Closed Thread
Page 71 of 500 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    No I mean, they were stating their opinions in the CMOA section, where you can list anything as "awesome", but you usually have to put YMMV for more controversial opinions.
    i didnt matter either way, it would've gotten swallowed up by the sea of diehard fan's who usually patrol that page. i am only but one soldier in a sea of naruto fans, although like kareem had mentioned, im not the only who feels that way on that site, so its not all that bad.

im trying to word my opinions carefully, so that both spectrum's can agree on it. adding the link to YMMV page isnt so bad either

Even though they made it up, TVtropes doesn't understand what a CMOA is. It is literally the greatest moment. By definition, you cannot have multiple crowning moments of anything, because a mountain can't have two highest peaks.

it's like how Syndrome said. "If everyone is super, then no one will be."

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Even though they made it up, TVtropes doesn't understand what a CMOA is. It is literally the greatest moment. By definition, you cannot have multiple crowning moments of anything, because a mountain can't have two highest peaks.

Hey, I like that.
    That's something I would sig.
    But I won't.

well put.

i think what bothers me is that they listed konan's pointless sacrifice as CMOA. to sum it up:

"madara survived the attack, but it was still awesome :D" cue fangasm

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    well put.

i think what bothers me is that they listed konan's pointless sacrifice as CMOA. to sum it up:

"madara survived the attack, but it was still awesome :D"
    The only thing from Naruto that I consider a crowning moment of awesome is the Naruto/Neji fight.
    Actually, that wasn't really a moment, huh?

After announcing it a long ass time ago, the Naruto Abridged Series movie is out. Not sure if this is the right place but what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    The only thing from Naruto that I consider a crowning moment of awesome is the Naruto/Neji fight.
    I'd say the exact moment of that fight would have to be the underground bait and switch.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Oh God why did they have to remind me of the Skittle Rasengan.

Also, totally worth the wait just for the 'Yakety Sax' scene.

TV Tropes is a site that can be quite amusing to read, and I have discovered a handful of good books/movies/video games thanks to it, but it's also one with a high number of shallow fans. Beign and harmless ones mostly, in my experience, but shallow nonetheless.
    Last edited by Crossword; May 20th, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    TV Tropes is a site that can be quite amusing to read, and I have discovered a handful of good books/movies/video games thanks to it, but it's also one with a high number of shallow fans. Beign and harmless ones mostly, in my experience, but shallow nonetheless.
    In all honesty most media sites have at least a somewhat high number of shallow fans, it's not like shallow fans (of any media really) are rare or anything.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Just watched the last few episodes of Naruto, hm, nostalgic. I did laugh when Karin got kicked aside by Danzo. Naruto's hyperventilating was even more pathetic in live action, also funny.

I hate how 1/3 of every episode of Naruto is a friggen flashback, the latest ep was basically a giant flashback sandwich with a tiny bit of new material in the beginning and end. Meh.

Edit: Also, I saw a few links to discussions on naruto sites, titled "Will Neji kill Sakura"? Wtf.. why are they even bothering to discuss that. Well, i'll answer. Yes. Yes he will
    Last edited by Femme; May 20th, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Hidden:

It certainly was not as terrible as the pace of the Marineford arc in anime.

You and me, rendezvous? kappa-san's Avatar

With what Naruto had become right now, I can proudly say that "Thank goodness, I never actually got into the Naruto fandom!"
    I mean, I have been an anime fan for years and read Naruto manga since I was in 6th grade, yet never did on those years did I join nor lurk around Naruto forums.
    And after finding out how awful the forum is and how this place breeds a lot of trolls, what a blessing that I didn't turn into a Narutard and joined the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    It certainly was not as terrible as the pace of the Marineford arc in anime.
    Let's add shots of random characters from a filler everyone loves and then never use them again ! And let's add poorly drawn Rear Admirals to gawk over without them ever doing anything.

The amount of generic characters and standing around , swating at the air was a little annoying too.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kappa-san View Post
    With what Naruto had become right now, I can proudly say that "Thank goodness, I never actually got into the Naruto fandom!"
    I mean, I have been an anime fan for years and read Naruto manga since I was in 6th grade, yet never did on those years did I join nor lurk around Naruto forums.
    And after finding out how awful the forum is and how this place breeds a lot of trolls, what a blessing that I didn't turn into a Narutard and joined the forum.
    Some sections aren't that bad, but I find I no longer realy care for the OP section there. It's not bad, it's just that whatever I discus over here I don't usualy want to repeat over there, I mostly leave a chapter discusion thread here before page 10 due to everyone starting to dwell on issues already discused to death, and don't realy respond to many series-centric topics.....mostly because I've already participated in 99 % of them in one incarnation or another.

I think I officialy hit internet middle age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    The crowning moment of awesome of Naruto is the Lee vs Gaara fight. Specifically, either when he drops his ankle weights or when he piledrives gaara.

^ This is true. Rock Lee is most awesome. Which is why he got his own spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    ^ This is true. Rock Lee is most awesome. Which is why he got his own spin-off.
    Actually Naruto and Sasuke got their spin-off from Rock Lee. And their spin-off sucks.

The crowning moment of awesome of Naruto is the Lee vs Gaara fight. Specifically, either when he drops his ankle weights or when he pile drives gaara.
    only to crap beat out of him later. in this manga, hard work, hardly works. unless your the main character, or have sharingan haxs

Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Actually Naruto and Sasuke got their spin-off from Rock Lee. And their spin-off sucks.
    Yeah. It's just that the author of the original Lee manga wanted to draw the whole series before it was published.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa-san View Post
    Off topic, but I just wanted to ask. Where did you get your sig from?

Closed Thread

Thread Information