Closed Thread
Page 483 of 500 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Feels so weird for the new author to resurrect a character that was all but confirmed to be dead by the end of the original manga. Specially one of the very few casualties in the war.

Since Ao is one of those characters I was particularly fond of for no apparent reason, I'm not sure how I feel about him being brought back to play the role of a villain (although it's pretty obvious it will not remain that way).

That aside, this manga desperately needs to make the main characters likable. Boruto still swings from being a douche to being just forgettable. Sarada was actually likable in her gaiden, but here she has zero weight as a character. Mizuki is the closer you can get to that, and even so he is still miles away from being an interesting character.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Damnit, I type so fast on my phone that I lost track of typos like that.
    Everybody gets one and a few more after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lr-hr-rh View Post
    Somewhere there's an alternate pretend universe where Minato and Kushina survive the 9-tails attack to raise Naruto and he still turns out to be a bratty, problematic kid. 'Cause apparently he just has bratty sperm and he probably got that from Minato

I wonder if this version of Naruto, where he's a brat for no reason other than shenanigans (I feel like there's a great portmentau of sharingan and shenanigans out there in the ether that I just can't think of), actually becomes the behemoth media franchise that exists in our world.
    Road To Another Ninja.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The anime at least has made Boruto a much more tolerable character. He's still bratty and immature but not to such an annoying degree as he is in the manga and the movie. I get the feeling the anime is just gonna be the more enjoyable way to consume this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    I hoped for some good storytelling? Would be cool if it was Ao... but i dont think so. Just want to see Konohamaru mixing up some Naruto/Asuma/Hiruzen style of fighting... but at the end probably some rasengan?

At the moment i cant see why Ao isnt in Kirigakure and working in the shadows...
    That was the vessel most likely. Maybe even that dude Boruto fights in the beginning.

Ao smells like Boruto's Haku to me. Or rather Haku and Zabuza fused into one person. There's not a doubt they will end up in a conflict due to series of unfreseeable events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Road To Another Ninja.
    Hah! I wonder if you couldn't have some sort of meta movie where bratty Naruto with parents is transported to our Japan and sees how popular his franchise is when he's an orphan. He then attempts to return to a past version of his own world so he can kill his parents for better ratings.

Or maybe it can be a cross with Strangers on a Train, where our world adult Naruto and parallel world brat Naruto meet and plot to improve the ratings of both their series. Bratty Naruto will kill Hinata and "kill" Adulto to orphan Bolt while Adulto will kill Minato and Kushina. Then everyone is orphans.

These and other metatextual plot shenanigans will be spoiled at the 11th hour by some Sharingan wielding producer at Jump. The fake moral of the story will be to value your family even when they threaten the future of your fictional existence...

...Then in the epilogue it'll be revealed that Sharingan producer-san used his sharanigans to make Bolt appear the exact kind of bratty kid that is believable to each particular viewer. He rakes in a truckload of cash, and that what qualifies as a "realistic" kid will be consistent between literally no-one will not be commented on by anyone. And the real moral of the story will be that Sharingans rule.

I may have gone too far in a few places there
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

So did the author just say "I like Ao. I'm gonna use him, even if he was clearly killed".

EDIT: I think this is the first official confirmation of how many years have passed since the war, 16. Up until now, we just kept hearing about it being "over 10 years" since the war, and knowing Boruto is 12 and when his parents got together(two years after the war).
    Last edited by Md-Martin; October 17th, 2017 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

It's funny how at the beginning of Boruto we see him having Byakugan instead of his right eye, just like Ao who has now appeared out of nowhere. Is it really a coincidence that Ao of all people was chosen to return, or is he going to be a more prominent character.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's funny how at the beginning of Boruto we see him having Byakugan instead of his right eye, just like Ao who has now appeared out of nowhere. Is it really a coincidence that Ao of all people was chosen to return, or is he going to be a more prominent character.
    Well going by the anime, it's not a Byakugan.

It's unnamed at the moment, but he visited his grandfather and Aunt at the Hyuuga temple to see if it truly was the Byakugan, as it normally takes an amount of physical training to unlock(With Himawari being noted as an exception). After sparring with Hinata's sister, they determine that, not it is not a Byakugan.
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post

It's unnamed at the moment, but he visited his grandfather and Aunt at the Hyuuga temple to see if it truly was the Byakugan, as it normally takes an amount of physical training to unlock(With Himawari being noted as an exception). After sparring with Hinata's sister, they determine that, not it is not a Byakugan.
    So it's... Tenseigan? Or something in between the 2?

I should have known a normal Byakugan wouldn't be enough for a main character.

But I'm curious, what's going on in the anime? I figured Boruto lost an eye and had it replaced. How old is he now?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So it's... Tenseigan? Or something in between the 2?

I should have known a normal Byakugan wouldn't be enough for a main character.

But I'm curious, what's going on in the anime? I figured Boruto lost an eye and had it replaced. How old is he now?
    They're still in the academy, currently on a field trip to the hidden mist village where a bunch of young jobbers are trying to start a coup by stealing the seven swords of the mist. They will get beaten by hidden leaf academy students

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    They're still in the academy, currently on a field trip to the hidden mist village where a bunch of young jobbers are trying to start a coup by stealing the seven swords of the mist. They will get beaten by hidden leaf academy students
    So, a filler.

How does he already have a new eye, what Martin was talking about? Put it in spoiler tabs in case someone cares enough not to be spoiled.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Not even a dedicated spinoff to a protagonist with Byakugan can make that ability become relevant like the Sharingan lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I checked a couple of vids on youtube and connected the dots. So it awakens in Boruto's eye on its own. I kinda hoped it was his mother or sister's eye. Or maybe grandfather's or Ao's even. That would give a nice twist, raise the stakes and leave us wondering for years. If we cared enough, that is.

But alas, it's another super powered eye ability again. I saw some clips mentioning "teleport". Oh well. It's weird that the anime decided to color the eye sclera black while it's white in manga. That confused me at first.

Anyway, saw Boruto vs Hanabi. Apart from sloppy drawing, the choreography was cool. I like how Boruto's fighting style with clones is more elegant and refined than Naruto's. It's like seeing how Sasuke would fight if he could make that many clones.

Not even a dedicated spinoff to a protagonist with Byakugan can make that ability become relevant like the Sharingan lol.
    Well wasnt the at the end everything relevant just about the Sharingan? Not talking about the last few chapters that where only made for the movie...

Well wasnt the at the end everything relevant just about the Sharingan? Not talking about the last few chapters that where only made for the movie...
    But it's not like Sasuke's Sharingan got abruptly replaced by the Rinnegan during Part 1.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

But it's not like Sasuke's Sharingan got abruptly replaced by the Rinnegan during Part 1.
    I never liked Doujutsu that much...

I never liked Doujutsu that much...
    I didn't mind it until abilities like Susanoo and the Rinnegan's ridiculous random powers started showing up.

Spoiler:

I honestly wouldn’t even mind the Rinnegan if it stayed consistent with the abilities Pain had. Every other person that used it revealed like two new abilities each.

I honestly wouldn’t even mind the Rinnegan if it stayed consistent with the abilities Pain had. Every other person that used it revealed like two new abilities each.
    But I do have to ask why exactly the Rinnegan can even do so much to begin with. Apparently the six paths are inspired by the six realms of samsara. And I get that chakra also has very loose inspiration from hinduism, if I'm correct. But still, the way it zigzags between so many themes feels cheap and overpowered, even if Pain is not the strongest character in the series. The Rinnegan practically sounds like a fanfic ability. The one superpower that bratty kid in your first grade clique would pick that had the loophole of having multiple or all superpowers.

Sharingan stayed consistently focused on visual traits like copying/predicting movements and causing illusions until things like black sun flames and giant ghost warriors with loose Japanese mythological inspiration came out of nowhere.

Spoiler:

my favorite ability is still dropping a meteor (from somewhere) followed by dropping a second, much larger meteor (from somewhere) atop the first meteor (where ever it came from)

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Closed Thread

Thread Information