+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muppets

Default Re: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies

Just got back from seeing the movie. I thought it was a pretty great movie.
    Spoiler:
    Jim Parsons cameo made laugh very hard
    And I'll admit I did cried during Rainbow Connection. And I did kinda mark out at The Muppet Show intro during the final parts of the movie begin.

The Muppets did a special segment for Children in Need. I'm sure UK viewers will find this especially hilarious.

I was fairly pleased by the film though I was surprised by the lack of a musical number from Electric Mayhem as well as Steve Martin not showing up after they mentioned him by name.

And people don't know who Uncle Deadly is?

Complicating things since 2009.

*gasp* You're right. There WAS no musical number by Electric Mayhem! Blasphemy!

Considering the sheer number of cut footage, there may have been one that was eliminated by the montage though it would have been without Animal.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Electric Mayhem got in on Kermits song and during Rainbow Connection, but yeah, nothing of their own.

Spoiler:
    They probably should have been the ones who did "We Built This City" instead of just overplaying the original song.

As for cameos, it reeeeally seems like there was probably an extended scene where they approached a bunch of different celebs before settling on kidnapping Jack Black.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Just saw it, I loved it. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who teared up at the Rainbow Connection number... >_>

The movie was awesome, the call backs to the Muppet show were great and I love how the original Studebaker from The Muppet Movie was there when they got Sweetums.

The only part I didn't like was the bad guy's Musical number. The rap element of it didn't fit with the Showtunes in the rest of the movie and it was so short it was just like "Why did you do that?...".

Also, Now I also wish Electric Mayhem had their own number, but they were in it plenty otherwise I thought. I loved their part in Rainbow Connection. I don't know why, but Floyd's rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" from the Muppet Show was one of my favorites, and for some reason I really wanted them to make a call back to it. But I guess that would have been hard to put together.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    The only part I didn't like was the bad guy's Musical number. The rap element of it didn't fit with the Showtunes in the rest of the movie and it was so short it was just like "Why did you do that?....
    Because that song was actually three times longer, included more jokes, and the villain's backstory originally. Its complete on the soundtrack, and will pesumably be restored on the DVD... but his backstory was pretty much cut from the theatrical version. (Both there, and from the ending, are at least two scenes we know of)

Oddly, if it was still a 3 minute song it wouldn't be out of place at all, but as a 30 second song its just too random... since it left out the important verses.

Hidden:

There's like a solid hour of material that was cut apparently. And while we're never going to get all of it (Every movie starts out way longer in the rough cut) we'll hopefully get more of it eventually in deleted scenes or a director's cut.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

If we didn't already know Fox's news channels are full of it, we sure do now. According to Fox Business News, Kermit and the Muppet gang are anti-corporate commies...

REALLY?

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

I want those people dead.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Fuck Fox News, son.

Aren't these the guys who said parents shouldn't buy their kids a DS3? XD I seriously rofled when they suggested about having it be a Obama like enemy.

It's shit like this that ruins things for everyone.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I don't really know too much about American news and politics and all that kinda stuff, but Fox news seems to be full of morons. Am I on the money with that one? I mean, it's the Muppets for cryin' out loud, c'mon!
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    I don't really know too much about American news and politics and all that kinda stuff, but Fox news seems to be full of morons. Am I on the money with that one? I mean, it's the Muppets for cryin' out loud, c'mon!
    I don't know much about them either. But yeah. They seem to be morons. They seem to take vague strands of information, add 2 + 2 and get 27.12
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    It's the general consensus that Fox News is a bunch of idiots. But they are the main media for the Conservatives in the country, so they survive. Idiots.

I want to watch this movie so bad, what the hell were they thinking when they decided to release the movie on February 2012 for the rest of the world?! If they had a worldwide release date for the movie, maybe it would have taken first place on the box office instead of Twilight 4.

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    I want to watch this movie so bad, what the hell were they thinking when they decided to release the movie on February 2012 for the rest of the world?! If they had a worldwide release date for the movie, maybe it would have taken first place on the box office instead of Twilight 4.
    Well in the past few years it's been common for Disney to release their new films in the early part of the year. At least Tangled, Princess and the Frog and Bolt all did it.

I think the idea is that instead of fighting against other things they can release it in a period where it's up against nothing.

Unfortunately for me it's went the other way. Instead of paying to go see it at the Cinema and then buy on Blu-Ray if the option is there I'll just import the American blu-ray since it'll probably be out at the same time as the UK cinema release.

they're probably just mad that the muppets made fun of them

Spoiler:
    see 0:28

at least i think its supposed to be referencing FOX News.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the Blu-Ray is being released March 30th. Also comes with the Soundtrack.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Mu...Blu-ray/35132/

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Dunno if it's been mentioned but the Blu-Ray is being released March 30th. Also comes with the Soundtrack.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Mu...Blu-ray/35132/

SWEET! Already bought the soundtrack and don't really need a digital copy, so I'll probably just get the plain old BR/DVD pack and --
    The Muppets - 2-Disc Combo Pack: $42.49
    Amazon.ca

...Okay, I'm relatively sure the Canadians price will go down. Otherwise, there better be some DAMN GOOD extras/deleted scenes/director's cut in there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information