+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sket Dance.

Default Sket Dance.

Is there really no topic for this? There have been lots of mentions in other topics, but since the anime has recently started and all, figured there has to be an official Sket topic too.

I've been reading it for a long time and enjoyed it a lot. Basically about a group of people who help others in their high school, no matter what the problem is. Lots of weird humor, quirky situations and even some very sad parts (not kidding here!) There's not really any discrimination here, I recommend Sket to ALL.

For a while I thought it isn't really popular, since scanlations tend to come a bit slow and irregular, but lately Sket is fairly high placed on the SJ! polls.

Also been watching the new anime, which so far is a fairly faithful adaptation. Granted, it's been a while since I read those early chapters, suppose I gotta read 'em again at some point.

Default Re: Sket Dance.

One of the best manga in WSJ right now. And that is a fact.

I just finished reading the crossover with Gintama. They sure wasted no time in tearing down the fourth wall.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

That was actually more enjoyable than the other crossovers so far. Just the mix of breaking the 4th wall and other humor did a really good job.

Ha all that fourth wall breaking was crazy hilarious. The new proper chapter that came out was pretty hilarious too especially the ending.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D:

XD

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    One of the best manga in WSJ right now. And that is a fact.
    This. Totally.

Is this manga good? Because I've heard good things about it, but I don't know if it's really my thing.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

If you like manga with godly awesome flashbacks, Sket Dance will not disappoint you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Is this manga good? Because I've heard good things about it, but I don't know if it's really my thing.
    To be honest, the manga has the the biggest quality inconsistency in Jump.
    It will jump from downright retarded to godly awesome and back and forth.

The feel of it is almost exactly Gintama, so you can use that a measuring stick to judge if it's for you or not.
    The "serious" chapters in this manga are some of the BEST chapters to grace Jump in years though.
    So I would recommend sticking with it.

inb4 Momokaismywaifu posts.

Are there any weird looking people in this series ?

Y'all know, a series has to at least have a four armed man fighting with a straw to hook me in. ;)

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

The anime adaption has been really good so far.
    Like Gintama, I actually think the anime is better in quite a few respects.

This manga is awesome. The flashbacks of the trio are some of the best I have ever read in any form of entertainment medium.

Is it really that good? Dammit, another manga to catch up with.

I'm starting it as soon as I'm done with Toriko!

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Are there any weird looking people in this series ?

Y'all know, a series has to at least have a four armed man fighting with a straw to hook me in. ;)
    In looks no.
    In personality?

FUCK YES

Hmm, I dunno.

I personaly look for the bizarre myself.

Well there are the chapters about Roman's manga, Tsubaki's manga is also a bizarre one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And like TLS said, the new released chapter was great, those last pages were pure Sket Dance madness.

I love the hell out of this series. At times hilarious beyond belief, and at times super-serious and heart-wrenching. Similar to Gintama in many regards.

But yeah, it is a gag manga. Very few real "battles", though I want to see Bossun go head-to-head with the Student Council president again.

Weird looking characters?

I suppose Jason-san might count somewhat.

But yeah, this really is an absolutely fantastic series and I love it to the core. The first flashback tore at my heartstrings...well they all have but the first took me completely off guard.

I was wanting to start reading it but after reading this thread, I'm definitely going to catch it up soon, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Takaho View Post
    The first flashback tore at my heartstrings...well they all have but the first took me completely off guard.
    I wonder how they're gonna pull off the surprise in the anime, now that we know the voices.
    They may use a different voice actor since... you know, technically his voice is synthesized.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I wonder how they're gonna pull off the surprise in the anime, now that we know the voices.
    They may use a different voice actor since... you know, technically his voice is synthesized.
    I haven't thought about that actually : o

Spoiler:
    I suppose as they are brothers, the voices might be able to taken as just similar due to them being family...yeah as his voice isn't technically his own we might be fine.

I hope they don't spoil it, or else the flashback loses all of its power

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information