Closed Thread
Page 64 of 500 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

The Devil's best friend.

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

You know what? As horrible as Orochimaru's death was, at least he didn't live long enough to be talked to death by Naruto.
    Fixed that for you.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Is Kishi trying to honestly trying to start up an entirely new plot within the middle of the current war plot?

This feeling... it's like it has shades of Chuunin Exam good and at the same time Aizen Bleach level shits. I don't even know what to make of it. And if Neji turns out to be a bad guy with no foreshadowing, I will be pissed. But this is obviously a fake or something.

I admit the short interaction between Nagato and Itachi was pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post

Naruto Part One was totally Awesomesauce though. Pretty much everyone thinks so. And don't you forget it.
    Part 1 is overrated.

Yeah we had more Konoha 11, but half of them suck anyway (e.g. Ino, Tenten, Sakura, Shino; Chouji and Kiba are barely passable). And I always wondered, what about the kids who are slightly older or slightly younger? Shouldn't they be going out on missions with the so-called Konoha 11 too?

Zabuza is not that great. Okay, dude understood true meaning of friendship, reconciled with Haku and died killing an evil tycoon. Yayz? Plus, he really needed his mom to dress him, because cowprint legwarmers do not exactly strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. Remember that unintentionally funny panel where Zabuza conveniently has his two victims' heads right where the openings on his sword are? Remember when Sasuke got made into a pincushion by Haku, fainted, faked us out with a faux death and then inexplicably survived? Remember how Sasuke didn't seem to react shocked when Kakashi revealed he had a sharingan? Kishi did not reserve retcons for Pt. 2, because I'm of the firm belief he liked the sharingan so much he then gave it to Sasuke.

Half of Part 1 was the Chuunin Exam, and people seem to forget how utterly ridiculous and blown out of all proportion that arc got. Let's make us a strong new generation of ninja (isn't that supposed to be the Leaf's philosophy at least?) by throwing our 12-year-old genin into a death contest! Not to mention Sound-nin could enter despite coming from an illicit country known to be ruled by Orochimaru. Of course Naruto vs. Neji, Shikamaru's tactics, Lee vs, Gaara, Naruto vs. Gaara (Gaara in general really) and Sandaime's fight were pretty decent and save that arc from being totally balls in my mind (maybe even Orochimaru vs. Sasuke and Lee vs. Sasuke), but if you really think about it the process behind becoming a chuunin is beyond ludicrously difficult. You'd think for how many chuunin there are walking around they'd all be insanely badass, having passed through like 5 different mind-warping tests and made a Forest of Death their bitch, not to mention impressed high class stadium-goers through their fighting prowess, all at the age of 12, but all the chuunin we see are pretty lame and samey. Let us also discuss how somehow the combined forces of the Sound and the Sand straight-up invading the place (a surprise attack, no less) didn't seem to hurt anyone or damage anything important really. Some invasion plan there. How about how the Leaf was totes okay with just letting the whole thing slide with the Sand right after? This wasn't a minor border skirmish or a rogue ninja something, the country's elites just tried to OVERTHROW YOU. Zero repercussions? Really?

Sasuke Retrieval: The Chouji and Neji fights were so deus ex. They should have fucking died. Plus their villain matchups were lame. The other fights were okay.

I'm not saying Part 1 is terrible or even bad. I'm saying it's overrated.

The Tsunade arc was awesome though. Jiraiya is probably my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Different time guys, different times. Except with computers. Have we ever actually seen computers again since the chuunin exam?
    Do T.V.'s count?

Spoiler:
    ------------------------------------
    As for the age of the random ninja, well he could be whatever you think he is.

Spoiler:
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    As for the age of the random ninja, well he could be whatever you think he is.

He looks at least 10 years older than Sakura. This is not debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    He looks at least 10 years older than Sakura. This is not debatable.
    Oh, I won't waste my time debating the age of some guy we probably won't see again beyond next chapter.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Part 1 is overrated.

Yeah we had more Konoha 11, but half of them suck anyway (e.g. Ino, Tenten, Sakura, Shino; Chouji and Kiba are barely passable). And I always wondered, what about the kids who are slightly older or slightly younger? Shouldn't they be going out on missions with the so-called Konoha 11 too?

Zabuza is not that great. Okay, dude understood true meaning of friendship, reconciled with Haku and died killing an evil tycoon. Yayz? Plus, he really needed his mom to dress him, because cowprint legwarmers do not exactly strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. Remember that unintentionally funny panel where Zabuza conveniently has his two victims' heads right where the openings on his sword are? Remember when Sasuke got made into a pincushion by Haku, fainted, faked us out with a faux death and then inexplicably survived? Remember how Sasuke didn't seem to react shocked when Kakashi revealed he had a sharingan? Kishi did not reserve retcons for Pt. 2, because I'm of the firm belief he liked the sharingan so much he then gave it to Sasuke.

Half of Part 1 was the Chuunin Exam, and people seem to forget how utterly ridiculous and blown out of all proportion that arc got. Let's make us a strong new generation of ninja (isn't that supposed to be the Leaf's philosophy at least?) by throwing our 12-year-old genin into a death contest! Not to mention Sound-nin could enter despite coming from an illicit country known to be ruled by Orochimaru. Of course Naruto vs. Neji, Shikamaru's tactics, Lee vs, Gaara, Naruto vs. Gaara (Gaara in general really) and Sandaime's fight were pretty decent and save that arc from being totally balls in my mind (maybe even Orochimaru vs. Sasuke and Lee vs. Sasuke), but if you really think about it the process behind becoming a chuunin is beyond ludicrously difficult. You'd think for how many chuunin there are walking around they'd all be insanely badass, having passed through like 5 different mind-warping tests and made a Forest of Death their bitch, not to mention impressed high class stadium-goers through their fighting prowess, all at the age of 12, but all the chuunin we see are pretty lame and samey. Let us also discuss how somehow the combined forces of the Sound and the Sand straight-up invading the place (a surprise attack, no less) didn't seem to hurt anyone or damage anything important really. Some invasion plan there. How about how the Leaf was totes okay with just letting the whole thing slide with the Sand right after? This wasn't a minor border skirmish or a rogue ninja something, the country's elites just tried to OVERTHROW YOU. Zero repercussions? Really?

Sasuke Retrieval: The Chouji and Neji fights were so deus ex. They should have fucking died. Plus their villain matchups were lame. The other fights were okay.

Naruto part 1 had the makings of a legendary manga.

All those points that you are trying to make are nitpicking, deserving of a series if it goes badly.
    Sasuke surviving the needles? Zabuza did it first.
    Zabuza's Legwarmers? Mist Village is Cold!
    Sakura useless? She's going to develop! (sadly she didn't)
    The test is pretty damn hard? Most of the test depends on the participants, and most likely the test themselves change every year.
    The chunins are a joke? They are the first generation that isn't battle trained for war.
    The village was attacked and didn't had lasting consequences? It's a shonen! no one known (except the hokage) suffered!

Zabuza as a first villian (or 2th) was excelent.
    The world building, and cast expansion of the chounin arc.
    And then things went.. wonky, but with the strong start people had got to give Kishimoto a chance.

Then he ate all the chanceUps in the 2th part.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Zabuza/Land of Waves was easily the best arc in the entire series.

Period. It was beautiful.

Before we debate the age of this random guy Kishi brought into the story for no good reason, let's just ask who the hell he is.

Seriously. Kishi has way too many plot holes and characters to deal with here... why is he trying to insert some nobody into the middle of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Part 1 is overrated.
    Hell No. I'll allow you to have your opinion, but I will debate it as much as possible, maybe even convince you otherwise. Although if I can't then I can definitely live with one guy who thinks part one is overrated, since you are pretty much the only guy on this forum with that sentiment. Most people on this forum (and many others) think Zabuza and Chunin Exams are brilliant Shonen and it looked like they would pave the way for a masterpiece. They didn't but that's not the point right now.
    Kiba and Shino are cool, I don't know what you're talking about. Chouji has his EPIC fight with Jirobo (until the rubbish end with him surviving, I'll concede that) which will always endear him to me. I don't even know what you're talking about with the second thing, seriously. It sounds like major nitpicking to me.
    He IS pretty great honestly. Do you remember his absolutely deliciously terrifying backstory where he admits TO SLAUGHTERING EVERYONE OF HIS CLASSMATES AT THE AGE OF, LIKE EIGHT! Simply Awesome. And Kishi was able to make this guy sympathetic in the end, and it totally worked, not at all the same with Itachi and Pain. And Zabuza goes charging at all of those thugs Gato hired and kills some of them when all he has is ONE FUCKING KUNAI! THAT HE HOLDS IN HIS MOUTH! BECAUSE HIS ARMS ARE BROKEN! Seriously how can you say this guy isn't badass! It blows my mind, you get your opinion but I don't know how you can have it. (I'm noticing I capitalize a lot to prove a point, I guess I just get excited but anyway) Point is Zabuza was badass, and you're seriously saying he has stupid clothes? In Naruto? Do I need to bring up the orange jumpsuit? Do I really need to bring it up? Everyone in Naruto is a fashion disaster, that's not one of my problems with the series. Those other "embarassing" points you mentioned I remember looking cool, although I do agree Sasuke randomly surviving was a bit weak, but whatever. Point is Zabuza arc was great. Not just for Zabuza either, although he was the best part.
    I absolutely loved, as an 11-12 year old, the idea that kids about the same age as me were going out to risk their lives in a deadly forest and fighting to the death (although I don't think anyone actually died). I loved how edgy it was, I loved that there was actual danger. And I loved how all the kids got to be totally badass. And I imagine a ton of other kids in Japan and America loved it too, remember at the end of the day Naruto is still a children's comic/cartoon. I also think those fights you mentioned are way better than "pretty decent". I have to concede the point that they treat being a Chunin like it's this great thing, yet most of the Chunin we actually see are totally lame, I've got to give you that one that never made any sense. They let the Sand off the hook because Orochimaru was decieving Sand as well and because both Leaf and Sand were damaged after losing both of their leaders it was basically a ceasefire. They weren't on good terms right away, it was gradually that they came to become allies, and they'd been allies before Orochimaru manipulated them. They flat out say this, how could you miss that.
    You are correct Choji should have died, Neji I think could have actually lived, most will disagree with this but I didn't get an overwhelming "Neji's going to die" vibe from the fight. Yeah I know he had his shoulder and part of his stomach blown out (which is why the fight is awesome, because Neji is so badass in it, same with Choji and everyone else) but this is Shonen. Then you'll say, "he's 13". To which I will retort "Shonen, dear boy, it doesn't matter". The other fights were also better than "okay" and Choji and Neji's fights were great as well. There's really nothing wrong with the fights themselves just the fact that they lived.

I'd have to say the Tsunade arc was probably the weakest of Part one (though much better than many of the arcs in part two). I DO agree with you that Jiraiya is awesome though. I also believe in freedom of speech so you can whatever opinion you want but I also have the right to disagree with your opinion and point out the flaws in your judgements because you had a few. I still like you as a poster, I think this is the only thing we really disagree on, don't take any of my "How can you think that?" statements too seriously. I put my responses to all of your opinions in bold between the spaces. Have fun reading.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/63036033/8
    For me it is clear that there two Neji, one entered the tent to sakura and the other in that time has passed this tent. It is also noticed ninja who decided in such a stupid way to report information to sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Zabuza/Land of Waves was easily the best arc in the entire series.

Period. It was beautiful.
    ^^^Right here. This arc made me an huge fan of Naruto at the time because after reading it I felt the same way as I did when I read the Arlong Arc.

Remember when Shino was a character? Me neither.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I'd have to say the Tsunade arc was probably the weakest of Part one (though much better than many of the arcs in part two). I DO agree with you that Jiraiya is awesome though. I also believe in freedom of speech so you can whatever opinion you want but I also have the right to disagree with your opinion and point out the flaws in your judgements because you had a few. I still like you as a poster, I think this is the only thing we really disagree on, don't take any of my "How can you think that?" statements too seriously. I put my responses to all of your opinions in bold between the spaces. Have fun reading.
    Something about the format of your post is off. It seems you quoted Giblord but replaced his text with your own text? This is your post quoting him.

Spoiler:
    This is his actual quote

Spoiler:
    --------------------

Lol, no wait I see what you did. You put your highlighted text/response into the same quote brackets as Gilbord. I got confused there for a sec.
    Last edited by Outerspec; May 19th, 2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Everything's Eventual...

I was so not expecting this kind of twist and i must admit I loved it... I though it would be a calm night with nothing much happening but seems that things will happen after all... .oh and that thing with nagato and itachi was such a tease... I would have enjoyed a chapter with only those two in all the pages ...hope we see them again soon

No, he was replying under each of Gib's paragraphs in bold. No replacing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by luffyg2 View Post
    oh and that thing with nagato and itachi was such a tease...
    Yes, it was such a tease. Because they were both in Akatsuki.

And they both have magical eyes.

And they acknowledge it.

And this is somehow interesting.

Basically this random guy with the letter just had the purpose to seem suspect. Kishimoto tried to make us believe this guy would be the murderer and the thing with his confession for Sakura was just a desperate filler or reason why he was actually there. It doesn't matter at all how old he is because, as you guys said, we probably won't see him again.

Well let's see what's left: Oh yeah, part one was indeed awesome. Loved Zabuza and Haku. Beside the Sandaime vs. Orochimaru fight it was the best arc of part one.
    And drsckarasu: The guards at the gate would have gotten mistrustful if there would've been two Nejis. Either way you have to pass the gate and things would have been really suspicious if there were two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Basically this random guy with the letter just had the purpose to seem suspect. Kishimoto tried to make us believe this guy would be the murderer and the thing with his confession for Sakura was just a desperate filler or reason why he was actually there. It doesn't matter at all how old he is because, as you guys said, we probably won't see him again.
    Actually, his age does matter. Because regardless of the pointlessness of his character, it's still extremely creepy that a 30 year old guy has a crush on Sakura.

Not only was it an extremely tacky and pointless scene, but it just adds more fuel to the fire of Kishi's disturbed sense of male-female relationships.

But let's be honest: Really nobody here should be surprised about such things. Come on, it's Kishimoto. We're used that he has no fuckin' clue about relationships (at least in his manga). To be perfectly honest I could imagine that Kishimoto tried to let this random guy seem like 18 or maybe 20 but simply failed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information