+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: The Muppets

Default Re: The Muppets

His hands look completely wrong for his arms. Good, this is as it should be.
    Complicating things since 2009.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I think Peter Linz is excellent as Robin and Statler in this Facebook Portal commercial. (Still don't care much for Matt Vogel's Kermit, but it's better than his Robin.)

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Ive watched a handful of the Muppets shorts on Disney+. Theyre really cute with very young kids interacting with them. Some of the skits are gild while others are just alright. Some of these kids were clearly very uncomfortable about how to behave in front of the puppet.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

If you to to the Muppets page on Facebook they posted a lovely little video of Kermit quietly singing The Rainbow Connection, just him and his banjo. As a way to support us. God fucking love it.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

You wanna make me cry? That's how you make me cry!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

It's very nice nice but its going to take time to get used to Kermit #3.

I'm sure Matt Vogel will be fine in the years to come, but Steve Whitmire was Kermit basically my entire life. And even Frank Welker sounds more like what I think of as Kermit given his stint on Muppet Babies.

(Of course no one is ever going to touch Jim Henson but that's a given.)
    Last edited by Robby; April 28th, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yay, they posted it!

I think Matt Vogel did a very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Muppet Babies will never see the light of day again because its so loaded down with copyrighted material. Everyone was happy to say yes to Jim Henson, not so much the legacy in syndication and dvd. Plus there's a new CG Muppet Babies now, they're never going to showcase the old one when they have that to push instead..

You can find it online though if you want to watch it again.
    https://www.thewatchcartoononline.tv.../muppet-babies
    is the copyrighted stuff the reason why no one has seen Muppet show season 4-5 ever appear? I saw they got to season 3 on the DVD and haven't seen any of the episodes on DIsney+
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

No, that's just because dvd sales were poor on the first three sets (lack of advertising) and Disney had a hard line threshold on stuff when they were rolling out box sets. Most of the Disney Afternoon only had 2 out of 3 boxes for the longest time. Some may still be incomplete, I'm not sure.

There ARE soem skits and bits even in live action Muppets that might take clearing, song licenses especially, and that may be more cost and effort than they feel its worth... though not as bad as Muppet Babies which will need Disney to own the world even more than they already do.

I still say The Muppets should host the Oscars and/or the Golden Globes and/or The Emmys.

They should but Muppet sets are a pain to setup and do, especially live.

I know its a old video but i love the 60-70s vibe to it with the new voices
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

There ARE soem skits and bits even in live action Muppets that might take clearing, song licenses especially,
    The box sets were edited in the United States for just that reason; among other things, the Jim Nabors and Vincent Price episodes lost their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    is the copyrighted stuff the reason why no one has seen Muppet show season 4-5 ever appear? I saw they got to season 3 on the DVD and haven't seen any of the episodes on DIsney+
    The biggest thing holding back a release of the complete Muppet Show (besides not great sales of the past sets) is that Disney just doesn't aim to appease collectors. That was true then, and it's certainly more true now. Their brand is for families and families are not going to shill out money for that.

Plus, according to Tad Stones, Disney also tended to put out TV series on DVD when they had a slow release month, and needed some filler. That's not a problem they've had for a long time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The box sets were edited in the United States for just that reason; among other things, the Jim Nabors and Vincent Price episodes lost their songs.

The weirdest edits on that set were the removal of some skits in the Joel Gray episode. Music is one thing, but cutting out a Muppet Newsflash is another.

They should but Muppet sets are a pain to setup and do, especially live.
    Can't be any more of a pain than trying to find someone to host it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    The weirdest edits on that set were the removal of some skits in the Joel Gray episode. Music is one thing, but cutting out a Muppet Newsflash is another.
    The New York one being cut was probably an overreaction to 9/11 since that DVD set came out a few years later. From its description, the other Newsflash was probably cut because they considered it too morbid but it might have just been cut simply because they took out the other one.

Possible it had a setup for or some other reference to the cut song though since most of the edits in other episodes were usually because of that.

Speaking of cut songs:

I'll never get tired of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The New York one being cut was probably an overreaction to 9/11 since that DVD set came out a few years later. From its description, the other Newsflash was probably cut because they considered it too morbid but it might have just been cut simply because they took out the other one.

Possible it had a setup for or some other reference to the cut song though since most of the edits in other episodes were usually because of that.
    Given the transcript, that isn't the problem. This no clue what exactly was in the Statler and Waldorf scene after the "Razzle Dazzle" song that caused its removal.

Yeah, from the transcript, I'm guessing it was probably too morbid of a joke for their liking.

Oh, hey.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information