+ Reply to Thread
Page 734 of 739 FirstFirst ... 234 634 684 724 732 733 734 735 736 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,680 of 14770

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

The Snake family takes pride in their amazing butts, it's like 90% of why Zero cloned Big Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Waluigi is now tied for my second favorite Mario character. Along with legit Luigi.

No one's ever gonna top Bowser though. He's far and away my favorite.

MOAR stage infographics!!

Spoiler:

On stages that I don't want back, I can only think of

- Past Battlefields or Final Destinations: We already have like 80 of each, making these 6 stages again instead of returning any melee or 64 stage would bother me to no end.
    - The vertical scrolling stages: fuckem, Icicicle mountain and Rumble falls, they weren't fun to play at all.
    - Jungle Hijinx: Eh, I didn't think that the gimmik worked very well, same could be said of the great cave offensive but that one is already confirmed.
    - The over stilyzed retro stages (Except Pac Maze): If the last few generate anger on me, this one is a "eh, I could sacrifice them if needed, but I'd rather not". Mushroom Kingdom, Kirby's dreamland, Retro FZero, Hanebow, Mario Bros., I guess Gamer could count. I rather like my retro stages like what they did with Wrecking Crew, at least half of them. The other half like Pac Maze, visually interesting and not much breaking the rules of smash
    - Multiple instances of Pictochat, "Lets fight on top of the great fox from a side view" and Flat Zone: Flat zone and pictochat could easily absorb all past instances into a "best hits" version, and the alt Conerias (that should be alt Sector Zs) only vary in size and background, it seems like the one we'll be getting is a new iteration instead of a returning stage.

My personal stage priority:
    Spoiler:
    Top tier:
    Peach Castle, Planet Zebes, Binstar Deepts, Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaza, Pac Maze, Miiverse (find a way to make it work, like splatoon 2 did)

Mid Tier:
    Congo Jungle, Yoshi's island, Fountain of dreams, Mute City, Woolly World

Ok Tier:
    Rainbow Cruise, PokeFloats (Top tier if a new iteration of this concept), Paper Mario, Orbital Gate Assault, Windy Hills Zone

Nah Tier:
    Sector Z, Mushroom Kingdom, Mario Bros, Hanebow, Golden Plains, Rainbow Road (Can't remember this stage at all), Dreamland, Mute City (retro), Gamer

No Tier:
    Tutorial stages, Old Battlefields or Final destinations, did they imply to turn the bonus stages into arenas?
    Icicle Mountain, Rumble Falls, Big Battlefield, Jungle Hijinx
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Bring back Poke Floats you cowards.

So if my numbers are right we have the following number of stages from each franchise.

Mario: 11
    DK: 3
    Zelda: 8
    Metroid: 3
    Yoshi: 3
    Kirby: 4
    Star Fox: 3
    Pokemon: 7
    Mother: 4
    Ice Climbers: 1
    F-Zero: 2
    Fire Emblem: 3
    Game & Watch: 1
    Kid Icarus: 3
    Wario: 1
    Pikmin: 2
    Animal Crossing: 3
    Wii Fit: 1
    Metal Gear: 1
    Sonic 1
    Xenoblade: 1
    Punch-out: 1
    Duck Hunt: 1
    Mega Man: 1
    Pac-man: 1
    Street Fighter: 1
    Final Fantasy: 1
    Baynoetta: 1
    Splatoon: 1
    Smash: 2
    Other (non-character): 8

Not really seeing any old stages that I want back besides Brinstar Depths and the Pirate Ship, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Yoshi's Island from Melee though seems likely given it's been a staple since.

Can't imagine they'd bring back stages there were updated by new parts: Sector Z, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdoms from 64 and Melee, Planet Zebas, but I suppose the 64 version of Peach's Castle and Congo Jungle could be DLC.

But 84 stages, geez; how many more before it becomes too many?

They are already too many.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Its called ultimate for a reason, bring back all the stages! What's the selection screen going to be like? Multiple pages?

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

new song "City Trial" from Kirby Air Ride
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    https://smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

new song "City Trial" from Kirby Air Ride
    Ah, nostalgia....IIRC Iwadare was also the one that did the Meta Knight theme arrangement in Brawl.

This week also covered both Knuckles and Krystal's new AT status.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also Abra was found to be a new pokemon, it teleports you off the stage.

You know easier short-hop aerials is a cool thing, but what I always have the most trouble executing is tilts.

I have a psychological lock against using tilts as a quick motion, they don't come natural to me say like every other aspect of combat in smash. Like even in my good days of 64 I had to think specifically "Now, do tilts". Maybe it is because I learned to play with emulator and + instead of a stick.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:

Jun Senoue made a remix of Mega Man 4.

I know he's a Sonic guy but MAN does it remind me of a jammin' SA2 tune.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I'm going to be heartbroken when the Ridley Amiibo doesn't have him in the GIMMIE THOSE PRESENTS pose from Prime 3.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Heres hoping Smash MetaKnight amiibo gets a rerelease. I never saw him in a store ever.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Instead of giving us Geno in Smash I would much rather they give us an actually great Mario RPG game again.
    Like it's been 14 years I think since Thousand Year Door right?
    Don't give us Geno, give us the fun Mario adventure stories that produce characters like Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Instead of giving us Geno in Smash I would much rather they give us an actually great Mario RPG game again.
    Like it's been 14 years I think since Thousand Year Door right?
    Don't give us Geno, give us the fun Mario adventure stories that produce characters like Geno.
    Sadly, Nintendo has already come out and said that Mario & Luigi is now the one and only Mario RPG series. Nevermind the fact that it's veered off into its own thing as well, leaving us without any real Mario RPGs anymore. All we can do is hope that Nintendo somehow pulls an Odyssey and goes back on what they said, and acknowledges the lack of a real Mario RPG and gives us one again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information