Closed Thread
Page 497 of 500 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

She dropped out of the top 10, 3 times apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Probably because she's the only one out of the 5 thats constantly appear in anime filler and appears as a down to earth mother figure that relates to the average household audience.
    She does normal human things, shows motherly traits that is hugely relatable compared to fighting alien ninjas and is more fleshed out.
    She's like a caretaker figure.

Or you know, a bunch of people just wanted her to win for once or to troll this poll.
    By the way I made that entire first paragraph up based on a few YouTube clips and out of my ass

Like, I can see the site right there, but I genuinely have to ask for more details about this poll, how official it is, where it came from, who voted in it, etc., because clearly something funny happened here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    down to earth mother figure
    After Sarada asked some uncomfortable questions, she punched their house which completely crumbled down to earth.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    After Sarada asked some uncomfortable questions, she punched their house which completely crumbled down to earth.
    Like ninja moms.

I guess is that people just saw Uchiha S, and voted that.

For what little of Bort I read, Sasuke also mellowed out and was a productive member of society and a worthwhile mentor, while being a deadbeat dad.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Like ninja moms.

I guess is that people just saw Uchiha S, and voted that.

For what little of Bort I read, Sasuke also mellowed out and was a productive member of society and a worthwhile mentor, while being a deadbeat dad.
    Can raise another's child but bunny goddess be dammed he will not raise his own.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also didn't Sakura destroyed a house they haven't finished paying in that instance?

I realized this particular thread was ever so slowly approaching its 500th page and being closed, so I was going through my youtube channel and... found something. The actual anniversary of the day was actually in April five months agobut...

Guys, it's been 10 YEARS.

Also the valentine's edition I couldn't get out of my head that followed a few months later. That's only at nine years and seven months. So split the difference between the two versions and we're at a 10 years now!

The original event.
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post1551443

Time and the death of imageshack and photobucket have wrecked a lot of it, even since I went back in and updated a lot of it a few years later, but its still one of my big fond memories. To this day whenever I hear the song I still end up thinking of this place, and of that day. We did it again in some of the later threads but it was never quite the same magic.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by airflow
    you
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm
    were
    Quote Originally Posted by insider2000
    all
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone
    part
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno
    of
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk
    it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyordius
    even
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk
    those
    Quote Originally Posted by narutosss
    who
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly
    left
    Quote Originally Posted by TLC
    long
    Quote Originally Posted by LosKnoggos
    ago
    Last edited by Robby; September 6th, 2020 at 08:37 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

You have a YouTube channel?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You have a YouTube channel?
    Yeah but I don't post anything unique or personal to it. Just ancient AMVs that mostly I didn't actually make. 50 or so classics up on there. Used to be more but random stuff gets flagged and I mostly just get inspired to upload more every few years.

https://www.youtube.com/user/robbybevard/videos
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I feel your pain man.

Anyone has a list of every Naruto retcon there is?

I've been re-reading Part I and surprisingly enjoying how tactical and consistent the writing is that I became curious to see just how deep the rabbit hole actually becomes later. I want to make a list just because I'm bored. Help me out if I forget something.

Major retcons:

- Naruto the child of prophecy is the most glaring one since it completely goes against the manga's theme. Anything regarding the Sage of Six Paths likely counts.
    - The Tailed Beasts. The Shukaku is stated to be just the soul of a dead monk sealed in a teacup (which is sorta silly).
    - It was highly implied that Kurama would die if Naruto did, which is why he always lent his chakra for Naruto when he was in danger. Later, it's revealed that Tailed Beasts are just revived after a host dies.
    - Kurama being good all along. He's very clearly written to be an actual demon.
    - Hashirama being the "God of Shinobi" when that title was used for Sarutobi, who was more worried at fighting Minato than either of the Senju bros vs. Orochimaru.
    - Everything regarding Itachi. I did notice a few hints from the Sasuke flashbacks that Itachi was being a secretive about something regarding the massacre, but him being a hero was definitely not intended.
    - The Sharingan being related to the Byakugan, although this one could be chalked up to Kakashi gossip.
    - Danzo. And everything related to Root since they're just a secret secret force.
    - The Uzumaki. Naruto's treatment from the villagers in general.
    - Gaara's whole backstory, including his uncle's nonsense fake confession.

Minor retcons:

- Naruto is said to have failed his academy graduation three times, so he should've been held back, yet we see him growing up with the rest of the Konoha 9.
    - Speaking of which, shadow cloning is necessary to pass the graduation, yet Lee, who can't use Ninjutsu, manages it.
    - Even worse later, a random chunin states that shadow cloning is a Jonin-level technique, even though it's literally a homework requirement.
    - Gaara wearing earrings in his debut despite being unable to harm himself.
    - The Hyuga being the oldest clan of Konoha, which makes no sense considering the Uchiha and Senju founded the place.
    - Naruto liking Sakura because of Sasuke, and not because he actually liked her.
    - Kakashi states Kabuto learned to fight from his adoptive dad, the chief of the medical corps, even though Kabuto was orphan and raised by a housemother that was part of Root.
    - Hayate and Anko taking the Chuunin exam with Kakashi despite Kakashi being 6 at the time and Hayate/Anko being even younger.

Ignored subplots:

- Inner Sakura being an actual entity since it plays a role against Ino's mind transfer.
    - Hayate's girlfriend becoming an avenger.
    - The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, which were implied to still be alive during the series' run.
    - Kabuto attempting to kill Sasuke in the hospital is never explained. In fact, Orochimaru and Kabuto sorta have a tense relationship in the beginning, which is strange since Kabuto is completely loyal to Orochimaru after the Chunin exams.

And this is only the stuff regarding Part I elements (Part II introduces a ton of subplots that get retconned anyway).

I also noticed that even during Part I, the Sharingan goes through inumerous powerups from nowhere. It's introduced as only being able to copy jutsu, but then later exhibits all sorts of other abilities from nowhere including Byakugan-like stuff like perceiving things that the naked eye shouldn't.
    Last edited by King Cannon; September 15th, 2020 at 06:20 PM.

I can only say that Neiji was right.

Too difficult to write tactical battles and create spreadsheets about each character.
    Basically after the time skip trying to be like Hunter X Hunter was mentally draining but Dragon Ball Z route towards combat was way easier.
    Add that to the fact that the entire story actually only had one theme which he cared about and we can all see why everything goes out the window.

the themes being keel eye power and Uchiha supremacy?

Close but I was more towards bromance love saves the day and the world
    I-It's not like you are my b-best friend, b-baka!!

@King Cannon can I use that post for the Naruto die hards claiming it was perfect? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Minor retcons:

- Naruto is said to have failed his academy graduation three times, so he should've been held back, yet we see him growing up with the rest of the Konoha 9.
    - Speaking of which, shadow cloning is necessary to pass the graduation, yet Lee, who can't use Ninjutsu, manages it.
    - Even worse later, a random chunin states that shadow cloning is a Jonin-level technique, even though it's literally a homework requirement.
    I love this whole post. WRT this though, there's an answer:

It's the Bunshin no Jutsu (creates an afterimage that has no substance) that's required to pass the Konoha graduation (still no clue how Lee manages it, tho).

Naruto is enticed to read the forbidden scroll of Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (creates a physical duplicate which can do damage), which is indeed a Jonin-level technique.

Even Sakura uses the Bunshin no Jutsu, during her fight in the Chunin Exam with Ino.
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    It's the Bunshin no Jutsu (creates an afterimage that has no substance) that's required to pass the Konoha graduation (still no clue how Lee manages it, tho).
    Presumably Guy was in charge of grading that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Presumably Guy was in charge of grading that day.
    One figures, right?

Lee is so fast that he used Serious Side Hops to create after images.

Closed Thread

Thread Information