+ Reply to Thread
Page 818 of 826 FirstFirst ... 318 718 768 808 816 817 818 819 820 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,360 of 16519

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

L o o k i n g c o o l F o o l i o !

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Really wish Stage Builder had a Duplicate and Mirror option.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Any ideas who we get next?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Any ideas who we get next?
    Signs are pointing to someone from DQ, possibly Erdrick.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Everyone expects Erdrick, so I will instead speculate Banjo Kazooie as the next one.

It's Knack, baby.

Thing is that I suspect that we won't know until june. Joker and the plant we're revealed way too early.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'll go for a weird one and hope for The Knight from Hollow Knight.

Silksong hype.

honestly erdrick is such a "whatever" option for me so I'm hoping it's not lol

Chrono would be a delight so people could stop talking about Goku.

They didn't stop with Lucario, who is as Goku as Sakurai could do.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It sure would be interesting if we could possibly see a Smash X DQ illustration from Toriyama.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I'm expecting a Fire Emblem character from the new game to be shown at E3 and then releases in July. Pretty safe prediction but it lines up well with the Feb 2020 deadline they gave themselves for the 5th character.

A fire emblem lord (or the 3 of them sharing their 3 weapons, with minimal participation of swords, to represent the class mechanic) and final form grookey are the most probable options, before Joker got in and blew up all predictions, and also the Rex-sidesteep makes me think that these choices are made out of 3rd party deals.

But mons and lords are 2th party, technically, and as much as Monolith soft has been a good team player, they haven't printed as much money as FE nor the little phenomena that is Pokemon.

tldr; I have no idea either.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I'm expecting a Fire Emblem character from the new game to be shown at E3 and then releases in July. Pretty safe prediction but it lines up well with the Feb 2020 deadline they gave themselves for the 5th character.
    There is a FE Expo happening happening in May so I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed in there instead of E3.

After what Reggie said at the game awards I'm also fairly convinced that the Fighter's Pass characters will all be third party.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if given the success of the game they expanded beyond that and added other characters to the game as either extra, free DLC, or as a second fighter's pass. But I would expect things more of the sort of popular echo fighter requests (Shadow, Octolings) or notable absences moreso than promotional FE/Pokemon characters if they do go beyond the current fighter's pass.

With Joker being the bar right now it'd honestly be disappointing if they opt for more FE/Pokemon, even if I do like both those series.

A second wave of dlc being just echoes... I dunno. Even if I would love the octolings, specially the one with the afro.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I wouldn't mind a bunch of third party characters but how many are consistently popular worldwide that aren't already in the game?

The answer is a lot but the next question is how relevant are they now and do they at least have a miniscule connection to Nintendo like Joker?

Next question: is it Monster Hunter? I hope MH gets a rep. Why not more Capcom? Give us more

There's still significant characters not in Smash.

Square Enix has the likes of Sora, Crono, and Slime (fuck you Erdrick, no one knows you)
    Capcom does have stuff like MH and Resident Evil and Ace Attorney and Devil May Cry and...
    Then there's all the significant non-Japanese game characters that are notable in the industry. Scorpion/Sub-Zero from MK, Doomguy from... Doom, Minecraft which is still stupidly popular, Master Chief, Lara Croft... we could get nuttier with the likes of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Or shit, anything from Portal/Half-Life.
    Or how about characters that are hugely well-known from already repped third party franchises? Tails/Robotnik are weird omissions, for example. Chun-Li is another Street Fighter icon that's lacking, but given Ken I'd probably assume no to this one.
    OOOR, how about all the non-Pacman stuff Namco does? Tales of series has the likes of Yuri or Lloyd; Tekken has stuff like Kuma or Heihachi.
    We could also get super weird: how about an Atari character, like a space invader? Or a Tetris character? At this point, why the fuck not? XD

Looking into current day I'm slowly convincing myself that Sans/Undertale has a shot at representation in some form or other too, given how it's one of the indies that has had a particularly strong penetration in the Japanese market. And there's also niche stuff like Monokuma that would be super dope and represent another genre of gaming, while also giving some attention to a company that has supported Nintendo for a while (Spike Chunsoft).

Man, Cloud really did break the barrier of what's possible. Then Piranha Plant extended that to the absurd and this is the world we live in now.
    Last edited by Noqanky; April 29th, 2019 at 01:28 AM.

I'm done with smash fatigue, I'm back.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information