+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 494 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 9874

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

sasuke is a terrible character, one of the few characters who actually gets worse the more personality he gets, I don't usually say shit like this but he should never have been given a personality, I mean if you want to see a good guy turn to a complete shit head in a good way, go read berserk, that you can understand, like Kareem said siad (lol) he has no reason for his point of view, he's not even a cool villain, he's just a guy you want to get the shit kicked out of, and that's because how badly he's presented he's villiany at all and he's not reedemable at all and he most certainly isn't fucking cool, he goes up there with aizen in horrible villains

I kind of want someone to revive his village and they just have everyone kill them again right when he goes to give everyone a hug, that I would love to see

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Well personally I wouldn't want a legion of 50,000 nightmarish phase-melding psychos on my case.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah Sasuke is a horrendous shit, but we're in the minority on this folks. Most fans in Japan just eat him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Well personally I wouldn't want a legion of 50,000 nightmarish phase-melding psychos on my case.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah Sasuke is a horrendous shit, but we're in the minority on this folks. Most fans in Japan just eat him up.
    And plenty of people in America too, though he is admittedly less popular here.

BTW Choperman it's fine if you just call me Kareem.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    BTW Choperman it's fine if you just call me Kareem.
    But I had to say there, it was perfect!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

I've got Disney XD on right now, and Naruto Shippuden is on. They're at the point where Asuma dies. I remember this being a very powerful moment in the manga and the original anime, but the dub isn't nearly as compelling. And I was actually a defender of the dub because I watched it on Toonami, and I remember really liking it when I watched it at age 11-12. Looking at some of the not-nostalgic parts now, they're not nearly as well executed as I remember. The delivery is just bland for the most part. Maybe when it was first coming out, I was just so enthralled by how interesting and exciting the writing was (come on Naruto was very good in Zabuza and Chunin Exams) that I didn't notice how lackluster most of the voice acting was.

However, there is one voice actor that I know did a good job. Steven Jay Blum. Why? Because it's Steven Fucking Blum!! Is there anything that man can't do?

Edit: I just switched to Boondocks.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

I feel bad for people that actually grew up on Naruto and have it as an identifiable part of their childhood.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I feel bad for people that actually grew up on Naruto and have it as an identifiable part of their childhood.
    I think I turned out perfectly fine to be honest with you. Don't know about others though.

Edit: Also by the time I was 13 (I think even before that) I realized One Piece was better, because I started reading the manga/watching the subbed anime.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; May 15th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

the animes of my childhood were the big names like dragonball, pokemon, etc.
    at age 14 i also discovered one piece,
    and it wasn't long before i stumbled upon the world of internet forums and started getting into manga and the original versions.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I grew with the old Disney/WB/Tom&Jerry cartoons.

Best moments in my life.
    eaf4e9

I didn't grow up with Naruto, started watching it when I was in the 9th grade. I think the anime was around 120 eisodes in at that time. Marothining the Chunin was probably the greatest memory I have with Naruto... ah good times

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

I was raised on Dragon Ball, Spielberg cartoons (Animaniacs, Freakazoid!, Tiny Toons, etc), and old episodes of Looney Tunes.

So yeah, I really wasn't effected by Naruto at all growing up.

I didn't really encounter Naruto until I found the original OP. Which was incidentally about when CN started whoring it (Naruto).

I grew up with DBZ, Pokemon, and Digimon far as anime went. Disney and the good days of CN for American cartoons

I yearn for some of those days...

I'm pretty similar to RPGJay, watching Animaniacs and Tiny Toons Adventures growing up, for anime it's not Naruto (never watched much anime of it, in fact) but other animes like Dragon Ball, Doraemon, Captain Tsubasa, Detective Conan, Cardcaptor Sakura, Hamtaro etc. My first experience with Naruto is from the manga, and to be honest I actually prefer Naruto over One Piece at the early voluems. Back then I thought Oda's art is ugly, the moment when I saw Usopp's ugly mug I dropped it - whereas with Naruto it was Zabuza arc and the Chuunin exam, so yeah. I dropped Naruto after the timeskip, and only went back to OP when I saw Water Seven which I thought was gorgeous, thankfully my cousin has a full collection and I'm still hitting myself for not sticking it out at least until Arlong or Baratie Arc, and thus is spoiled for Robin joining.

I grew up on a lot of the toonami stuff like DBZ. Naruto was however, he first anime which really got me into subbed anime and into manga as well, so it is disappointing to see how far its fallen

Well, like One Piece, I heard of Naruto, but didn't give a fuck.
    Then, when I was 10 and I moved to New York, my step-brother showed me.
    And I fucking loved it.
    Sure, I knew of other anime (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragon Ball), but I didn't know what an anime was until I started watching Naruto.
    Everything I did back then and for three years most likely had something to with Naruto, besides school stuff.
    Now I know. Now I know that there are better stuff out there, like One Piece.

*cough cough* don't we have a thread of this already? fuck it I'm joining, I grew up on dbz, yugioh, pokemon, g-force, outlaw star etc... late 90s and early 2000s damn when tv was still watchable. I do remember catching the first airing of naruto in the uk all the way back in 2006. I wonder if 4kids one piece counts as childhood I saw that when I was like 11/12ish.

Okay I just found this online.

Can someone explain this ?

Haha, I tried that.
    It's okay, actually.
    Just Ninjas vs. Soul Reapers.
    Cool fighting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information