Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    If you guys are done with your lovefest
    We never even begin, we can't start without you. Now let's begin! *begin*

Quote Originally Posted by nami7890 View Post
    hey did you guys see the trailer for the new naruto movie because i seen it and it looks pretty stupid take a look.

Looks actually good to me. But it's just the trailer after all.
    Guess I should first watch the one with Minato. Already started but it's crap.

The trailers for the Naruto movies always look delicious to draw you in and make you see the movie. Then when you see it thinking it'll be good you get disappointed that none of the other characters beside Naruto are actually doing anything, that the villain is so god damn boring, that the story is so predictable, and that Naruto finishes off the baddie that no one else could with weird new version of the rasengan, ending the movie and restoring the characters faith in him, and making you wish you had the last hour and a half of your life back.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

It appears to be pretty good only movie I have seen with Sage Mode being used in it
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I just saw raikage and killerbee in that trailer so I'm going to watch it even though the last two movie sucked balls besides their animation.

I just love how Tsunade threw away any traces of duty and loyalty to this so called Alliance (Which besides, is a pretty lame name for naming unified villages).
    It doesnt much to summarize what the war started because of. Because they would not hand the Jinchuuriki's over to Madara, who then declared the war in order to take them by force. To fight him, these 5 kages unified to put a stop to his plans to capture the Jinchuurikis before it could bring fruit.

Now we cut to Naruto and Bee as they realize they have been kept hidden because of this war, and when you know it, the first thing they do is leave the hideout and go straight to the front! Naruto returns everyone's questions of this course of action by questioning their motives of sacrificing themselves to protect him. This means he is not even bothering to respect what is going on, he's the one that would rather sacrifice himself and cause the guarranted downfall of his friends.

Tsunade approves of this. She ignores everything they've considered, just so he can be his selfish self and doom everyone. Who exactly thought she'd make a good Hokage? All we see her do is rely on Naruto, whom she is supposed to be protecting as Hokage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I just love how Tsunade threw away any traces of duty and loyalty to this so called Alliance (Which besides, is a pretty lame name for naming unified villages).
    It doesnt much to summarize what the war started because of. Because they would not hand the Jinchuuriki's over to Madara, who then declared the war in order to take them by force. To fight him, these 5 kages unified to put a stop to his plans to capture the Jinchuurikis before it could bring fruit.

Now we cut to Naruto and Bee as they realize they have been kept hidden because of this war, and when you know it, the first thing they do is leave the hideout and go straight to the front! Naruto returns everyone's questions of this course of action by questioning their motives of sacrificing themselves to protect him. This means he is not even bothering to respect what is going on, he's the one that would rather sacrifice himself and cause the guarranted downfall of his friends.

Tsunade approves of this. She ignores everything they've considered, just so he can be his selfish self and doom everyone. Who exactly thought she'd make a good Hokage? All we see her do is rely on Naruto, whom she is supposed to be protecting as Hokage.
    She had awesome gambling skills before she became Hokage....wait. No. She pretty much sucked at that. Well, I'm not exactly sure why other than 'Hey. This person's a Sannin.'

Once upon a time being a Sanin was impressive and meant something in terms of power.

Now? Not so much.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Once upon a time being a Sanin was impressive and meant something in terms of power.

Now? Not so much.
    Tsunade killed it dead. Next up she'll dirty the title of the Kages till its on par with the folk serving Ramen.

Now we just have to rely on Raikage to maintain the balance, who just happens to be in this film.

I doubt I'd watch it otherwise.
    Last edited by Smudger; June 19th, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post

They are the secret weapon, of course that they needed to go to the front lines.

WHEN is the thing that separates good writters from bad ones. Also, the WHY aren't they there yet.

Madara must had a sense of total control of the war, and made an open play to the last hosts, THEN they realize it, not after 4 volumes having the knwoledge and finaly putting it together.

Once they get attacked they escape, and we have this talk, but now with the need of extra power to not be anihilated.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

When was it ever stated they were a secret weapon? I believe a secret weapon is something you save for critical moments, and being something the enemy can do little about unless prepared.
    Sending Naruto and Bee out, and claiming they're secret weapons? Lets see, Madara knows about them, he knows how to handle them, and he knows pretty much they're being hidden from him because their capture equals his victory.
    And lets not forget Raikages decision to stop them from just going out like that. You can tell that these Kages, even if they were planning on using Naruto and Bee, were certainly saving them for much later. Sending them out now is like Kabuto said in the second exam.
    "If we move forward making noises like an elephant, its the same as warning everyone that we are coming. We will certainly receive a passionate welcome".
    Naruto in our case is a glowing spark in the dark, that signals the finish line for the enemy. Hardly a secret weapon eh?

Why was anyone expecting competence from the people who didn't think losing half their forces in the first day was a big deal.

Oh that is another matter of bullshit, but I can accept it. I can get over these casualties happening offscreen (no named character to even represent 50000 deaths ftw), but I would expect competence from the ones with highest responsibility.

Code:
    http://i3.mangareader.net/naruto/535/naruto-2160001.jpg
    Code:
    http://i24.mangareader.net/naruto/536/naruto-2178149.jpg
    Yeah, thats really a secret weapon to me. ^.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Why was anyone expecting competence from the people who didn't think losing half their forces in the first day was a big deal.
    It really is such a perfect example of the saying "a death is a tragedy, a million a statistic." Well, it's not really exclusive to Naruto and is even seen in real life, and I don't really expecting the fodder ninjas to have the whole treatment like Asuma's death, but what really tips it over is how stoic the ninjas are having their friends and fellow soldiers slaughtered by the thousands in a single day. No, at this point it's not even stoic, it's as if they don't even notice that happened at all. Really, I might be wrong, but I don't even remember many mentions of the large amount of deaths beyond that panel, they could change it to a quarter of the troops, 3/4 of the troops, or even nothing at all and there's probably no difference whatsoever.

"Welp half of everyone we know and love just fucking died, let's show no grief over it whatsoever and have a bit of a laugh while peeing."

Kishi has no respect for the gravity of death. I honestly expected better of him.

Cue Oda is awesome rant:

In an SBS somewhere Oda explained why he never had Luffy and friends go "Let's go kill that bastard," opting instead for "Let's defeat him!" It's because he didn't want to be too flippant with death, and I respect that. While Oda does acknowledge that the SHs have in fact killed some mooks just by necessity, he never wants to tread the path where death means absolutely fuck all like in Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    While Oda does acknowledge that the SHs have in fact killed some mooks just by necessity
    was that said specifically? because i don't remember anyone dying by the straw hat's hands in the manga.
    any fodder enemies that they blitzed through just seemed to be piled up and dazed.
    Nami killed Erik in the anime by kicking him off the boat on reverse mountain, but that was filler.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Well, regardless, I find it a little hard to believe that Zoro and Robin, at the very least, have never killed at least one of the endless number of mooks throughout the series.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

woops.
    that's right, broken spines and big bleeding slashes make surviving a lot harder.

in fact, didn't zoro kill the green-haired meowban brother?
    when butchie stood up, kuro said something like "this one's still alive. looks like your claws need sharpening." implying that the other guy did indeed die.

EDIT: and i just remembered that zoro flat out said that he killed the officer agent that tried recruiting him to baroqueworks.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Kishi has no respect for the gravity of death. I honestly expected better of him.
    We all learned he has no respect for the dead when he stuck a bunch of dead characters in frog suits.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Closed Thread

Thread Information