Closed Thread
Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567
Results 11,321 to 11,336 of 11336

Thread: One Piece Mafia: Part II

Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

(Story some day)

Wooden_Giraffe has died. He was Aisa, the Townie. He had no special abilities.

Town can no longer gain the votes needed to incapacitate the mafia, as the Mafia now match the number of Townies left.

Game Over. Mafia Wins.
    Congratulations to Mrs. Iceburg and trappedolphin.

Whoooooooooooooooooooo~

In spite of the inactivity, I had fun. Thank you to Harvady for keeping me company on the last day. And sorry for calling you a brat here XD
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II all'arrabbiata

Yay! That wasn't all so difficult as initially anticipated. Thanks Bo for hosting and thanks to the other players too.

Though I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the lurking players. If you sign up, you play, and if you can't, you don't.
    This game always runs in function of how many people signed up, so if 7 people sign up but only 4 actually participate, the whole game gets stunted, and frankly, ruined for those who do want to play. It's disrespectful towards the mod who calculates the setup on the number of players, and puts time into sending out PM's and dividing roles. It sucks for other players who want to play, but get very little to work with because of inactivity of other players. I imagine it particularly sucks for active players who get killed/lynched early on, and then have to sit back and watch as activity drops close to zero in the game they would have liked to keep playing.
    I understand that IRL stuff can come in between, and that that's obviously more important than an online game. But next time when you sign up, think about whether or not you will actually be able to take out a bunch of free time to show up and participate. That is all.

Gratz to Mrs. Iceburg and Trapped for winning AND playing. Lynching on Day 3 wasn't good for the Town and I really wanted to see if Iceburg could trick the Town. Iceburg VS Harvady would've been fun.

MVP to Trapped for staying off my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    Yay! That wasn't all so difficult as initially anticipated. Thanks Bo for hosting and thanks to the other players too.

Though I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the lurking players. If you sign up, you play, and if you can't, you don't.
    This game always runs in function of how many people signed up, so if 7 people sign up but only 4 actually participate, the whole game gets stunted, and frankly, ruined for those who do want to play. It's disrespectful towards the mod who calculates the setup on the number of players, and puts time into sending out PM's and dividing roles. It sucks for other players who want to play, but get very little to work with because of inactivity of other players. I imagine it particularly sucks for active players who get killed/lynched early on, and then have to sit back and watch as activity drops close to zero in the game they would have liked to keep playing.
    I understand that IRL stuff can come in between, and that that's obviously more important than an online game. But next time when you sign up, think about whether or not you will actually be able to take out a bunch of free time to show up and participate. That is all.
    This or something like this should be in first post of new Mafia thread!

You lurkers make me hate playing this game. Get this through your heads, you are ruining the game! I know Mrs. Iceburg said all this but I recently read though the game I made and I remember how frustrating it was because of all the lurking. I worked hard on that game and wanted every player to enjoy it but the lurkers took so much fun out of it I decided never host a game here again. Thank goodness the players who actually participated were able to keep it from being a total failure and I thank you for it. And thank you Bogart for taking the time to put this game together.

Yeah, that happened awhile back but this game brought back those feelings.

One Piece Mafia need new players. To anyone reading this whose interested in playing, do it. It's fun. You don't have to post every hour and at this point posting three times every 24 hours is more than enough. You don't have to be a genius and you don't have to be right all the time, just follow your gut and play.

NNID: jervinnectar

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Vote Free: Mrs. Iceburg

Right now the best thing I can think of is to put the person I most think is mafia. Honestly there are not much in the ways of facts or logic behind my #1 suspect. These days it seems like any action can be considered scummy so I found it really hard to judge in recent games unless someone becomes incredibly contradictory. But one consistent thing I've noticed is how rare it is for the mafia to let anyone go by with out at least a little suspicion, so when I see someone who has been generally left alone I become incredibly suspicious.

Vote Lynch: trappedolphin
    The most annoying thing is that whenever I megalurk in a game I'm always able to pinpoint the mafia but by then I've lurked so much that no one give my words any credit. My own fault I guess, sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    The most annoying thing is that whenever I megalurk in a game I'm always able to pinpoint the mafia but by then I've lurked so much that no one give my words any credit. My own fault I guess, sorry guys.
    Yeah you always seem to be the one I can't fool. XD

And thank you Bogart for hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    -Lynching on Day 3 wasn't good for the Town and I really wanted to see if Iceburg could trick the Town. Iceburg VS Harvady would've been fun.
    I was reaally looking forward to this aswell :p But then it was over already.

Can we have the link to the thread you guys had? I'm curious.~

Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Can we have the link to the thread you guys had? I'm curious.~
    Don't think Bogart will mind: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/QfiafLHv4iDc

Not much there. Us being bored with me trying to play head games but I guess she won. She hinted she was the only Mafioso to vote on Day 1, I ended up thinking it was Galaxy.

Here is the dead people QT. As you can see I guess the 2 mafia correctly upon my death. Good thing you killed me, trapped!

I'm kind of surprised trapped was off all your radars. She had this weird obsession with Red Hawk who was 95% confirmed townie the second he "answered" Nectar's original question. Hell even Nectar asking the question was a good sign he was town, though as I wrote in the QT I was still pretty suspicious of him, but in the end the kind of foresight required to ask that question as a mafioso tipped me into suspecting Icy-chan more.

I'm also a little surprised that nobody (including myself) was more worried about the fact that we did need a mafia in the box day 3 to keep the game going. This whole plan of swapping people out in order was actually pretty foolish (should have been purely scum hunting, releasing the least scummy-seeming person in the context of what happened since their lynch, and any reports being merely a bonus) and as we can see here, the town didn't even last long enough to get a report at all. Wooden is one of the only people who I saw expressing (brief) concern for this problem.

Finally, this meta assumption about mafia being on a wagon or lurking seemed risky and I found it curious that so much confidence was placed in it. Oh and lurkers suck.

Psh. You guys always suspect me, ain't no pride in getting it right every so often.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I'm also a little surprised that nobody (including myself) was more worried about the fact that we did need a mafia in the box day 3 to keep the game going. This whole plan of swapping people out in order was actually pretty foolish (should have been purely scum hunting, releasing the least scummy-seeming person in the context of what happened since their lynch, and any reports being merely a bonus) and as we can see here, the town didn't even last long enough to get a report at all. Wooden is one of the only people who I saw expressing (brief) concern for this problem.
    Yeah, when you first described your fifo tactic, I thought it was foolproof. But I hadn't incalculated the fact that 2 boxed Townies count as 2 dead Townies. So in the end, the theory worked in our advantage. It also helped that I was boxed D1, making it unlikely that I actually was Mafia, and that people were legitimately suspicious of Nectar.

It sure was difficult to shut up for almost an entire game... I wasn't allowed to talk here, or in the Maf thread, and then when Nectar came in, I had to stop fooling around in the Hangout thread too :p

Conflict-Constrict-Convict Harvady Alumnus's Avatar

Good fun, despite the lurkers. Thanks to Bogart for hosting.

...and thanks to youse mafia broads fer not killin' me.

I think im sitting out of mafia for a while...

too much unexpected shit happening now that is screwing me up...im sorry if I ruined the game, I honestly wanted to be more vocal, but certain more important things were happening (moving out of my soon to be ex-wife and mine apartment back to my parents, me putting holes through walls because my anger is getting the better of me)...I love the game...but my IRL life came first this time...so sorry for ruining the game...

ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    Good fun, despite the lurkers. Thanks to Bogart for hosting.

...and thanks to youse mafia broads fer not killin' me.
    You're welcome :P I actually wanted people to vote so I could get Iceburg out faster, so killing you wouldn't really have been in my favour. haha. Plus I didn't want to be all alone here :(

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post

too much unexpected shit happening now that is screwing me up...im sorry if I ruined the game, I honestly wanted to be more vocal, but certain more important things were happening (moving out of my soon to be ex-wife and mine apartment back to my parents, me putting holes through walls because my anger is getting the better of me)...I love the game...but my IRL life came first this time...so sorry for ruining the game...

ciao
    Take care Shushu dear, I hope things get better soon. :/ And you weren't the biggest lurker so don't blame yourself. *hugs*

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    Yeah, when you first described your fifo tactic, I thought it was foolproof. But I hadn't incalculated the fact that 2 boxed Townies count as 2 dead Townies. So in the end, the theory worked in our advantage. It also helped that I was boxed D1, making it unlikely that I actually was Mafia, and that people were legitimately suspicious of Nectar.
    This, yeah. XD I was rather surprised when I realised that the "foolproof" plan would work out for us. I think Woody and I both brought up small counterarguments to it on Day 1, but they were pretty much ignored and I quickly shut up lol.

This was a REALLY interesting setup though. Definitely made everything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Here is the dead people QT. As you can see I guess the 2 mafia correctly upon my death. Good thing you killed me, trapped!

I'm kind of surprised trapped was off all your radars. She had this weird obsession with Red Hawk who was 95% confirmed townie the second he "answered" Nectar's original question. Hell even Nectar asking the question was a good sign he was town, though as I wrote in the QT I was still pretty suspicious of him, but in the end the kind of foresight required to ask that question as a mafioso tipped me into suspecting Icy-chan more.

Finally, this meta assumption about mafia being on a wagon or lurking seemed risky and I found it curious that so much confidence was placed in it. Oh and lurkers suck.
    Wow! I was so distracted on Day 2 I didn't connect those dots. Just ignored Trapp's suspicions as a bad Townie deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post

ciao
    Least you have an excuse. We're all rooting for you buddy!

If everyones okay with it i'll go make the new thread in a bit.

PM me or whatever if you want anything specific in it that i won't have posted.

Closed Thread

Thread Information