+ Reply to Thread
Page 801 of 810 FirstFirst ... 301 701 751 791 799 800 801 802 803 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,020 of 16197

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

Persona 5 for Switch. Please god.

But seriously, Joker for Smash? That is literally the hype the DLC pack needs.

I could never get into Persona, but the character looks alright. What I'm wondering right now is what music they might include. I don't recall ever hearing a memorable track from the series. Anyone care to link some cool possible tunes? I'm guessing ones from P5 itself are the most likely?

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

What the fuck ?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I could never get into Persona, but the character looks alright. What I'm wondering right now is what music they might include. I don't recall ever hearing a memorable track from the series. Anyone care to link some cool possible tunes? I'm guessing ones from P5 itself are the most likely?
    At minimum you're getting Last Surprise and/or Invitation to Freedom since that actually originated on Nintendo hardware.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I don't recall ever hearing a memorable track from the series. Anyone care to link some cool possible tunes?
    You... you are about to enter a whole new world, my man. Persona music is... I can't describe it in words. It's an avant-garde experience you need to witness for yourself.

And given how deep they went with Mega Man and Castlevania, we might get a couple tracks from 3 and 4 since those are the other frequently popular and referenced games in the series.

First three links are to games before 5, last four are songs from 5.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

We can get the P3 battle theme on the condition that it's just the BABYBABYBABYBABYBABY part looped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    We can get the P3 battle theme on the condition that it's just the BABYBABYBABYBABYBABY part looped.
    We might as well get a remix of A Battle For Everyone's Soul's that features Nyx Avatar's lines as lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Now I'm expecting the remaining DLC characters to be Doomguy, 2B, Subzero, and Crash.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Now that anime is in, Goku has a chance?

Final Smash possibilities:

- All Out Attack
    - Joker's Ultimate Persona's plot skill
    - Giving players the flu
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; December 6th, 2018 at 11:18 PM. Reason: but seriously I am beyond excited for Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    At minimum you're getting Last Surprise and/or Invitation to Freedom since that actually originated on Nintendo hardware.
    These are both great compositions, and I love the funky big-band jazz orchestration. Unfortunately like with almost all jazz, the vocals really kill the mood for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaIo82uT0qs
    Less of a fan of this one, but melodically it's still pretty exciting in terms of fighting music. And the strings solo at 2 minutes is pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    You... you are about to enter a whole new world, my man. Persona music is... I can't describe it in words. It's an avant-garde experience you need to witness for yourself.

And given how deep they went with Mega Man and Castlevania, we might get a couple tracks from 3 and 4 since those are the other frequently popular and referenced games in the series.

Hidden:
    First three links are to games before 5, last four are songs from 5.
    Hidden:

First song continues the theme of solid composition with questionable vocals.

Second song is amazing. It really mixes so many styles seamlessly. Like it runs the entire gamut of classical periods, roughly in order even, all blended with modern sounds. I'm blown away. My favorite by a long shot.

Third is okay, not a standout though.

Fourth was linked by Crossword.

Fifth was linked by Cyan.

Sixth and seventh continue the trend of good funky stuff that I can only really appreciate during the instrumental-only bridge sections.

In conclusion: I'll be really happy if just about any of this music gets instrumental remixes XD.

I'm just a newbie of the persona series, playing only 4 and 5, and dropping 3 around halfway, but I love this reveal.

Such stilish trailer, we already avoided the darkest timeline.

Ok, for music's I'll leave the experts but for stages, it's gotta be the velvet room right? Or maybe go meta and it is the palace of sakurai, or even better, the players' heart.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Maxterdexter was a true prophet!
    I knew all along!!!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Just played for as long as I was able to.

So far, of what I've unlocked, I feel amazing with Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Incineroar. I just unlocked K. Rool and the first match I had using him felt great. Zelda and Wii Fit I've also used with some success, though they don't feel as natural to me as the other four, despite Wii Fit being one of my mains in Wii U.
    For now though, the unlocking process is the focus.

Also, regarding the classic mode bosses I played (if you care about boss spoilers, be careful):
    Spoiler:

Inkling's final boss being Marx was a real pleasure, he looks amazing. It really makes me wish he was playable, he looks demonic as hell and is super hard.

My only clasic run ended with master hand after an appropiate final fighter.

First gripe with the game, the two currencies, If I keep watch of the gold store, while playing spirit modes, then I don't have gold for the songs.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Hopefully I'll be playing the game 5 hours from now.............!

Been playing Classic Mode for a while and I have to say, that I'm having a lot more fun than in Sm4sh.

My Unlock-chain so far:
    Spoiler:
    Yoshi>Lucario>Marth>Ryu>Ganondorf>Lucina
    Ryu had my favourite battles and boss so far.
    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3972-7935

Quote Originally Posted by Early View Post
    Been playing Classic Mode for a while and I have to say, that I'm having a lot more fun than in Sm4sh.

My Unlock-chain so far:
    Spoiler:
    Yoshi>Lucario>Marth>Ryu>Ganondorf>Lucina
    Ryu had my favourite battles and boss so far.
    yep, this confirms the flow chart. Spoiled, but it's here if anyone wants to see it.

It's still seems better than 200 matches on VS.

Spoiler:
    What's the deal of Sonic being the final unlock of 5 of those charts, lol?

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's still seems better than 200 matches on VS.

Spoiler:
    What's the deal of Sonic being the final unlock of 5 of those charts, lol?
    Spoiler:

8 newcomers branching out for 9 lines of fighters -> 72
    but since we have ~74 and the miis being used differently, we get repeats with Sonic.

Played for a few hours yesterday. Found out I am worse in this game than I could ever have thought.
    Honestly, making the control be on the (and only on the) analogue stick is criminal. I can't tell how many times already I tried to go for a side special only for the up special to come out instead. And god, all the accidental jumping can be annoying (you can turn it off on Smash mode, but apparently not on the others?).
    I seriously hope this is some sort of fine control I will develop later because the character not doing what I was trying to do happens just way too often, to a point of being detrimental to the fun (honestly, why not have the control be on the pad????).

That said, fun hours regardless. Got lucky to get Incineroar early, as it was the character I was hoping to play the most, and damn if he isn't just as fun as I was expecting.

Um okay....

Spoiler:
    *Goes off to instantly buy the DLC bundle after uncontrollable hype*
    Last edited by NateRich; December 7th, 2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: I like how they included a trademark Ryuji 'Forreal?!'

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information