Closed Thread
Page 80 of 500 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

  1. #1581

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I deleted a few of the later ones (particularly the stuff like "a character does something off-screen", "Sai feels an emotion", "Sasuke summons a hawk" (yes, they even listed that on there), or "a character could do this, but we find out later that they don't"), but I figure that deleting too much at once would cause some sort of uproar.

  2. #1582

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I hardly see how finding out that Neji isn't evil is a crowning moment of awesome...

  3. #1583

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I deleted a few of the later ones (particularly the stuff like "a character does something off-screen", "Sai feels an emotion", "Sasuke summons a hawk" (yes, they even listed that on there), or "a character could do this, but we find out later that they don't"), but I figure that deleting too much at once would cause some sort of uproar.
    same here, ive been fighting the same war there. nice to know some other people here are setting the record straight

  4. #1584
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I deleted a few of the later ones (particularly the stuff like "a character does something off-screen", "Sai feels an emotion", "Sasuke summons a hawk" (yes, they even listed that on there), or "a character could do this, but we find out later that they don't"), but I figure that deleting too much at once would cause some sort of uproar.
    Fuckin' Narutards. I admit I still like Naruto as a very guilty pleasure (even then I won't compare it to far better battle shonen like OP, FMA, HxH, Negima, Toriko, Beelzebub, Soul Eater and so on) but if I were to list CMOA's I would list real ones like Lee vs Gaara, Zabuza on the bridge, Naruto vs Neji and Jiraiya vs Pain those are real Crowning Moments of Awesome that you don't have to stretch for. The Naruto fanboys are just devout in trying to convince people the series is top tier quality.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  5. #1585

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I wonder if someone put Sakura taking out a basic zetsu clone last chapter in the awesome category?

  6. #1586

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    I wonder if someone put Sakura taking out a basic zetsu clone last chapter in the awesome category?
    Yeah, they did. Said it showed that she became a capable fighter again, though if beating up fodder is all it takes to do that nowadays, that's some pretty low criteria.

  7. #1587

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Well I was expecting more out of that Neji stuff, but still it's an interesting plan killing during the night and under a nearly perfect cover ...and is it me or does Tsunade look cool in that last frame where she appear in front of Naruto... wish she'd fight again soon

  8. #1588

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Fuckin' Narutards. I admit I still like Naruto as a very guilty pleasure (even then I won't compare it to far better battle shonen like OP, FMA, HxH, Negima, Toriko, Beelzebub, Soul Eater and so on) but if I were to list CMOA's I would list real ones like Lee vs Gaara, Zabuza on the bridge, Naruto vs Neji and Jiraiya vs Pain those are real Crowning Moments of Awesome that you don't have to stretch for. The Naruto fanboys are just devout in trying to convince people the series is top tier quality.
    Yeah, the Crowning Moment pages are becoming a bit diluted, especially for the popular series with a huge fanbase, where anything slightly cool or funny is immediately an entry and not just the creme de la creme like it's supposed to be. Well, anyone is free to edit it I suppose, but I think there's used to be a crowner, for people to somewhat vote the most awesome moments. I think such democratic approach is good, showing how some moments can be considered more awesome or funny than the others, although some stubborn fans may still spam it anyway...

  9. #1589
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Yeah, the Crowning Moment pages are becoming a bit diluted, especially for the popular series with a huge fanbase, where anything slightly cool or funny is immediately an entry and not just the creme de la creme like it's supposed to be. Well, anyone is free to edit it I suppose, but I think there's used to be a crowner, for people to somewhat vote the most awesome moments. I think such democratic approach is good, showing how some moments can be considered more awesome or funny than the others, although some stubborn fans may still spam it anyway...
    Truth. There is a similar situation over with One Piece but at least with OP the new moments are generally much more deserving.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  10. #1590
    DON'T EVER BLINK. Sniper King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I live on the star NML Cygni.

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    I was gonna read this CMoA page you guys keep talking about, to see all the hubbub.

    Alas, it was too much and I quit.

  11. #1591

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    See, if they want to use their "moments" like they do, then they can't possible call them "crowning". Because there are more than one.

    How about "Awesome Moments of Awesome"? That sounds like something the average easily impressed troper can get behind. Then that can just be a spot where especially cool/awesome moments go. and then the CMOA can be an actual, singular moment that is the greatest point in a thing.

  12. #1592

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Yeah, the Crowning Moment pages are becoming a bit diluted, especially for the popular series with a huge fanbase, where anything slightly cool or funny is immediately an entry and not just the creme de la creme like it's supposed to be. Well, anyone is free to edit it I suppose, but I think there's used to be a crowner, for people to somewhat vote the most awesome moments. I think such democratic approach is good, showing how some moments can be considered more awesome or funny than the others, although some stubborn fans may still spam it anyway...
    no kidding, its like they are at their computers with the page on one of their tabs, waiting for someone to make a change. i do slightly alter them from time to time, with the occasional ninja delete.

  13. #1593

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    The Bleach page for CMOAs was getting quite lengthy too, so I cut some examples from there as well. People need to learn that the page isn't just for summarizing every chapter that comes out each week!

  14. #1594

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Bleach doesn't even have any crowning moments of awesomeness. Except with Kon, but he hasn't been in the story in like forever.

  15. #1595

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Well, according to them, it does. Then again, according to them, stuff like "the Hougyoku warps reality now," "a character dies in a manner that goes against every single established fact about combat in this series", and "Aizen uses illusions to get out of a certain-death scenario for the umpteenth time" counts.

  16. #1596

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    The only ''crowning whatnot'' page on that site that gets any valid usage from me is the music section.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  17. #1597

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    really, the listings of "this work uses these tropes" is pretty pointless in the first place. I mean, if you didn't read it, then why are you reading about all of the plot points, character archetypes, etc. And if you did read it, you know all that stuff is there. The only thing browsing can bring is rage when they include stupid things and miss things you noticed.

    the "works that include this trope" page is a little more useful, because if you really like characters with eyepatches, you can just look up every single damn eyepatch character.

    but the main value in tvtropes is giving a name to those cliches/tropes/archetypes that you see and never really noticed how common they were, or finding completely new archetypes that surprise you and stuff. if the pages were only the top article section, I wouldn't mind in the least.

  18. #1598

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    just found this comment, and figured i drop it here, from the op9 of naruto unedited

    Sasuke has his own reasons to be after konoha! Kishi has portrayed a right amount of hatred in him, and he is right at his own place. He had choices either to forget or to take it all down to revenge, and he chose the latter one. Konoha really sacrificed his brother and his clan, even it may be that he's taking it in a wrong perspective, but its his feelings, and they are correct. So dont hate Sasuke you all! He's the best rival!
    And Naruto... Well.... He rocks!! :D

    .........yeah

  19. #1599

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Why do people overlook the fact that the Uchiha were a bunch of mutinous assholes who would've thrown the village straight to hell.

  20. #1600

    Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

    Same reason they overlook that Itachi was trying to save the village the entire time?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts