Closed Thread
Page 482 of 500 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 480 481 482 483 484 492 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

I can accept the way that Boruto acts, but please, don't hammer the lesson 3 times openly and with the same words each time.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

So Ao is evil now or have I missed something?

I can't remember Ao, was he actually important before?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    He was one of Mei's(Fourth Mizukage) retainers at the Kage Meeting. He has a Byakugan.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Ao could you forget someone as memorable as Ao

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    So Ao is evil now or have I missed something?
    There is no good or bad, remember?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I can accept the way that Boruto acts, but please, don't hammer the lesson 3 times openly and with the same words each time.
    Hopefully this is the last or among the last times. ^^

Ao was pretty cool for a side character. And night indestructible as it seems. Do you guys remember that 'splosion that he survived?
    Last edited by Razh; October 16th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I couldn't think of how he was injured during the war, but realized he was hit with the TBB along with Shikamaru's dad. I wonder how he survived considering how big those explosions were.

Was a little excited for ah Konohamaru fight and then where back to Boruto... but going by the discussion with Ao if im correct the one attacking Konohamaru and the other Jonin actually is Ao...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Ao could you forget someone as memorable as Ao
    That pun (if that's what it was) may have hurt more than watching the Yankees drop the first two games of the ALC's with the same exact score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    That pun (if that's what it was) may have hurt more than watching the Yankees drop the first two games of the ALC's with the same exact score.
    Ao, that really sounds like it hurts.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Was a little excited for ah Konohamaru fight and then where back to Boruto... but going by the discussion with Ao if im correct the one attacking Konohamaru and the other Jonin actually is Ao...
    Unless the train trip happened before the zepelin crash, or Ao already secured the thing and didn't tell the masked dude, I doubt it.

He just recieved the mission right there and then. Why would he be there before being notified?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Kinda a baseless assumption, but I feel Konohamaru should be able to stomp Ao.

I was also thinking the one attacking Konohamaru and the other Jonin was the vessel itself (assuming it is a person) somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I don't mind the tech. It makes things a little more interesting. Boruto on.the other hand is still a bratty shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Boruto's reactions bothered me until I realized he's acting his age. It kinda reminds me of myself. When I have to do something I don't like or want, I can sometimes bitch and moan about it, even though me and everyone involved knows I'm gonna do it anyway. A habit left over from childhood, lol.

So from that angle I can appreciate the author trying to keep it real. It's evident from the events so far that he intends to give Boruto some real character growth.
    Speaking as a young adult who still has their teen years a bit fresh on their mind, I think the issue with bratty Boruto is a couple of things.

The first is that his complaining isn't really nuanced. Instead of venting his frustration through more mild and controlled ways like muttering or gestures, he acts like a typical shonen loudmouth that's too stupid for his own good, even for a kid. It works for Luffy because it's used for laughs or inspiring pride and perseverence that smarter characters act too complicated to do. With Boruto and his moments being more serious, it comes off as melodramatic. And on top of that, he does so right after being told an obvious valid answer for his objective that even a generational gap shouldn't muddle. And literally ditching a mission after declaring his dream is supporting the Hokage, even if he hates tech, is ironically too childish to take seriously. The Seventh might be his dad, but he is still his freaking commandimg officer and the cornerstone of his dream of supporting the Hokage. Running off like that would be more justified in one of the first few chapters, but not really now. Honestly, I think if you just cut out everything in between Naruto finishing the mission description and Boruto acting uptight on the train. Boruto being uptight on its own is actually a funny and realistic way for a kid to deal with their emotions, by being pretentiously "mature" and focused. Sarada calling him out on that was good, and it gives credit to how Boruto's dedication to his dream is still devotingly consistent.

The second is that, as weird as this sounds, Naruto is too cool of a dad. We can argue again and again about whether or not it's logical for him to use Shadow Clones to hang out with his family while really staying at work. But ignoring that and focusing on the moments where Naruto and Boruto are actually together... He's a perfectly fine father that is always right, patient, and caring. If the protagonist is going to be frequently rebellious and dismissive of his father past his amateur first arc, then Boruto's grievances with his father actually need to hold some legitimate weight so it doesn't just come across as repetitive whining. Not that Naruto has to be a complete douchebag, but having some more fatherly flaws in how he views and approaches his son that he can gradually improve on would help make the family tension feel more real, deep, entertaining, and fresh. You can only focus on a black-and-white dynamic of one person always being right/wrong so much before it gets predictable and taints you from finding one of or both characters to be likable almost by instinct. Sarada's relationship with Sakura is actually a perfect example of how this effectively works much more than what Boruto and Naruto have going, and not just because Sarada isn't a privileged millenial since you can still have reasonable issues in a middle class lifestyle. Even Naruto's relationships with Jiraiya and Tsunade got this right.

There is only so long you can keep justifying a character's annoyingness with "they're just a kid". They need to be likable at some point early on so that we want to support them as the protagonist, even if they have compelling flaws. And the kinds of stories I love with child protagonists is when the story can actually rope you into feeling their struggles from their perspective even though you're wise and old enough to know that they're wrong. Just because they're a kid is not an excuse for not making us engagingly empathize with them. Being obviously wrong instead is always going to look obnoxious.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 16th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Speaking as a young adult who still has their teen years a bit fresh on their mind, I think the issue with bratty Boruto is a couple of things.

The first is that his complaining isn't really nuanced. Instead of venting his frustration through more mild and controlled ways like muttering or gestures, he acts like a typical shonen loudmouth that's too stupid for his own good, even for a kid. And on top of that, he does so right after being told an obvious valid answer for his objective that even a generational gap shouldn't muddle. And literally ditching a mission after declaring his dream if supporting the Hokage, even if he hates tech, is ironically too childish to take seriously. The Seventh might be his dad, but he is still his freaking commandimg officer amd the cornerstone of his dream of supporting the Hokage. Running off like that would be more justified in one of the first few chapters, but not really now. Honestly, I think if you just cut out everything in between Naruto finishing the mission description and Boruto acting uptight on the train. Boruto being uptight on its own is actually a funny and realistic way for a kid to deal with their emotions, by being pretentiously "mature" and focused. Sarada calling him out on that was good, and it gives credit to how Boruto's dedication to his dream is still devotingly consistent.

The second is that, as weird as this sounds, Boruto is too cool of a dad. We can argue again and again about whether or not it's logical for him to use Shadow Clones to hang out with his family while really staying at work. But ignoring that and focusing on the moments where Naruto and Boruto are actually together... He's a perfectly fine father that is always right, patient, and caring. If the protagonist is going to be frequently rebellious and dismissive of his father past his amateur first arc, then Boruto's grievances with his father actually need to hold some legitimate weight so it doesn't just come across as repetitive whining. Not that Naruto has to be a complete douchebag, but having some more fatherly flaws in how he views and approaches his son that he can gradually improve on would help make the family tension feel more real, deep, entertaining, and fresh. You can only focus on a black-and-white dynamic of one person always being right/wrong so much before it gets predictable and taints you from finding one of or both characters to be likable almost by instinct. Sarada's relationshil with Sakura is actually a perfect example of how this effectively works much more than what Boruto and Naruto have going, and not just because Sarada isn't a privileged millenial since you can still have reasonable issues in that lifestyle.

There is only so long you can keep justifying a character's annoyingness with "they're just a kid". They need to be likable at some point early on so that we want to support them as the protagonist, even if they have compelling flaws. And the kinds of stories I love with child protagonists is when the story can actually rope you into feeling their struggles from their perspective even though you're wise and old enough to know that they're wrong. Just because they're a kid is not an excuse for making us empathize with them. Being obviously wrong instead is always going to look obnoxious.
    Not only has technology grown, but kids are becoming parents as well.

Pretty much all of what Count said. With Naruto it made sense for the most part why he was a brat and being obnoxious. Boruto has really no excuse. Does he think making a scene makes his dad's job easier? This kinda also illustrates the problem with the child solider thing still being a thing. There's been years of peace so the majority of the new generation really aren't acting like soldiers. There's less deep personal things driving them at this point. No genocide, not too many orphans. They are less mentally ready than Naruto's generation and the it's from Hidden Leaf were pretty sheltered.

I get second hand embarrassment from Boruto running his mouth. It's like seriously kid. You have no damn idea about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Not only has technology grown, but kids are becoming parents as well.
    Damnit, I type so fast on my phone that I lost track of typos like that.

Spoiler:

This generation of ninjas is akin to superpowered errand boys, being trained into deadly arts for the sake of keeping the deadly arts alive more than a need to fight space rabits or stealthy terrorists.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

Somewhere there's an alternate pretend universe where Minato and Kushina survive the 9-tails attack to raise Naruto and he still turns out to be a bratty, problematic kid. 'Cause apparently he just has bratty sperm and he probably got that from Minato

I wonder if this version of Naruto, where he's a brat for no reason other than shenanigans (I feel like there's a great portmentau of sharingan and shenanigans out there in the ether that I just can't think of), actually becomes the behemoth media franchise that exists in our world.
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Unless the train trip happened before the zepelin crash, or Ao already secured the thing and didn't tell the masked dude, I doubt it.

He just recieved the mission right there and then. Why would he be there before being notified?
    I hoped for some good storytelling? Would be cool if it was Ao... but i dont think so. Just want to see Konohamaru mixing up some Naruto/Asuma/Hiruzen style of fighting... but at the end probably some rasengan?

At the moment i cant see why Ao isnt in Kirigakure and working in the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Damnit, I type so fast on my phone that I lost track of typos like that.
    And now you can relate to Boruto and his hate for technolgy

This particular series is a mixed bag, which at this time has been more on the negative side. There are some nice character moments and ideas, but Boruto is not a character I like, and having another mysterious organization as the main plot just does not interest me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information