Closed Thread
Page 499 of 500 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Oh man the greatest turning point of no return was the end of Pain invasion.
    After that it all went downhill, like two seperate manga before that point.
    Which is actually hilarious considering the arc after was when Kishimoto truly introduced the other kages in an attempt to world build but actually just wanted to use them as fodder for his grand war against trees.
    Everything before was so Konoha centric but open the world up and bang bang goes the story.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    words
    I said it would make it better, not save it.

I mean you’d still have Pain killing half the village and then resurrecting them,
    That arc was a mess. A complete mess. Hinata's "confession" was the only good thing.

Danzo being abruptly killed off after his duplicity was revealed,
    Another interesting plot dropped because discusting real war politics was to hard to Kishimoto.
    Itachi killing his clan for reasons eventually being revealed that he (along with Obito) killed his clan because Danzo fucked up his and Shunsui’s plan,
    Itachi redemption was another instance of Uchica wank.
    the war dragging out for thousands of chapters,
    The war sucked hard.
    Taka/Hebi doing nothing meaningful,
    Sasuke groupies suck.
    all the other Jinchuuriki’s being glossed over,
    Besides B being a boss, the rest was squandered. Gaara got more character in thee Rock Lee spin off and all the others are unknowns. But them he couldn't handle the Konoha 11, more characters would be disasrous.

Hinata doing nothing after revealing her feelings to Naruto,
    She won the bowl, that's more action than most of Kishimoto's females.
    Obito and Madara getting the same power up chapters apart (which Naruto also gets),
    Don't even remember what you are referring. Bless this. But i guess Harashima cells? The answer pretty much a bunch of things.
    Madara being broken to the point even a powered up Naruto & Sasuke can’t stop him,
    Uchiha wank to the maximum.
    Naruto being able to heal Guy but not save his leg,
    Ninja Jesus, don't need to explain shit.

Yamato being held hostage by branches,
    Yama-who? You mean Kaido's son?

Naruto's world really was as shallow as a puddle. The story would have been better served if it was just divided in two like a red vs blue situation. Developing another nation like Konoha would have been much easier than introducing a ton of big and minor villages only to do nothing with them.

What they did with the Village Of Sound was worse than what they did with any of the other villages since that was founded by one of the early and central villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

My cut-off point was Naruto getting to cheat with shadow clones to master his shuriken-rasengan. Dude had all that timeskip time training and basically came back with nothing so he we could watch him cheat-learn new stuff.

I get infinite more enjoyment out of watching the vast majority of fillers out of part 1 than I ever did out of pretty much everything in Shippuden. Seeing the squads and sand trio interacting more in non-canon missions is practically the entire appeal to the series to me anymore. I can mildly get some interest in rewatching the save Gaara arc, but after that I'm basically already done.

Having watched the whole thing in a fanmade filler free cut in the span of three months, I can say Sasuke assembling his dumb team up to the the start of the war was the absolute worst part of the series, and some of the worst storytelling I have seen in fiction. The war itself is so stupid that it's quite entertaining. Naruto the Last was garbage.

The filler wedding arc that ended Shipuden and was based on a light novel is unironically fantastic and heartwarming and is what Naruto should've always been (except add actual fights lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The filler wedding arc that ended Shipuden and was based on a light novel is unironically fantastic and heartwarming and is what Naruto should've always been (except add actual fights lol).
    Yeah, the anime ended up finishing in a high note. It was cool how Iruka was the closest thing to a protagonist there.

One of the episodes was literally a Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth chapter in disguise.

Last edited by King Cannon; September 22nd, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

Yeah world building is not Kishi's forte. I also enjoyed Boruto more when it was filler seeing what the parents are up to. The ongoing battle with this alien host guy is really uninteresting to me. It's basically an extended fight of the last Naruto arc.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; September 22nd, 2020 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Yeah, the anime ended up finishing in a high note. It was cool how Iruka was the closest thing to a protagonist there.

One of the episodes was literally a Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth chapter in disguise.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/26872809...a5qo1_400.gifv

https://pa1.narvii.com/7068/a937d8e6...540-304_hq.gif

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1a3bc8dc...a5qo3_500.gifv
    Even Tenten was great in it.

Springtime Tenten is a top tier character.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I must know about the ghost neiji that came back to get buff.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Kishimoto should have sent Konoha 11 to other nations and have arcs around them, developing them and introducing other countries and their ninjas concurrently.
    More than half of them did nothing significant in part 2.
    And it is hilarious how naruto trains better on his own and learn more as compared to his 2 years with Jiraiya.
    This series could have benefitted a lot if kishi was able to see the potential his characters have, instead of shoving them off to focus on some dudes we don't even care about.
    Outside of Akatsuki, almost every new character that is not Konoha in part 2 have zero or even less relevance as compared to the 11 maybe except for Killer B who got nerfed and was pretty much useless during the war.
    What a waste.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; September 23rd, 2020 at 01:09 AM.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Konoha 11 was a mistake. They were introduced during the chunin exams along participants of other nations, but because they were newly introduced they got the spotlight and that meant that the finalists were all konoha + sand brothers + sound guys (who were from konoha anyway, along with Orochimaru). All of that just to never use most of the konoha 11 again in the main story (filler apparently milked a lot out of them, but I skipped that).
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Kishimoto should have sent Konoha 11 to other nations and have arcs around them, developing them and introducing other countries and their ninjas concurrently.
    More than half of them did nothing significant in part 2.
    And it is hilarious how naruto trains better on his own and learn more as compared to his 2 years with Jiraiya.
    This series could have benefitted a lot if kishi was able to see the potential his characters have, instead of shoving them off to focus on some dudes we don't even care about.
    Outside of Akatsuki, almost every new character that is not Konoha in part 2 have zero or even less relevance as compared to the 11 maybe except for Killer B who got nerfed and was pretty much useless during the war.
    What a waste.
    Why not that worked for Bleach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

ah yes Chad development into a pro wrestler was excellent

Create a world with almost endless potential, concentrate on Ninja Jesus and edge lord.
    Yeah never really got me, i enjoyed the Zabuza arc though.

Just like many authors and writers, Kishimoto clearly just threw a lot things in the story with no idea what to do with them after their introduction. The Zabuza arc was cool in big part because of some intriguing backstory on the Hidden Mist village where people were forced to kill each other to pass their exam. Zabuza also used to be one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen which were hyped as a group composed of fighters of a high calibre. In the end, things were retconned, the Hidden Mist was never really explored and most of the swordsmen were already dead only to come back as lame zombies with no personality to serve as some cheap obstacles.

I really have nothing to add, I'm just posting to edge this thread closer to page 500.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

sasuke's cool

I wonder if Sai ever introduces himself as part of team 7 to anyone
    I genuinely enjoyed his presence he don't deserved to be a budget sasuke
    This post is for Sai's waistline

Kakashi for mvp of series

Closed Thread

Thread Information