+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tags

Default Tags

One of the new features this upgrade has brought us is the tags feature. It helps when it comes to searching for things that fall into a certain category, that the typical search function might not, particularly if threads have weird titles.

I've been going through and adding some tags as they occur to me on some of the more active threads that I visit, (most prominently the "Naruto Sucks" one, which I'm rather fond of), but obviously this sort of thing is just going to take time to build up a database for, and for the time being, only mods can add tags to help avoid abuse and mislabeling. I've mostly only been hitting the video games and anime section so far because there's a lot of overlap in there. There will eventually be a ton of OP related tags I'm sure, but its a little difficult to judge how much of a topic needs to deal with a thing before it should be tagged accordingly.

BUT! You guys can help out. If there's something that often carries over into multiple threads and multiple subjects that comes up often, (franchises with multiple offshoots especially) and you think a few threads should get a nice convenient tag to help out in the future, let me know in this thread.

Links to whatever threads you think need a tag would be helpful too, since if I have to hunt for them or can't find them, its not helping anybody. Currently running threads are more important right now I think, but if there's a particularly memorable old thread of some importance, that'd be good to mention too.

I won't guarantee speedy updating on anything and everything thats suggested, but I'll try to put aside some time over the next few days to get it fleshed out a bit more, especially if there's a lot of reccomendations.

Current tags include
    -april fools
    -bleach
    -capcom
    -fighting games
    -i blame robby
    -jinbe
    -naruto sucks
    -news
    -one piece resource
    -pokemon
    -rpg
    -sing along
    -sonic the hedgehog
    -sports
    -square/enix
    -taboo added an effin tag
    -updates
    -upgrades
    -weekly chapter
    -yu-gi-oh!
    Last edited by Robby; April 8th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Re: Tags

-yu-gi-oh! <--- wtf who added that?

It has like 3 different topics in the first couple pages of the other manga/anime section, 4 different animes, plus all the ongoing 4Kids news.

Like I said, stuff that has multiple distinct threads dedicated to it is what I'm mostly trying to target for now.
    Last edited by Robby; April 8th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    -i blame robby
    Isn't that sort of redundant?

I'm not responsible for *everything* that goes horribly awry...

It's all your fault Robbo.

I just spilled coffee on myself.

Maybe some more One Piece related tags.

I'm not responsible for *everything* that goes horribly awry...
    I don't blame you for Sonic the Hedgehog and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

You make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    It's all your fault Robbo.

I just spilled coffee on myself.
    *holds onto a wet towel*

I'll get that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Maybe some more One Piece related tags.
    Yes, but what? Can't really go labelling every OP related thread with "One Piece", or "Luffy" when it has entire sections dedicated to it, and its going to come up casually in almost any topic here. I threw up a "Jinbe" tag because there's one thread focusing really heavily on him right now that doesn't specifically say it in the title.

Like I said, looking for ideas.

I just added "one piece resource" to a couple threads that tend to be informative and genuine info-heavy.

It has like 3 different topics in the first page of the other manga/anime section, 4 different animes, plus all the ongoing 4Kids news.

Like I said, stuff that has multiple distinct threads dedicated to it is what I'm mostly trying to target for now.
    Jesus I guess I never realized people still talked about that, aside from 4kids being killed off by it.

-fighting games (considering our massive collection of fighting game fans and threads)

^So something sort of like this?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'd already gone through and done "capcom" and "rpg" for a few things, thats a good addition.

Can we get tags for the music threads? There are few enough that it would be feasible yet enough to merit the tag.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

"Music" is nice and broad. I hit a few things with it.

I also started adding "american animation" and "Batman".
    Last edited by Robby; April 29th, 2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: resisted the temptation to make it "the goddamn batman"

How about a tag for WSJ series? No?

That's a good one. Basically everything on the first page of the other manga section, but a good one.

Also added Gundam... I'll have to hunt for other threads that include it later, I know there's a bunch.

I'll help you out. These are the ones I know and found.

Oumagadoki Zoo
    Beelzebub
    Magico
    Gintama
    Enigma
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Dragonball(?)
    Medaka Box(?)
    Hunter X Hunter(?)

EDIT: You also might want to add Nurarihyon no Mago even if the last post was way back at '09.
    Last edited by RDarren; April 29th, 2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Its weird you included Soul Eater. 8v

Soul Eater isn't Jump? Eh, I only read OP and Bakuman anyway. I'll fix that and add the others.

Hajime no Ippo is a published in Weekly Shōnen Magazine.
    Beside, Mekada Box has 2 threads. The one in the tag is a lesser thread. You should merge:
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=32434
    http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...273&highlight=

you forgot pony apocalypse

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

pony apocalypse has been in place for a week or two already, that wasn't a new addition.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information