that we know to be 6 now) to be first/second party.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Another thing that I love is that in the end the 3 that sakurai was holding meant 3 houses.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A part of me is a tad disappointed but the character looks fun and if we have to get another FE character, I'm glad this one uses Spears, Axes, and Arrows as part of their moveset.

All of the other 7 FE characters being Sword users with only Robin being slightly different with the Magic is an incredibly missed opportunity.

Cuphead Mii costume is super hype tho. I'm making an awesome Cuphead the instant the DLC hits.

Also, SIX fighters for Season 2 is awesome.

OBLIGATORY WISHLIST & PREDICTION LIST TIME GO!

Unrealistic Wish List
    Spoiler:
    Geno (PLEASE!)
    Dixie Kong
    Sora
    Crash Bandicoot (w/Coco Alt/Echo)
    Jill Valentine/Claire Redifield*
    Shantae
    Decidueye**

* I'd prefer Claire but Jill and Chris are the typical RE Reps that get used in stuff plus RE3 is coming soon.

**I included a seventh for wiggle room.

Realistic Prediction List:
    Spoiler:
    Monster Hunter
    Minecraft Steve
    Gen 8 Pokemon (Cinderace probably)
    Rabbid Character
    An Actual highly requested Character (Geno?!)
    Fire Emblem Character
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Maybe Byleth from Three Houses?
    I am now open for lottery ticket premonitions.

Came to this realization:

I'm now looking forward to characters i like NOT getting in Smash, as anyone who gets there at this point would be inevitably heavily scrutinized for "stealing" a spot and debating incessantly about why they were picked and being memed or even insulted to death alongside their game and fans. All of this takes the fun out of it, it drives people apart instead of bringing them closer. Better to leave the characters in the games i like for who wants to appreciate them, instead of sending them to die in that madhouse.

You can find someone to love out of 75+echos characters. That <insert any of the million video game characters that aren't a fighter in smash> isn't in, is not a personal insult or trolling sakurai. Even if Who counts binary using extended fingers as 0 instead of ones?? that's what insane(er) people do!

That said, I'd rather if Byleth was the oppener of pass 2 instead of the closing act of pass 1.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Came to this realization:

I'm now looking forward to characters i like NOT getting in Smash, as anyone who gets there at this point would be inevitably heavily scrutinized for "stealing" a spot and debating incessantly about why they were picked and being memed or even insulted to death alongside their game and fans. All of this takes the fun out of it, it drives people apart instead of bringing them closer. Better to leave the characters in the games i like for who wants to appreciate them, instead of sending them to die in that madhouse.
    I have the entirely opposite take. If we get a hyper niche character that only I like and it brings hate from the internet towards that character and that game because of stealing a spot... pffft, I don't care, I still get the character I want XD.

I enjoyed three houses and because of that I'm hyped about Byleth. The internet can have a hissy fit like it has been over almost every game in the past year, I don't care.

I have that one friend that doesn’t seem like a person but an amalgamation of the internet. Had to mute him.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post

Realistic Prediction List:
    Spoiler:
    Monster Hunter
    Minecraft Steve
    Gen 8 Pokemon (Cinderace probably)
    Rabbid Character
    An Actual highly requested Character (Geno?!)
    Fire Emblem Character
    Unless they release a new FE around 2021 (Even so, the lineup is already decided.) Then another FE character isn't really on the Realistic spectrum.

But that won’t stop the hive mind of the internet about it.

Besides, I still want the gacha gun as a mechanic.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Even though I am a FE fan and really enjoyed 3H, I am part of those who think Smash is already beyond the point of saturation with FE characters. But if we were going to include a 3H entry anyways, I really wish they would have done something more interesting than just damn Byleth. A Pokémon Trainer sort of character so you could rotate between Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude would be something interesting enough for me to overlook the fact it was FE yet again.

The trailer was really fun with the "too many swordsmen" awareness, but zero excitement watching Byleth themselves.

As cool as having Byleth switch between house leaders would be, the problem is that that would require Sakurai's team to work on essentially three characters (rather than just one) and likely would involve a lot of move and animation recycling (I remember that being one of the louder complaints about Joker when he came out; so I could imagine it being even worse here).

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

If Rex gets in and Nia gets in with Mythra and Pyra, I'd be stoked.

I love how Byleth is just a nuke like Ganondorf. It looks like so many moves can kill. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with that moveset. Terry's moveset was cool too but I can never get those inputs consistently. I think I'll enjoy Byleth the most out of the DLC
    Last edited by NateRich; January 17th, 2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Everyone's sleeping on Sordward and Shielbert for the next Challenger Pack

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Even though I am a FE fan and really enjoyed 3H, I am part of those who think Smash is already beyond the point of saturation with FE characters. But if we were going to include a 3H entry anyways, I really wish they would have done something more interesting than just damn Byleth. A Pokémon Trainer sort of character so you could rotate between Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude would be something interesting enough for me to overlook the fact it was FE yet again.

The trailer was really fun with the "too many swordsmen" awareness, but zero excitement watching Byleth themselves.
    Oh my god this would have been awesome

You folks really want to Pokemon Trainer to lose the one thing that makes they unique to the rest of the cast, don't you?

And just as Bugs said, it would be three times the ammount of work for one fighter. I seen people want the same thing for Blazing Sword.

Also, I think the concept is easier doing on Pokemon Trainer since a Pokemon seems easier to work a moveset than a human character with a weapon or at least easier to animate.
    Last edited by KageKageKing; January 18th, 2020 at 06:31 AM.

A showcase of the partner up system would have been nice, but the four weapons is better.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The partner up is basically Robin's final smash.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information