Closed Thread
Page 500 of 500 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 498 499 500
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I wonder if Sai ever introduces himself as part of team 7 to anyone
    I genuinely enjoyed his presence he don't deserved to be a budget sasuke
    This post is for Sai's waistline
    Sai is better than Sasuke in every possible metric. Ino clearly won the marriage war against Sakura.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

ah yes Chad development into a pro wrestler was excellent
    Don't you know? If you're a Mexican you're either a singer (or Mariachi), a wrestler, a soap opera star,or a gang member.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Sai is better than Sasuke in every possible metric.
    Pepperidge Farm could've swore people didn't think too highly of Sai originally.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Ino clearly won the marriage war against Sakura.
    Too bad their kid looks hella weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I actually like Ino more than Sakura and I'm glad she got Sai over absentee father.
    Even her powers is better than punching things real hard.

I'm just sad Lee never got someone.
    Maybe him and Tenten didn't hook up because neji died.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Don't you know? If you're a Mexican you're either a singer (or Mariachi), a wrestler, a soap opera star,or a gang member.
    Just missing a cowboy hat or ukelele but you know, Kubo was a master of subtlety.

Considering Oda came up with King Taco, I don't think we can judge Kubo on this one.

I'm just sad Lee never got someone.
    Deep down we now Metal's mom is the Springtime of Youth.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Pepperidge Farm could've swore people didn't think too highly of Sai originally.
    Too bad their kid looks hella weird.
    I think originally they didn't, but we has a hella more part of team 7 than Sasuke ever was.
    All the kid look weird being a copy+paste mix of their parents. The only with a unique design was Sarada, guess what an Uchiha gets Kishimoto's attention, what a notion.

I'm just here for the 500th page. And after all these years, I can still safely say this about Naruto...

I know the Boruto anime is infamously bad but is the Boruto manga better than the median Naruto chapter? (Not a high bar I know)

From the few chapters I read of Boruto, I would say no. The characters are bland, we are yet again on a secret cabal lead by the space bunny clan against the world, nothing seems to fit well in the world building, technology is now somehow able do duplicate jutsu and make cyborgs equal to powerful ninjas.

Since Worldbuilding was a recent topic again...

It's always fun to see Naruto and Sasuke, who have reached godhood in terms of ninja powers, get punched in the face by another deadpan generic alien while waiting for their young lovechild to save the day.

It's always fun to see Naruto and Sasuke, who have reached godhood in terms of ninja powers, get punched in the face by another deadpan generic alien while waiting for their young lovechild to save the day.
    It's the sequel nerf effect, more deadly than japanese flu or isekai trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

Oh man, good video, I love it

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

Didnīt expect him to refer to power ceiling almost solely in a vid about worldbuilding, but he is right of course. The fights quickly went from being creative within certain parameters to a measuring contest of who got the biggest explosions. I remember laughing really hard when Madara started dropping meteors, seemed kind of ridiculous of him to fight the alliance in hand to hand combat just a few moments before (though arguably it still provided visually).

Problem with wasting the potential started even with Chunin exams arc though, despite it being pretty good and i guess universally loved, only the second arc saw the introduction of many new characters from never before heard villages, instead of expanding the world for a while through episodic missions.

I like how that video kept it really simple concentrating on the early world building that happened and then how it completely went out of the window by simply showing that montage of pure carnage. We went from a world where a guy with little offensive power but a strategic mind like Shikamaru was valued to none of it really mattering since godly ninjas can just punch or atomize any problem out of existence.

Also the entire village decided they loved and adored Naruto and were waiting for him and him alone to save the day, OFF CAMERA, during the Pain Invasion. Like, the entire theoretical point of the series was accomplished off camera?

Really though the mess of retcons Naruto himself went through... "Well, he was just a random child that was born during the attack so we used him in a last ditch hail mary to contain the fox demon, but now we think he IS the demon and that thing is an uncontrollable being of pure hate and destruction..."

turned into

"He's the son of the two most beloved ninja in the entire village including the Hokage, who is undergoing a ritual that's been done regularly for centuries in every single village and his mother even has a specifically good bloodline for this and the Kyuubi is really very nice and cuddly.."

Nevermind the carryover knock on effect that had on *Gara*, whose backstory was "they took the emergency measure that was done to Naruto... and did it on PURPOSE. What monsters!" to "Normal tradition, Gaara was very loved."
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I like to think Kishi getting married and having a kid changed the direction of the manga and gave retcons that otherwise won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    sasuke's cool
    Sakoora the beautiful.

Eyepatch wolf in general has some pretty good manga/anime deep dives, including for One Piece - I don't agree with all of them personally, but they're all pretty well made and thankfully devoid of "youtuber-shrillness"

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I remember being confused when I learned that Naruto was still ongoing after the Pain arc. To me that was obviously the ending and only expected some arc tying loose ends. And then it just didn't stop.
    Wash your hands.

FINALLY. That only took six years. A far cry from the olden days. (I know the thread started in 2011, but then it had a long break when it merged with the Bleach thread, so...)

THIS ONE IS DONE!

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Closed Thread

Thread Information