+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muppets

Default Re: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    6. Amy Lee: “Halfway Down the Stairs”
    Amy Lee? As in Evanescence's Amy Lee? MY Amy Lee?

*looks up*

YUP! The very same. Her singing for it is nice, but.....they really should have just have it be her and a piano with the song. I don't like the synth they have with it. She can rock your shit with the piano, and really, this song would have been great with just her and her playing the keys. *shrug* Still, I like it. It's kind of haunting, which I don't like, but her voice is plain enough to mix with Robin the Frog.

Although, I really shouldn't be surprised, knowing who Amy is.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
    Love Actually is arguably the greatest movie in the history of mankind.
    YES. Love, Actually is still one of my favorite movies ever! That and Shaun of the Dead.

According to the official Disney Pixar Twitter feed, one cartoon short was just not enough for the TOY STORY characters this year. We'll be getting "Small Fry" in front of THE MUPPETS.

The Toy Story crew and the Muppets in one movie expperience - that may just be too much joy for mere mortals to handle.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

According to the official Disney Pixar Twitter feed, one cartoon short was just not enough for the TOY STORY characters this year. We'll be getting "Small Fry" in front of THE MUPPETS.
    Like I needed any more incentive to see this opening night? 8D

The offical OK Go video for the the theme song. It has all the fun that the actual, very monotone, song lacks. This makes it clear it was always meant to have the muppets interacting and on the track... they just... aren't on the CD.

Actually a lot of fun.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Pig with the Frog Tatoo trailer

Oh my God. That's a trailer? With all the shameless advertisement talk and fourth wall breaking and using words like "awesome" and "dude"?

Beautiful

:,)
    Last edited by TLC; September 15th, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: No seriously, most hilariously fun and creative trailer I've ever seen.

A little piece of news for you guys, though I'm sure there are a lot of you here that aren't interested in wrestling.

But.

You guys may want to DVR/watch WWE RAW on Monday October 31st (9pm EST), as The Muppets will be guest-hosting the show to promote the upcoming movie. I think it'll be a blast. :D

Also, the Muppet Blog has a list of all the Confirmed, Rumoured, and Debunked cameo appearances for the movie (guaranteed it's not all of them though)

Spoiler:
    Confirmed Cameo Appearances
    • Zach Galifianakis
    • Alan Arkin
    • Billy Crystal
    • Wanda Sykes
    • Kathy Griffin
    • Ricky Gervais
    • Emily Blunt
    • Jack Black
    • Mickey Rooney
    • Mila Kunis
    • Rico Rodriguez
    • Danny Trejo
    • Dave Grohl
    • Eddie Pepitone
    • French Stewart
    • Neil Patrick Harris
    • Whoopi Goldberg
    • James Carville
    • Selena Gomez
    • Judd Hirsch
    • John Krasinski
    • Sterling Knight
    • Donald Glover
    • Kristen Schaal
    • Leslie Feist
    • Ken Jeong
    • Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo
    • Sarah Silverman
    Rumored Cameo Appearances
    • Ed Helms
    • Lady Gaga
    • Michael Cera
    • Sean Penn
    • Sarah Hyland
    • Rob Corddry
    • Jim Parsons
    Debunked Cameo Rumors
    • Paul Rudd
    • Jane Lynch
    • Jean Claude Van Damme
    • Eric Stonestreet
    • Charles Grodin
    • Steve Carell

Just thought I'd mention that it's Jim Henson's 75th birthday today and Google is doing something pretty nifty in celebration of it.

What does it actually do? I'm not getting any sound or anything.

When you click on each Muppet they'll follow your cursor around the screen, and if you hold down on right clikc then their mouths will open. Also, I somehow got the "E" Muppet to eat the "L" Muppet.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Thanksgiving!? I thought this was coming out in October ; _____ ;
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    When you click on each Muppet they'll follow your cursor around the screen, and if you hold down on right clikc then their mouths will open. Also, I somehow got the "E" Muppet to eat the "L" Muppet.
    I got the first O puppet to shoot his glasses off into the air. Twice. But no idea how.

I got the first O puppet to shoot his glasses off into the air. Twice. But no idea how.
    Yeah, I got him to do that too. So yeah, no idea how the Google doodle is supposed to work.

dammit. This made me wanna watch all of the old stuff. I saw a few episodes of the first season on youtube and am currently watching 'The Muppet Movie' but what else is actually worth watching aside from the main show and the first film? I've heard mixed on most of the rest of the films so.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    dammit. This made me wanna watch all of the old stuff. I saw a few episodes of the first season on youtube and am currently watching 'The Muppet Movie' but what else is actually worth watching aside from the main show and the first film? I've heard mixed on most of the rest of the films so.
    I loved Muppets Christmas Carol as a kid, so I can definitely recommend that. And it's been a while since I've seen them, but I guess you could also check out Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island as well. Whatever you do, though, stay away from Muppets in Space. Also, you could check out the Muppets Babies cartoon.

Nobodyman's made some good suggestions, but my personal favorite Muppet movie/special is the 1987 special, A Muppet Family Christmas. It features many of Jim Henson's characters, and not just from the Muppet crew, either; it's not the season, but I highly recommend it.

What is it about Muppets and Christmas that makes such a great combination?

Apologies for the double-posting (it HAS been two weeks), but we got the new trailer today!

Yep. Opening night, first in line. That's me.

"Are you a teenage mutant ninja turtle?"
    "Yes I am."

LOL. Wow.

"We should travel by map!"

Genius.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information