Closed Thread
Page 226 of 501 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 10003

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Hello Darkness my old friend

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: The divorce will be hardest on Ichigo

Explaining abilities usually won't harm the outcome of the fights when done properly. But the way Kubo uses it is so that the one hearing the explanations could flip the table instantly, speeding the story up cuz there's simply not enough panels for battle of wits.

Askin's ability is unfair. There's nothing sort of requirements, limitations not even working process of said ability. All he needed to do was "Lick shit and there be lethal dose of shit". There was no other way to make the fight winnable besides making Askin spell his own doom and trigger enemy's cheat move.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

some of these fights are trying too hard to be like hunter x hunter imo

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    Explaining abilities usually won't harm the outcome of the fights when done properly. But the way Kubo uses it is so that the one hearing the explanations could flip the table instantly, speeding the story up cuz there's simply not enough panels for battle of wits.
    The big problem is when you explain the entirety of the ability, even its weakness, before the opponent is even kaput. Just saying "Oh I do this" then well, that's just trying to build up swagger, but that's about it.

Askin's ability is unfair. There's nothing sort of requirements, limitations not even working process of said ability. All he needed to do was "Lick shit and there be lethal dose of shit". There was no other way to make the fight winnable besides making Askin spell his own doom and trigger enemy's cheat move.
    "I read up this neat idea on wikipedia! Better throw it in my manga somewhere"

Not wanting to sound like I'm defending this miserable pile of shit chapter, but wasn't the "lethal substance" which dose got altered actually the blood itself? If so, replacing the haxxed blood with fresh one should do the trick alright.

Though, what kind of disease Askin actually inflicted to the Blabbermouth dude by doing what he did? Hypertension? Leukemia? Polycythemia Vera?
    I think it was not the substance, but the body´s tolerance to a certain substance.

Not sure though, and I refuse to read this shit again.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, the licking was part of the ability? I had no idea...

Holy craaaaaaap I'm sick of new abilities on new characters I don't care abouttttt why am I even keeping up with blech whyyyyyyy
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    The big problem is when you explain the entirety of the ability, even its weakness, before the opponent is even kaput.
    Again, not to sound like I'm defending the shit, but Askin probably thought that the only way for his enemy to counter it was to bleed out, which should have killed him anyway. He just didn't know that instant reishi blood transfusion existed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Oh, the licking was part of the ability? I had no idea...
    He did lick blood before activating his stuff, hence the chapter title. I dunno whose, maybe his own because licking the enemy's blood to inflict curse is copyrighted by Hidan.

Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.
    Everything's Eventual...

Again, not to sound like I'm defending the shit, but Askin probably thought that the only way for his enemy to counter it was to bleed out, which should have killed him anyway. He just didn't know that instant reishi blood transfusion existed.

He did lick blood before activating his stuff, hence the chapter title. I dunno whose, maybe his own because licking the enemy's blood to inflict curse is copyrighted by Hidan.
    Even still. They knew where they were going. Why underestimate your opponent that much? Any named solider being the Soul King's guard you'd think should be extremely powerful. The cockiness of Kubo's characters is completely stupid and it happens every time. And the 0 squad didn't exactly leave the area. If Captain Hiphop failed there was still others standing around.

playing a little cardgame Admiral Issho's Avatar

But didn't the swordguy Point out that he should have Known because he was watching from ywach's shadow all the Time?
    all credits to benjamminbrown

Came to the bleach thread expecting blank pages with no black.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Big problem with Kubo is he's making such vague abilities that a number of them would be impossible for characters to deduce by themselves, without explanation for the most part. That, and Kubo seems to lack imagination. Askin would've been a perfect matchup with Mayuri. Mayuri uses the arrancar to attack him. From analyzing what happens, he deduces the ability of Askin. From there it becomes a battle of who can give a lethal dose to each other first. Mayuri gets close to dying, but with a special mixture of his own poison that Askin can't analyze, he barely scrapes through. See Kubo, even though that scenario isn't great, it's still tons better than what you gave us.

Everyone seems to have a secondary D ability, or Askins actual primary ability, diarrhea of the mouth. Let me talk about every single aspect of my ability, and if there is still time, blab about my backstory to give the enemy time to figure out a counter attack. Let me also warn him about not being to go lucky with the countermeasure, because that would kill him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Even still. They knew where they were going. Why underestimate your opponent that much? Any named solider being the Soul King's guard you'd think should be extremely powerful.
    True enough. It seemed to me that Askin was just delaying his death with his haxxed power to at least try taking Blabbermouth down along with him. I don't want to re-read just to confirm that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Issho View Post
    But didn't the swordguy Point out that he should have Known because he was watching from ywach's shadow all the Time?
    I think Kirinji only used his hot piss water that drains out blood against Yhwach copy-paste army, not the one with healing property (replaces blood and shit).

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Two Reasons:

1. "Bleach" as in, Ichigo is cleansing and purifying the souls of Hollows
    2. It's Kubo's favorite Nirvana album
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathborn View Post
    3. Kubo's method to draw backgrounds (and write plot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    4. I think Ichigo's hair was once described as "bleached"( Not sure how accurate)
    5. It's poetic
    6.Kubo has been drinking Bleach which is why the storyline and backgrounds kept getting worse after the soul society arc.
    7.Kubo keeps knocking over his bottle of bleach over the chapter pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Holy craaaaaaap I'm sick of new abilities on new characters I don't care abouttttt why am I even keeping up with blech whyyyyyyy
    Because it's always fun watching a train wreck happen in slow motion.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    Came to the bleach thread expecting blank pages with no black.
    This is the new boss in Bleach lol!
    Spoiler:

After imagination powers, I don't feel Askin's power is that bad, just that Zero Squad gangsta's counter made no sense.

Also, why couldn't Kubo name his power The Dose instead of The Death Dealing?

Was Juha's mustache always that big?

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.
    Lmao, that's the first time I felt like wanting to put a quote in my sig. You mind?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Was Juha's mustache always that big?
    I think it grows every time a Quncy dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think it grows every time a Quncy dies.
    The sad part is that there's a good chance that this'll actually be a Kubo thing to happen, in the same vein of Bach looking just like Not!Zangetsu

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    The sad part is that there's a good chance that this'll actually be a Kubo thing to happen, in the same vein of Bach looking just like Not!Zangetsu
    Well Hasch said he dispersed his soul everywhere in the battlefield and every death, from Quincy or Shinigami, just makes him stronger.

What I don't get it is what's in it for Bach's loyal servants? Unless they are really in on Bach's plan and are happy to die to make him stronger because he's going to revive them all when he becomes Soul King with foot long mustaches.

Closed Thread

Thread Information