+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muppets

Default Re: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies

Mostly the movie, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone that hasn't actually watched the first trailer yet. And it also leaves open the option to talk about romantic stuff in general, if there's any actual desire to do so.

Though now that we're a couple weeks in and on page three I suppose there's not so much need for the spoiler tagging and may need to decide one direction or another for the thread. Might change the thread title later. Or leave it for a different mod to decide. I dunno.
    Last edited by Robby; June 16th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It's official. This movie is one of the most anticipated movies that I so want to see ever.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

God, this movie. So excited.

I've been flipping out over this since it was announced; with every new teaser, I want summer to be over and November to be here! I actually had a little spazzfit when I saw the first teaser at Pirates of the Caribbean, and now this new one...

As a longtime fan of the stars, it's nice to see a crew who knows how to really work with them. The attitude and spirit they've portrayed thus far is perfect.

Oh, and apparently an 'official' trailer for the movie is set to be released on Monday the 20th. Bring it on, Disney.

Bring. It. On.

On a side note, Ever After is one of my favorite romance movies ever. <3

I also can't wait for this movie to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    God, this movie. So excited.

I've been flipping out over this since it was announced; with every new teaser, I want summer to be over and November to be here! I actually had a little spazzfit when I saw the first teaser at Pirates of the Caribbean, and now this new one...

As a longtime fan of the stars, it's nice to see a crew who knows how to really work with them. The attitude and spirit they've portrayed thus far is perfect.

Oh, and apparently an 'official' trailer for the movie is set to be released on Monday the 20th. Bring it on, Disney.

Bring. It. On.

On a side note, Ever After is one of my favorite romance movies ever. <3
    careful becky. you live in canada, remember. :P

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    careful becky. you live in canada, remember. :P
    I remember, Cap'n. I'm willing to sacrifice the tiny amount of summer we get to see this movie sooner. That's how much I NEED it.

*puts on extra layer, tuque and Uggs... just in case*
    Last edited by Rebecky_Mo; June 17th, 2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: I don't actually own a real tuque or Uggs, but you get the picture

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

That trailer was TIGHT.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Official trailer, no parody aspects this time. Looks good, but the first trailer is still my favorite, just because it hits you out of nowhere.

Hidden:
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Why was R.O.B. driving the car in that one scene?

Anyway, awesome trailer, and I'm definitely going to see it.

Some guys got to go to the Muppet Theater set. Lucky bastards.
    http://collider.com/the-muppets-set-...eo-blog/97399/

In anticipation of the upcoming movie, Disney has put together a tribute album, with bands doing covers of a lot of the old songs, and its up for preview listen on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/14/138984...en-album?sc=tw

The album comes out August 23rd, and the new film this Thanksgiving.

1. OK Go: “Muppet Show Theme”
    2. Weezer and Paramore’s Hayley Williams: “Rainbow Connection”
    3. The Fray: “Mahna Mahna”
    4. Alkaline Trio: “Moving Right Along”
    5. My Morning Jacket: “Our World”
    6. Amy Lee: “Halfway Down the Stairs”
    7. Sondre Lerche: “Mr. Bassman”
    8. The Airborne Toxic Event: “Wishing Song”
    9. Atreyu’s Brandon Saller and Good Charlotte’s Billy Martin: “Night Life”
    10. Andrew Bird: “Bein’ Green”
    11. Matt Nathanson: “I Hope That Something Better Comes Along”
    12. Rachael Yamagata: “I’m Going to Go Back There Someday”.

Hrm, its been 3 months since this thread was made, I suppose I can let the romantic comedy joke slide now and make it an official Muppets thread... but it'd be nice to still be able to surprise someone that hasn't seen it yet. Hrm. How to go about it....

Definitely interested in seeing this.

I've managed to dupe a lot of people using this thread as the idea. So I would love to see it kept like this. I think the romantic comedy trailer is the most powerful one too. Just so much more memorable.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproducti...bmp?1313441394

In anticipation of the upcoming movie, Disney has put together a tribute album, with bands doing covers of a lot of the old songs, and its up for preview listen on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/14/138984...en-album?sc=tw

The album comes out August 23rd, and the new film this Thanksgiving.

1. OK Go: “Muppet Show Theme”
    2. Weezer and Paramore’s Hayley Williams: “Rainbow Connection”
    3. The Fray: “Mahna Mahna”
    4. Alkaline Trio: “Moving Right Along”
    5. My Morning Jacket: “Our World”
    6. Amy Lee: “Halfway Down the Stairs”
    7. Sondre Lerche: “Mr. Bassman”
    8. The Airborne Toxic Event: “Wishing Song”
    9. Atreyu’s Brandon Saller and Good Charlotte’s Billy Martin: “Night Life”
    10. Andrew Bird: “Bein’ Green”
    11. Matt Nathanson: “I Hope That Something Better Comes Along”
    12. Rachael Yamagata: “I’m Going to Go Back There Someday”.

Hrm, its been 3 months since this thread was made, I suppose I can let the romantic comedy joke slide now and make it an official Muppets thread... but it'd be nice to still be able to surprise someone that hasn't seen it yet. Hrm. How to go about it....
    Nah, just keep the romantic comedy title.

And that album's a brilliant idea, I especially look forward to Weezer's version of The Rainbow Connection. Though I'm not a big fan of Hayley Williams :/.

I like Amy Adams, and I agree she was good in Enchanted. Not big on the romcoms though. Especially if they have Adam Sandler or Jennifer Aniston ... or both. The Muppet movie looks great though, can't wait to see it ever since that Kermot x Johnny Depp teaser from the premiere of PotC4.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Weezer's Rainbow Connection is pretty great. And probably the most sedate thing Weezer has ever done. Mahna Mahna sounds pretty much the same. Moving Right Along is a lotta fun. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along loses something not being a duet.

A couple songs are pretty close to their originals, but a lot are pretty different. I like a smattering of these, but I also really dislike a few of them too. Nightlife is pretty blargh, but it was never one of their better songs anyway. The starting track takes all the fun out of the Muppet Show Theme. Shame the entire album is only 36 minutes, they could have easily done another dozen songs to balance out the ick ones. (I'd love to hear a new take on "Going to Morrow". Or the Muppet Babies theme, whynot?)

I'll leave the Romantic Comedy title, since I guess everyone knows what the thread really is anyway, and what it updating means.
    Last edited by Robby; August 15th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Listening to Moving Right Along now. It is quite fun, though I prefer the original version. The jokes get lost a little this way.
    Still, it's a great initiative.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Wow, I really REALLY dislike the OK Go cover of the Muppets Theme. I seriously had to force myself to listen to all of it. Talk about sucking all fun out of the song. Thankfully at least Rainbow Connection and Mahna Mahna maintained the feel of the original songs. I'll listen to the rest, but I went from "Must buy this!!!!" to "ehhh I'll get around to it" real damn quick >_> .

EDIT: The rest of the album is pretty good, but hotdamn do I hate that first song >_<
    Last edited by Conekiller; August 15th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

You could change the title to something like "It's not easy being a (good) romantic comedy".

Oooh RomComs? Yeah I like those I-Muppets?! o.0

Well this is about as expected as an elephant in the fridge....

*is hooked and keeps reading*
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information