Closed Thread
Page 565 of 567 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 11336

Thread: One Piece Mafia: Part II

  1. #11281

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: I assume you mean Day Three

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    This is exactly the train of thought I had. Naturally, the same is true from my perspective. What I do know, is that, if either of us go into the box, the other will be spared the mafia's kill as we perpetuate suspicion on each other. Not the worst trade. If the mafia does kill one of us, it also works in our favor, as the remaining people on the Iceburg wagon are eliminated.

    As for Shuhan, I would certainly say that he deserves the box. But his fascination with it naturally makes me hesitate. The fact that he voted himself when I asked for votes means that he's not willing/ready to pursue anyone. I don't have to explain why that is such a red flag. His actions don't make sense for town or mafia. Even my first suspect, Galaxy, was worthy of being voted. His constant defensiveness his a big hindrance, and he has not contributed.

    What actually bothers me is why Mrs. Iceburg got voted for getting on my wagon. Foolio was town, so his intentions were pure. It just supports the belief that mafia was present.

    That would be the most logical step. The best course is to pursue the active partner, because as it stands, the lurker partner doesn't make for a good hunt.

    ________________________________________

    If we are just going to cross-vote, Nectar, I'm going to hold off on voting for a while. The day's only just begun, after all. In the meantime, we should trade opinions on the rest of town, in order to determine the lurker among mafia.
    From what I got from Foolio dying, the Mafia are after active players, easy win that way. That means the last standing active player is Mafia or both members are lurkers. I'm saying this because I want everyone to know how they're most likely trying to win so we can counteract that. Can the Mafia trip us up by killing lurkers? Yes, but that would give us the advantage. So, is keeping Townie Nectar or Townie Harvady alive
    worth risk losing? Let me just say to the Mafia, YES, you will be shooting yourself in the foot keeping us alive. This is basically an open letter to the Mafia to continue on the kill active player course or you'll be busted by one of us.

    With Day 2 decided between Harvady and me and the one who doesn't get boxed dying, I'm focusing on Day 3. If the mafia kill the non-boxed Harv or Nec, RELEASE MRS. ICEBURG! That should be obvious but I want to be clear that should be done.

    That being said, whoever goes in the box today will be the one getting outted first. So...

    Wooden Giraffe: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Trap: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Shuhan: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Red: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Galaxy: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Harvady: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?


    My answer is Harvady with Wooden being second.

    Is this under the assumption that Iceburg was mafia or town? (Or does it not matter?)
    Both. Either way, the Mafia will look like they're helping.

  2. #11282
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    I'd like to know why im crushing your soul this time Harvady, but I guess I wouldn't be doing my job unless I disappoint someone. I've made my intentions clear from the get go, the only person I trust to glean any info from the box is myself.

    Its nice that Nectar is deciding to go after Harvady since im obviously next on his hit list, why he's not pressing me is an interesting question that I wouldn't mind having answered.

    Harvady seems intent on getting people to vote right away, although he explained his actions at least well enough for me to see he just wants the town to get off our collective asses.

    I got a few more notes but I just woke up, ill post them in a few

  3. #11283

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: I assume you mean Day Three

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post

    Galaxy: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    I want to know Harvady's alignment. He's my only playing suspect at this time.

    Miss Iceburg is my second choice. Something just seemed off about her on the previous day.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  4. #11284

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: I assume you mean Day Three

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post

    Its nice that Nectar is deciding to go after Harvady since im obviously next on his hit list, why he's not pressing me is an interesting question that I wouldn't mind having answered.
    Harvady targeting me distracted me and I'm trying to develop a plan since I'll most likely be boxed or killed soon. Also, Harvady seems to be leaning on you being Town so if I get his alignment I'll know whether or not he's just protecting you.

    Now let me ask you this: Do you think Mrs. Iceburg should be released first? Are you, on Day 2, still willing to be boxed? Keep in mind, at this point the person getting boxed today will be outted.

  5. #11285
    Conflict-Constrict-Convict Harvady Alumnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Ocean

    Default One Piece Mafia: Wagons will come.

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    This is a good theory. It sounds great. But what in this game has given you the idea that this theory applies here? I'm genuinely curious, actually. Our past few games have had double-lurker mafia, and we've had games where all the mafia members were active.
    This theory works best in a 'vanilla' game. Nine players, no more than two powers. The setup is contained enough to where mafia can split up but still be caught.

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Both you and Neccie have already brought up that this is interchangeably valid for both of you. I agree with this line of argument. It'll take some time switching you guys around but this seems like a decent plan to KIV for now.
    I'm currently working under the pretense that Mrs. Iceburg is town. If she's mafia, then it would more likely mean that me and Nectar are both town.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Harvady: Whose alignment do you want to know most? Second person you want to know?
    Mrs. Iceburg followed by trappedolphin.

    Mrs. Iceburg would prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt, your alignment. No one else is connected enough to make a similar deduction. trappedolphin is tied for the least votes, so she is more of a mystery to me than the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    I'd like to know why im crushing your soul this time Harvady, but I guess I wouldn't be doing my job unless I disappoint someone. I've made my intentions clear from the get go, the only person I trust to glean any info from the box is myself.
    That's fair, but the box is our lynch. If you are town, you don't want to waste town's opportunity to lynch mafia. If you're mafia, going into the box is the only way that you'd lose. It seems counter-intuitive to your win condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Harvady targeting me distracted me and I'm trying to develop a plan since I'll most likely be boxed or killed soon.
    When I initiated this confrontation between us I knew that I'd be essentially giving lurkers a free ride for the day. But town's best shot is getting a mafia in the box before D3, where we'd hit a theoretical LYLO. Without at least one right lynch, we'll never even see a report.

  6. #11286
    Spoilers and Mafia. Bogart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the East, west of the West

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Vote Count: With seven alive it takes four to lynch.
    Red Hawk [1]: trappedolphin
    Nectar [2]: Harvady Alumnus, Shuhan
    Shuhan [1]: Nectar
    Not Voting: Red Hawk, Galaxy 9000,Wooden Giraffe
    Last edited by Bogart; October 3rd, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

  7. #11287

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Trapped, I removed my vote because Harvady explained himself. I'm quite confused about this, however. Since Miss Iceburg was lynched, she's dead, right? Or is she boxed in? These rules are quite confusing.

    The alignment that I would like to know the most is Harvady Alumnus and the second is the trappeddolphin. Harvady seems to be replacing Foolioo in good discussions but something seems off. I can't say. As for trappeddolphin, you voted for me purely on my actions which is kinda sketchy.

    As for now, I will put no vote until I am certain

  8. #11288

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Harvady, then Woody. The former because I generally agree that there was most likely one mafia on the Iceburg wagon yesterday; it's nearly interchangeable with Nectar for now though. Woody because he seems to be posting just enough to not be lurker. His posts are meaningful but it's hard to glean a strong vibe from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Trapped, I removed my vote because Harvady explained himself. I'm quite confused about this, however. Since Miss Iceburg was lynched, she's dead, right? Or is she boxed in? These rules are quite confusing.

    The alignment that I would like to know the most is Harvady Alumnus and the second is the trappeddolphin. Harvady seems to be replacing Foolioo in good discussions but something seems off. I can't say. As for trappeddolphin, you voted for me purely on my actions which is kinda sketchy.

    As for now, I will put no vote until I am certain
    No one who gets lynched is completely dead, in the sense that they can be released if two people are in there and we want to lynch another.

    Uhhh you think I'm sketchy because I voted for you based on your actions? Assuming that's true, people's actions ARE one of the things we use to scumhunt. What do you suggest we vote based on, if not the things that people do and say?

    And certain of what? That was a pretty filler post.

    -----

    Shushu, would you be willing to vote for Harvady or Nectar to get boxed in today? What do you think about the disadvantages of boxing in an active player versus a less active one? (This is a question. I'm not suggesting an alternative plan now.)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Trapped, I removed my vote because Harvady explained himself.
    Sorry, could you be more specific? Did you vote for Harvady because you thought him requesting votes was suspicious or because you wanted him to explain?
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

  9. #11289

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post

    Sorry, could you be more specific? Did you vote for Harvady because you thought him requesting votes was suspicious or because you wanted him to explain?
    I voted Harvady because his request for votes were out of the ordinary. However, his explanation was good enough to explain his request.

  10. #11290

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    There are other questions in my post, if you would please. :)
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

  11. #11291

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    I'd like to know why im crushing your soul this time Harvady, but I guess I wouldn't be doing my job unless I disappoint someone. I've made my intentions clear from the get go, the only person I trust to glean any info from the box is myself.

    Its nice that Nectar is deciding to go after Harvady since im obviously next on his hit list, why he's not pressing me is an interesting question that I wouldn't mind having answered.

    Harvady seems intent on getting people to vote right away, although he explained his actions at least well enough for me to see he just wants the town to get off our collective asses.

    I got a few more notes but I just woke up, ill post them in a few
    I answered your question but you never answered mine. "In a few", huh? Seems like your stalling. Here's another question: Do you read every post before posting yourself? If not, why?

    Btw, If you only post again to jump on a wagon Wooden I will not be happy with you.

  12. #11292
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Harvady targeting me distracted me and I'm trying to develop a plan since I'll most likely be boxed or killed soon. Also, Harvady seems to be leaning on you being Town so if I get his alignment I'll know whether or not he's just protecting you.

    Now let me ask you this: Do you think Mrs. Iceburg should be released first? Are you, on Day 2, still willing to be boxed? Keep in mind, at this point the person getting boxed today will be outted.
    If it is the will of the town, Iceburg could be released first...but if I were boxed with her, I'd still feel the same way. And today? My vote speaks volumes for how I feel about being boxed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    That's fair, but the box is our lynch. If you are town, you don't want to waste town's opportunity to lynch mafia. If you're mafia, going into the box is the only way that you'd lose. It seems counter-intuitive to your win condition.
    It may be counter-intuitive, but the chance to use a cop-like ability would be very beneficial coupled with scum hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Shushu, would you be willing to vote for Harvady or Nectar to get boxed in today? What do you think about the disadvantages of boxing in an active player versus a less active one? (This is a question. I'm not suggesting an alternative plan now.)
    I'd be more inclined to vote Nectar if I wanted to vote someone other than me. If we box in an active player, be they mafia or town, it could cripple our town until they were freed. Mainly because talking gets slip ups and like Harvady said before, if we are stagnent, then it could only hurt the town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I answered your question but you never answered mine. "In a few", huh? Seems like your stalling. Here's another question: Do you read every post before posting yourself? If not, why?

    Btw, If you only post again to jump on a wagon Wooden I will not be happy with you.
    I apologize for not answering in a timely matter, I had another game to think about at the moment and had to work on that one a little more. However, my answer is in this post for ya. as for your question now, I don't think I have to answer that. Oh and until I am satisfied, I won't change my vote...but I would love to tick Woody off~

    And so here is my second bit of notes:

    Red Hawk: Simply put, a follower, not a scum hunter. His vote today give into this notion. He has yet to show a mind of his own.

    Trappy: just asked a few questions so she is making somewhat of an effort, but what she has planned is yet to be seen.

    Gotta refresh myself on Woody and Galaxy's posts to really get them.

  13. #11293

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    About 35 hours left.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

  14. #11294
    Conflict-Constrict-Convict Harvady Alumnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Ocean

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    If it is the will of the town, Iceburg could be released first...but if I were boxed with her, I'd still feel the same way. And today? My vote speaks volumes for how I feel about being boxed.

    It may be counter-intuitive, but the chance to use a cop-like ability would be very beneficial coupled with scum hunting.
    It comes to this:
    If I think you're town, then why would I waste a lynch on you?
    If I think you're mafia, then why would I ever let you out?

    What possible benefit is there for town to go along with this plan?

    Vote Lynch: Nectar

  15. #11295

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    If it is the will of the town, Iceburg could be released first...but if I were boxed with her, I'd still feel the same way. And today? My vote speaks volumes for how I feel about being boxed.
    You aren't making sense. You KNOW the person we box today will be outted and you're wasting it on yourself? You are causing confusion.


    It may be counter-intuitive, but the chance to use a cop-like ability would be very beneficial coupled with scum hunting.
    The chance to use a cop-like abilty efficiently would be very beneficial. If you are Town, you are knowing wasting a cop report on yourself. You're better than that, you understand what's going on, you have no excuse.


    I'd be more inclined to vote Nectar if I wanted to vote someone other than me. If we box in an active player, be they mafia or town, it could cripple our town until they were freed. Mainly because talking gets slip ups and like Harvady said before, if we are stagnent, then it could only hurt the town.
    The person getting boxed Today will be outted! This is a critical lynch!


    I apologize for not answering in a timely matter, I had another game to think about at the moment and had to work on that one a little more. However, my answer is in this post for ya. as for your question now, I don't think I have to answer that. Oh and until I am satisfied, I won't change my vote...but I would love to tick Woody off~
    You voted for Mrs. Iceburg when you didn't need to on Day One so you weren't counting votes. And you seem to be skimming post Today too.

    Here's what I think: You are the Mafioso that's supposed to offer himself as the Cop to the Town to gain trust but that doesn't work on Day 2. The Town has made a point to explain how important this Day is and you're still playing the self-sacrifice card?

    Unvote
    Vote Lynch: Shuhan


    You should've thought your role out more.

  16. #11296

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Galaxy, Red Hawk, and Woody have not yet voted. Are you guys planning to vote today? Do you intend to help town get a lynch today? Right now four names have been brought up as possibilities or as votes: Harvady, Nectar, Shushu, and Red Hawk. Planning to join one of these wagons?
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

  17. #11297
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    And now I'm fully satisfied

    unvote
    Vote Lynch: Nectar


    You are easily distracted when people seem to be protecting people, that's not like you. When you claim to have someone on your list, you never let go, but you let me go for a little while to try and cast probable doubt, playing two fields.

    out of the possible people that could be mafia, you seem to me to be a perfect "active" townie.

    there is a reason I outed myself as a ninny...but I thank you for giving me more credit than I actually deserve.

  18. #11298

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    And now I'm fully satisfied

    unvote
    Vote Lynch: Nectar


    You are easily distracted when people seem to be protecting people, that's not like you. When you claim to have someone on your list, you never let go, but you let me go for a little while to try and cast probable doubt, playing two fields.

    out of the possible people that could be mafia, you seem to me to be a perfect "active" townie.

    there is a reason I outed myself as a ninny...but I thank you for giving me more credit than I actually deserve.
    As for not acting the way I used to, you're right. I don't play the exact same way I did especially with a smaller game like this. You were never my only suspect, just my top at the time. Then it became Harvady VS Me and that's fine because the longer we live the bigger the chance one of us is scum and the one boxed gets cleared or busted. Then you came back on top for continuing to self-lynch, a scummy thing to do when you know it's important to box a Mafioso on Day 2.

    But, this was all a trap right? The ole Act Scummy And Get Lynched Trick? Lynch this guy people.

  19. #11299
    Conflict-Constrict-Convict Harvady Alumnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Ocean

    Default One Piece Mafia: I know how this looks, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Galaxy, Red Hawk, and Woody have not yet voted. Are you guys planning to vote today? Do you intend to help town get a lynch today? Right now four names have been brought up as possibilities or as votes: Harvady, Nectar, Shushu, and Red Hawk. Planning to join one of these wagons?
    We have less than 24 hours left. I honestly didn't expect more than two wagons today, but so be it.

    trappedolphin, I thought you weren't trying to scatter the wagons. If this an extended gambit, then I don't know who it was meant for. With only one-third of our time left, I'm just going to ask for votes again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    But, this was all a trap right? The ole Act Scummy And Get Lynched Trick? Lynch this guy people.
    Nectar, I don't know what kind of scheme Shuhan's running, but I won't be deviating from my initial plan. If he does somehow end up in the box, I'll make you a deal to keep him in there. I would still prefer you today, though.

    One reason for this, is due to the worst-case scenario that comes to mind. You see, the ideal for the mafia is to have both players outside the box on D3 to force LYLO.

    However, this mechanic allows mafia the chance to regain a partner, and it allows town the chance to undo a Mislynch. The best way for mafia to utilize this, is to have one of them be lynched on D1:

    Day One: Mrs. Iceburg is boxed, Foolio dies. = 1:6 ratio
    Day Two: Villager is boxed, Villager dies. = 1:4 ratio
    Day Three: Villager is boxed, Mrs. Iceburg is unboxed, Villager dies = 2:2 ratio

    This scenario means that on D1, Mrs. Iceburg was thrown under the bus with the intent of being brought back on N3. The people who voted her were as follows:

    Nectar, Foolio, Harvady Alumnus, Mrs. Iceburg, Wooden_Giraffe.

    I hated that Mrs. Iceburg had to vote herself, but when I thought about it, there was the possibility that it was planned this way. A very small possibility mind you.

    Foolio dies, I know it isn't me, that leaves Nectar and Wooden. Wooden hammered, but Nectar started the wagon. This plan requires initiative, meaning that the earlier vote is more likely the partner.

    If I'm wrong about them, I can rule out this scenario, guaranteeing that they aren't mafia together.

    If I'm right about them, we win.

  20. #11300

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Ugh, Red Hawk still hasn't replied. Then forget my pressurevote, sorry guys. I've been wanting to lay down a vote on Harvady according to the plan. But now Nectar has switched to Shushu so I'd still be scattering the wagon =.=

    I don't really feel like voting for Nectar, who has been actively trying to scumhunt in the midst of everything. So I'm willing to vote for either Shushu or Harvady. More inclined towards the first now...

    Unvote

    Vote lynch: Shuhan


    I'm still going to be around to change my vote if necessary. We HAVE to achieve a lynch today, guys.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Sorry... I didn't quite see that Nectar has the most votes on him now. With the time we have left, I guess this is the most efficient.

    Unvote

    Vote lynch: Nectar


    L-1, so make sure you say everything you have to guys
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts