Closed Thread
Page 83 of 500 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Best chapter of naruto in months, easily. Raikage and Killer Bee get some backstory, which isn't an asspull at all neat. I always thought the Raikage looked too old to be Bee's brother.

and I actually enjoyed that panel of Naruto's eyes getting super serious.

Well who started that muthafucka thing with Bee? Did they want him to talk like a stereotype?

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

This does still exist .. *dumbfounded*
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

This chapter was alright. We did get to see Raikage punch Naruto and not listen to his Jesus crap (though sadly I still worry he'll come around eventually, even Pain did) and the backstory between Bee and Rai (or A but that's kind of a stupid name) I thought was good. I'm not really suprised they aren't brothers. I mean look at them Bee looks like he's late 20's, 30's at most while Raikage looks like he's at least in his late 40's. And the devotion he has to someone who is only figuratively his brother is understandable.

After all we're One Piece fans here we know quite well how devoted two people who consider each other brothers even if they aren't biologically related can be to each other. I'm talking about Impel Down and Marineford in case you couldn't tell. I do think Raikage was being a bit of an asshole though. All in all Passable Purple. It would be Neji Blues but Raikage's in it so I'm booting it up to Purple.

Oh, and the color page spread. While I do agree with Narutoss' statement that Hinata looked pretty good, the spread was still terrible. Honestly it's pretty embarassing for Naruto fans (though I imagine most of the fanboys are too stupid to realize or care). Great job wasting color pages Kishi. You could've had something cool like Bee and Raikage standing back to back looking all badass but no you spend it on... that. It also seems out of place given that Kishi never cared much for fanservice (female fanservice anyway) and that was actually one of the few good things about the series was that he didn't resort to it as a cheap crutch to get male readers (he needed Sasuke for the female readers) like a certain other mangaka I could mention, who shall go unmentioned for now.
    *cough*Mashima*cough*

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    OBJECTION!
    There was no Sasuke in that bathtub, therefore Kishimoto must have been miserable!
    Truer words have never been spoken. Aside from the statement "One Piece is totally awesome" obviously.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Right now I'm wondering why that pink haired guy wasn't in the men's tub.
    Good chapter, got some backstory on the bros, and Raikage didn't fall for the talk no jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Right now I'm wondering why that pink haired guy wasn't in the men's tub.
    Good chapter, got some backstory on the bros, and Raikage didn't fall for the talk no jutsu.
    16 Characters of Not Yet
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Raikage threw one punch. And now Bee is working the talking no jutsu on him.

It's likely that one punch will be all the confrontation ammount to, Tsunade has already pretty much given up after all.

never mind the legitimate stategical reasons goign on for keeping Naruto and Bee isolated anyway. (Evne though Madara knew their location... and Naruto thought he was on an ecology mission...)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

They should just let them pass, it's not like Naruto's actually gonna get killed. Yet(?). And if Bee gets killed off (God forbid) then I'll be done with the series for good.

Sooo... If Naruto in Nine-Tail mode is as fast as Raikage and weaker than him and has less experience in battle, then... What's the point in him going to war? If there was anything someone as strong as Raikage could do, then he would've done it. But there isn't, that's why he stays behind. But Naruto, being weaker, jumps to war and the only thing he can do is... help Madara finish his technique? Am I reading it correctly?

Fuck the colorspread. If Kishi made Hinata more visible, like while taking off her bra, then maybe it would've been acceptable, but still not good. Because of other "girls". And no Tsunade in there. And no "what's her name, the other Kage" in there.

Oh well. Still waiting for the series to at least try and do some good fights. I miss Neji vs Kidomaru... Man, that was great.

well I love this chapter, why because A) raikage isn't buying naruto's selfish bullshit

and B) A and Bee flashback is awesome, and i hope it's more than what we saw

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

This was an okay chapter

But the hole thing of naruto saying you don't know my dad when u have literally talked to him
    For five minutes and found out he was your dad a week ago

And the hole fist bump thing I don't need to say words

A pretty good chapter up until The Raikage started to seriously try to kill Naruto. What!? After talking so much sense he just flips his shit and tries to murder one of the Joint Shinobi Army's most valuable assets. Then he says he'll kill his brother too if the time comes? Good luck with that craziness. Honestly, after the war was over how do you think the Leaf Village would react when word got out that The Raikage killed their hero? Witness = Tsunade (Konoha's Hokage). Pffft, hell Tsunade would have then fought The Raikage and wound up hurt too. Their would be an immediate war to follow the one they just got out of with any nation taking sides. To sum it all up The Raikage's decision to try to kill Naruto was by far the dumbest decision made in this war so far.

Oh, and why didn't Tsunade step in and get some action? Bad Kishi.

Everything else was enjoyable. The face off between The Raikage and Naruto, matching speed for speed and the talk about Minato. The Raikage not falling for Naruto's talking points. Killer Bee getting another flashback but this time with The Raikage so we'll learn more about him. The reveal about them not being biological brothers didn't faze me one bit and that's not a negative. Nor is it a positive. It's just...ok, cool.

And to be fair to this "mind-reading" after "fist-bumping" thing. The exchange between 2 first-class ninja and understanding coming from that exchange was brought up...well...a hell of a lot of chapters back.

Spoiler:

And then it was brought up again fairly recently when Team 7 was reunited and Naruto and Sasuke exchanged blows. So though it may be funny that Killer Bee and The Raikage can "read each others minds" after fist-bumping it's not, 'WTF Kishi You No Explain This!!!' Besides, I do believe it's more of an understanding of emotions thing and not total mind reading ability. Or maybe it is, meh.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    well I love this chapter, why because A) raikage isn't buying naruto's selfish bullshit
    Don't get too excited about that, he'll be converted within seconds of the flashback ending.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The chapter was Passable Purple for me. Upper end of it, but knowing that Raikage is going to be converted by Bee, going back to that child of prophecy garbage, and the spread ruined it (the spread was so bad it actually managed to distract from the chapter, something I don't recall happening since that creepy SasukexOro title page). Raikage talked sense, even if he went to a rather asshole-ish extreme. They were isolating Naruto and Bee anyway, so the part about killing them isn't that strategically bad, though it's far more of a gamble then knocking them out and re-isolating them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Don't get too excited about that, he'll be converted within seconds of the flashback ending.
    but it will be bee who convinced him not that orange suited faggot so it will still be a win for me! Bee is allowed to do talk no jutsu.... I mean fist bump no jutsu

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Definitely one of the best chapters to come out in a while.

Raikage was, of course, awesome, what with chewing out Naruto both verbally and physically. But the chapter was brought down with stupid child of prophecy, 4th Hokage, flashback crap. That Double Lariat test at the end really didn't make any sense either. So apparently just being able to perform one specific attack is enough to assume that they'll be perfect partners for A? And they're kids. How could be in sync and match their physical strength with a seasoned adult.

And yeah, that colorspread. It figures that the men's bath is the one where everyone is toppling all over eachother and showing more flesh. I would say that that's the worst fanservice we've ever seen in this manga, but nothing is ever going to top Karin fanservice.

I'd like to give it Raikage Gold, but there was just too much stupid to counterbalance it. So Passable Purple for me.

Did Kishimoto intentionally have Rock Lee fucking Akamaru on the cover page.

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

Hummm, I liked this chapter, I was taken by surprised when we found out Raikage and Killer Bee weren't actually brothers. Naruto has actually been getting better these last few weeks.

Must be ridiculously easy to draw Naruto now. He so damn bland... As for Naruto being fast, Raikage hasn't gone into stage two of his lightning speed, so we don't know who is faster. Raikage is faster in all likelihood, whom will be surpassed by Sasuke. Not that I care, but Kishi always wanted Sasuke to be faster, and I doubt that would change. Just predicting the inevitable. The fact that Naruto was about to use a shadow clone shows me how crappy matters are with his growth. Kishi doesn't even bother to toss in something interesting. Nope. Straight to the usual boring crap, as if we don't know what will happen.

I wonder, now that we know when a jinchuuriki dies, the bijuu will manifest itself elsewhere, why was the Kyuubi worried for Naruto dying in the past in Part 1? Oh is that another plot hole?
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Good chapter because of Raikage and Bee alone.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Naruto who?
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Closed Thread

Thread Information