+ Reply to Thread
Page 484 of 494 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,680 of 9874

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Something I love is how dropping meteors is a thing that a popular shonen series get to after a timeskip. Naruto did it. One Piece did it. Fairy Tail did it. I hope it doesn't stop anytime soon.
    Now that you mention it... http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/576/17

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Now that you mention it... http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/576/17
    Of course Bleach had to do it too.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Can't wait for that to happen in Attack on Titan

I just cannot imagine dropping such a giant meteor. If only I could dublicate me, then I finally might be able to imagine it as well.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Of course Bleach had to do it too.
    Weirdly enough, Bleach did it the best. At least it makes some sense. The imagining it into existence part, not copying yourself to be able to imagine it into existence part.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    I just cannot imagine dropping such a giant meteor. If only I could dublicate me, then I finally might be able to imagine it as well.
    Lol, yeah.

But at least it got some explanation. Other manga are like - shut up, it's a friggin meteor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

But I do have to ask why exactly the Rinnegan can even do so much to begin with. Apparently the six paths are inspired by the six realms of samsara. And I get that chakra also has very loose inspiration from hinduism, if I'm correct. But still, the way it zigzags between so many themes feels cheap and overpowered, even if Pain is not the strongest character in the series. The Rinnegan practically sounds like a fanfic ability. The one superpower that bratty kid in your first grade clique would pick that had the loophole of having multiple or all superpowers.

Sharingan stayed consistently focused on visual traits like copying/predicting movements and causing illusions until things like black sun flames and giant ghost warriors with loose Japanese mythological inspiration came out of nowhere.
    Wasnt copying just Kakashi against Zabuza and then never shown again?

I didn't mind it until abilities like Susanoo and the Rinnegan's ridiculous random powers started showing up.
    Sharingan was fun... until the whole manga was just about Uchiha/Sharingan...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Wasnt copying just Kakashi against Zabuza and then never shown again?
    Sasuke copied Rock Lee's Taijutsu. And Sakura's pencil movements during written exam.

That's about all I can think of.

The copying I don't blame too much for not being in focus, given how we started getting proper explanations on how some of the Jutsu worked. It wouldn't make sense for someone like Sasuke to be copying hundreds of Jutsu given most used in combat are either hidden family Jutsu(like the Nara clan's Shadow stuff), or elemental jutsu. In Part II we learn about how the Chakra natures work, so it'd make sense for them not to be used on a major scale when Sasuke was stated to have Fire and Lightning natures.

Of course, Kishi started getting loose with his rules on this stuff particularly toward the end. Despite them stating pretty clearly "People have one predominant nature and a second, some very skilled people can use multiple" , we got one of the last databooks listing almost every character with three natures. And now in Boruto he's using lightning, wind, and water style without even being officially a Genin. Even in the war, we saw the entire alliance using Earth chakra to create a wall to block the 10 Tails attack, which really shouldn't make sense since we know some people just shouldn't be able to do that. Despite it being said to be an "easy Jutsu everyone can do". Kishimoto is honestly fantastic at world building. His problem is that he makes these pretty detailed systems and then just breaks the rules of them when he wants to tell an interesting story.

Only cool part that I liked about that aspect of it was solidifying the statement of the Third Hokage knowing "every Jutsu in the Leaf". Might seem like a hyperbole, but then in the war he was busting out every element and then some. We're here talking about Sharingan, meanwhile Hiruzen learned everything without magic ninja eyes.

On a last note, it is disappointing that Kakashi was specifically titled the "copycat ninja" yet we only saw him use a few Jutsu outside of his kamui and Chidori variants. He did some cool stuff like the Lightning Clone, but again that kind of is just the 4th or 5th variation of the Clone Jutsu we had seen at that point. I would have loved to see him retain some those skills without his Sharingan, but from what I hear of the novels, Kakashi claims to be useless without being able to do his Chidori properly after the war until he makes some generic Lightning Jutsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

As I understood, you don't need to have an earth or water natured chakra to use earth or water ninjutsu. Just need to be in contact with the said element.

Of course, then anyone should be able to use wind jutsu. I guess it depends on how much time a ninja is willing to spend on training various ninjutsu. Not everyone is a genius capable of learning them fast.

I'm not saying Kishi didn't cut corners, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sasuke copied Rock Lee's Taijutsu. And Sakura's pencil movements during written exam.

That's about all I can think of.
    Yeah that, but i was more thinking about the Ninjutsu stuff... Kakashi was named after it, but used it 1 time

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    my favorite ability is still dropping a meteor (from somewhere) followed by dropping a second, much larger meteor (from somewhere) atop the first meteor (where ever it came from)
    Madara with dat meteor attack cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Have to say... the best way to throw meteors isn't of Kishi, Kubo or Oda... is from Araki.

Viviano Westwood's Planet Waves gave me quite the thrills fighting with Jolyne's Stone Free, thanks to logic ofc. I can even say that the involvement of Doflamingo and Fujitora comes from that scene
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

I have to say...Boruto series makes me like two characters I used to hate. Sai and Ino. They actually make a decent family and couple. So far the most normal and functional lol.

I like this series when it's more slice of life lol.

If you use you chakrasaber and got the Rinnegan to manipulate gravity... does that makes you a Jedi knight? D:

Science Vs Ninjutsu

Interesting versus, i'll give them that.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Boruto is going places. Chapter 19 spoilers
    Spoiler:
    this chapter it had exoskeleton suits, robots and a eyepatch cyborg ninja with a minigun

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sesha View Post
    Boruto is going places. Chapter 19 spoilers
    Spoiler:
    this chapter it had exoskeleton suits, robots and a eyepatch cyborg ninja with a minigun
    I don't read the manga, haven't even started. Just... what? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I don't read the manga, haven't even started. Just... what? O.o
    The best part...
    Spoiler:
    The cyborg is that guy with the Byakugan that was with the Mizukage.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The best part...
    Spoiler:
    The cyborg is that guy with the Byakugan that was with the Mizukage.
    Spoiler:
    Ao. Though he's hardly a cyborg. I think he has one artificial limb. Though that mini gun lol jeez

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ao. Though he's hardly a cyborg. I think he has one artificial limb. Though that mini gun lol jeez
    Spoiler:
    I know his name is Ao. It just that it's not everyone who bothered remembering his name.

https://readms.net/r/boruto/019/4787/1

Sarada's shoes bother the crap out of me. Like aside for practicality they seem weirdly unfit for her character.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information