+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Index page

Default Index page

I think apforums.net should lead us to the forums page and not to News. I understand it's important for the staff to make sure people read all you need to explain but I think it could be better if you create a visual efect for the news tab that people understand like "there are news in the news setion".

Default Re: Index page

I don't understand why so many people hate being led to the news section first. It's helpful, because I, and many other people, I'd assume, might often overlook the news tab. Being led directly to the news tab would ensure that people stay updated. Plus, it's not at all a hassle to click on the "Forums" tab or the banner at the top to be led to the forums.

One thing I'd like to have is an indey of staff one could find more easily.

Link the main page to a picture of me.

If its that much of an issue, you can always change your bookmarks to go straight to the forums.

Otherwise, it IS just a button click. Right now the front is basically just the April Fools explanation and the software updates, but it'll include announcements like "the chapter is out" which is something people like to know, and other news items you might otherwise miss. It also has the tag cloud, which for the moment mostly says "Naruto Sucks" but that'll be expanding into a better resource in the weeks to come too.

Give it a couple weeks to grow into what it will be, instead of the blank slate it is right now. You'll start to appreciate and like it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    One thing I'd like to have is an indey of staff one could find more easily.
    Under "quick links" in the top bar, there is a "view site leaders' tab, that should have exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Robby; April 9th, 2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: front page also has a handy calender, which I like
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

"Naruto Sucks" should just be the default tag for every announcement.

Viewing site leaders is also at the bottom of the forum main page.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Under "quick links" in the top bar, there is a "view site leaders' tab, that should have exactly what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer-zero View Post
    Viewing site leaders is also at the bottom of the forum main page.
    That actually helped me 'cause half the people on that list I didn't even know were moderators and whatnot...

the difference in name color also denotes what level of moderator/admin powers they are/have

It's hard to fight someone with an avatar of Elmo <3..

But as Robby said, you can just save your Bookmark to send you straight to the forum. Same purpose. Problem solved.

Personally, I like the news page. They've actually been updating with news, and I HAVE been using the tag menu on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Link the main page to a picture of me.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...o-styles-1.jpg
    I won't fight this.

Thanks RobbyBevard and Insider2000 for your answer.

What about me?

I helped too right?

I guess we should put the article you want to read out of this magazine on the cover instead, right? The news page is awesome and it helps to keep users informed and aware of things they might not be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucklepants Fallupface View Post
    I guess we should put the article you want to read out of this magazine on the cover instead, right? The news page is awesome and it helps to keep users informed and aware of things they might not be aware.
    Awfull comparation. This is apforums not apnews and this is how it has been until April 1st. I think it's more practical the old way but I can understand why the owners made it like that. They already said that the news page is gonna improve the next weeks so I have been satisfied with this.

Quote Originally Posted by enther View Post
    Awfull comparation.
    No, that's actually a pretty accurate comparison.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; April 10th, 2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Awful has 1 L! 1!!! comparation?what is that? /grammar rant. Okay I'm done.

My english level is low. But comparation exists and awfull it's a google translator mistake. When I cheked english to spanish awfull it gave me "espantoso" which is a look a like word of awful in spanish.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comparation

Quote Originally Posted by enther View Post
    My english level is low. But comparation exists
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comparation
    I've never seen "comparation" used in my lifetime.

That website says "see comparison" because comparation is a word that was created and used in the late 15th century, most likely into the 16th and 17th, but (from what I can tell) is not used anymore.

It's like constantly using "thou" instead of "you".

But, hey. If that floats thy boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    I've never seen "comparation" used in my lifetime.
    ...pretty sure you just did. At least, I just did. That "comparare" word that it's supposedly based on is still new to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    ...pretty sure you just did.

Touchè.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information