Closed Thread
Page 68 of 500 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Watching Detective Conan is indeed more fun than watching Naruto, especially the latest episode. Basically it was just Sakura rushing to 'take care of Sasuke' paired with some shitty flashbacks. And the next episode looks bad as well. Guess I should check out some other Detective Conan episodes.

And not to forget: Kareem, mind sending me the link of this thread? Sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    LOL I don't know how much NF guys hate on OP's fanbase but it's definitely not as much as Arlong park posters hating on Naruto fan and naruto's general fan-base.
    If they ever COULD find a reason to bash OP (save for the "LOL ART STYLE" argument) I guess I would entertain this thought.

But there's a reason why things are the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    LOL I don't know how much NF guys hate on OP's fanbase but it's definitely not as much as Arlong park posters hating on Naruto fan and naruto's general fan-base. TRUST me even in the most dire of situations AP still has time to bash NF so you can't really blame them for not liking OP fans.
    I realize that with "Naruto" in your user name, you're going to have a weird bias, but... there's no hate here.

Just pity and disappointment.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What would you call Naruto oogling an armadillo penis?

-Pity

-Disappointment

-or Other?
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; May 19th, 2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I'd vote "Other: Lulz"

I call it practice~

I used to be a reasonable fan (no amvs, cosplay, fanfiction, perveted fanarts) and I started feeling betrayed when Kishi killed Itachi. I felt even more betrayed when he did not give a damn about the likeable side characters and was obsessed with sasuke.

I used to wonder if Naruto was better than One Piece and now the answer is crystal clear.

And it's threads like those that make me glad we have good and reasonable mods on this site so we never have to worry about topics like that?

Average idiot on AP: Verbally torn to pieces and/or banned

Average idiot on NF: Given admin status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Average idiot on AP: Verbally torn to pieces and/or banned

Average idiot on NF: Given admin status
    I'm putting this as my account sig on NF

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

I was like "Oh hey lets see what NF has to say about OP" and then I clicked each of those links in succession and found they were all about the sexuality of the characters and I 'd

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I'm putting this as my account sig on NF
    They'll probably make you an admin and then say you're calling yourself an idiot and then you delete the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    -Naruto will appease the Kyuubi, a giant mass of pure malevolance, because he's Jesus (actually, not even Jesus could turn Satan good).
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Where's the point in taking each and every character that's evil or a villain and make him a good guy? Yeah we got it in part one that Naruto has the ability to make friends and stuff but why of all characters it has to be the Kyuubi who after becoming Naruto's bitch now has to turn good. At least Kisame and Orochimaru died before being turned in Naruto's playmates.
    While I understand the complaints and facepalming towards the notion of Naruto trying to turn the Kyubi, "a mass of pure malevolence" into a good little doggy I can't say I'm surprised. With the Kyubi being so close to Naruto (24/7) it was only a matter of time before the blond ninja made his attempt. Naruto is just being Naruto. The same Naruto he's been since Part 1 of the series, so instead of it coming off as 'WTF' it just takes me back. Naruto has stated before he'd try to change a deeply ingrained hatred and what better example to use than...

Spoiler:
    Take the long lived Hyuga clan for example and the division between the Main Family and the Branch Family who brew ill feelings towards each other (seeing as how the Main Family cursed the Branch Family). The hatred from the Branch Family onto the Main Family has been brewing for generations and it wasn't like Neji was a special case who only experienced this hatred. His father also hated the Main Family and for obvious reasons it's safe to say this feeling of hatred is a prevalent trait in the Branch Family. Naruto decided he'd take on that hatred saturated into the Hyuuga Family for generations ("Hyuga destiny of hatred") and change it. So my question is...if Naruto's audacity, will, and determination to take on such a hatred wasn't seen as a negative back then why is it so now?

Of course the Kyubi's hatred may make the Hyuga's destiny of hatred look like rainbows in comparison but Naruto's nativity knows no limits. His motto is the same no matter what the level of hatred. Ha! In fact he already decided to take on the Uchiha's burden of hatred which is likely even a more difficult task than ridding the Kyubi of its hatred.

Spoiler:
    My complaint about Naruto ridding the Kyubi of its hatred is it would be like ridding the Kyubi of its personality which I say is what turned most people on to him in the first place. He was an interesting contradiction to Naruto's personality but Naruto counted on him for power, and the Kyubi counted on Naruto for life. The contradicting personalties only made to work by the dependency on each other made it a very interesting relationship. Now with Naruto completely enslaving the Kyubi and now trying to get rid of that dynamic I'm disappointed.

Still, my original point is it comes as no surprise and really it's all just a pattern. It's not Naruto's foolish endeavor which gets to me (which I think is getting to most of you all) it's the fact I know he'll eventually succeed and essentially defang the Kyubi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Hey I would recommend all you guys check out the One Piece vs Fullmetal Alchemist vs Hunter x Hunter thread I started on Naruto Forums. My username was Adebisi (another inmate on a show called Oz I'm a fan of where my username here comes from) apparently quite a few Naruto Forums posters think that the One Piece fanbase is the worst fanbase in history on par with the Twilight fanbase. This kind of pisses me off because they were just being total assholes, check out the thread and you'll see what I mean. Honestly I've given up on Naruto Forums, there's some decent posters there but all in all I'm too smart for them, the general level of intelligence there is much lower than here. And this place is One Piece central.
    If you judge by its weakest link then the One Piece fan base is just as bad as the Naruto fanbase. There are plenty of idiotic One Piece fans to go around. On average though the Naruto fanbase may have more blind sheep following members that disregard any flaw or stupidity the manga may have, but I truly don't know. All I know is that any fanbase consists of idiots with astounding levels of stupidity, and also consists of identifiable fans who genuinely praise the manga for legit reasons.
    Everything's Eventual...

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I'm somehow not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I realize that with "Naruto" in your user name, you're going to have a weird bias, but... there's no hate here.

Just pity and disappointment.
    you got me there but I've seen poster express how much they detest NF even in the most unrelated threads. I'll admit many thing piss me off about that site, have seen their layout it's fucking insane but it's not hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    If you judge by its weakest link then the One Piece fan base is just as bad as the Naruto fanbase. There are plenty of idiotic One Piece fans to go around. On average though the Naruto fanbase may have more blind sheep following members that disregard any flaw or stupidity the manga may have, but I truly don't know. All I know is that any fanbase consists of idiots with astounding levels of stupidity, and also consists of identifiable fans who genuinely praise the manga for legit reasons.
    Yeah, this.

Kareem, hang out for a few hours in the One Piece spoiler threads that pop up over week. Or, if you're feeling particularly brave, the "Last Two Nakamates" thread over in the One Piece manga forum.

I guarantee you it will change your opinion about some of the people in the One Piece fandom.

...If it doesn't kill you first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Better yet, the last series of idiotic ramblings made by AlmostLegendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Yeah, this.

Kareem, hang out for a few hours in the One Piece spoiler threads that pop up over week. Or, if you're feeling particularly brave, the "Last Two Nakamates" thread over in the One Piece manga forum.

I guarantee you it will change your opinion about some of the people in the One Piece fandom.

...If it doesn't kill you first.
    I went there. It horrified me so much that I couldn't post there.
    And to think; I was like that once upon a time, but it was worse;
    I LOVED NARUTO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

I thought he was banned!!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Closed Thread

Thread Information