Closed Thread
Page 481 of 500 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 479 480 481 482 483 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    And I wish I could see more of his elephant.
    I forgot he had that. Such a shame.

Speaking of summons, I wouldn't have minded it too much if Lee learned to summon turtles like Gai.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

I always thought it would have have been cool if Lee imitated ninjutsu by just being that good physically
    like tricking an opponent into thinking he has a fire technique when it's really just friction
    or faking a clone move by being fast enough to leave afterimages for a second

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

That actually sounds awesome, yet something that would probably make up a bunch of gags in that Rock Lee SD anime. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened there.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

It did, it was awesome.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I wonder if the war could have been a semi-permanent state of affairs after a certain point in the manga, with various arcs happening inside the war itself, in various theaters and with different actors. Instead of everything happening in 2 days between 2 clearly defined good and evil sides. We could have instead had a multiple-faction conflict, with room for various battles, with backstabbings and revolutions and new alliances and only in the end culminating in the battles against the "Masked guy"/Madara/whatever side... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    I wonder if the war could have been a semi-permanent state of affairs after a certain point in the manga, with various arcs happening inside the war itself, in various theaters and with different actors. Instead of everything happening in 2 days between 2 clearly defined good and evil sides. We could have instead had a multiple-faction conflict, with room for various battles, with backstabbings and revolutions and new alliances and only in the end culminating in the battles against the "Masked guy"/Madara/whatever side... sigh.
    But that would have required a lot more thought. And for the villain side to have more than 2 actual living persons and a bunch of zombies and mimic plants on their side.

When meeting Akatsuki for the first time, and seeing how Pain said he wanted to create a mass destruction jutsu to monopolize conflict, I actually hoped for something like that. You have mercs who end up owning conflict but then having to solve their own issues when it becomes revealed that certain elements of the organisation have their own plans (i.e. emo moon plan). But not openly, more in cold war fashion.

Then on the good side, you have Danzo and maybe dudes from other villages who want to take control of things and create a system according to their own liking. That Root angle could have went in so many more interesting directions. What if some of the cast ended up secretly working for Root?

Then we'd maybe have Naruto maturing slowly, gathering fighting experience, maybe joining ANBU, refining his fighting style, learning more than 2 jutsu. And that's Naruto alone. Think how other cast members might have benefited from this. Primarily Sakura "the genjutsu type" lmao.

Could have been so much more. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I could believe Naruto joining ANBU almost as much as Sasuke becoming a hardened killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The saddest thing for me still is that we got a better resolution to the whole cycle of hatred thing in a fucking filler episode.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I could believe Naruto joining ANBU almost as much as Sasuke becoming a hardened killer.
    Old, 1st part, hyped ANBU, sure. Not the 2nd part failing, marginalized, non existant (save Root which was also useless) ANBU.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    The saddest thing for me still is that we got a better resolution to the whole cycle of hatred thing in a fucking filler episode.
    Yeah? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah? What happened?
    In short, someone broke the cycle by forgiving instead of further holding any grudge and going for revenge.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

That's too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Wait, you mean that the final war in an action-adventure shonen series should actually comprise of a saga of arcs spanning across different places and times with a different status quo rather than one or two arcs of one huge battle that is the length of a few days stretched out into hundreds of chapters? Or in other words, you're saying a war... should be like a war? How preposterous.

Spoiler:

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I guess I just completely misunderstood the whole way it works. My bad. (Gintama is doing a damn great job with it though. Why couldn't Naruto have done something like that? Though I half expect OP's final war to be a bit like Naruto's too... who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    That got kind of swept under the rug do to him being another Sharingan user.
    So basically, like everything else in the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    So basically, like everything else in the manga?
    Hey at least we got to see what opening all 8 gates looks like and Kakashi's face.........in a novel released after the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Recently, even though the anime is adapting light novels, I can't help but feel the anime is ruining the storyline.
    By that I mean, with so many canon characters taking parts in big situation, it's almost impossible for these arcs to be brushed off as unimportant. Because the manga should in no way be impacted by outside materials, and it looks like it won't. So unless the Boruto manga is going to be short-lived, the author will have to either retcon all the anime events, or admit they happened and that his manga is incomplete.
    The second problem is in the inevitable chunin exams arc in the anime, with so many huge feats for Boruto already, him using the technological tools in the exam will become even more stupid, simply because he's on a level high enough for him to not need them anymore.
    Last edited by Brainyz; October 11th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    admit they happened and that his manga is incomplete.
    Well, the final boss was a bunny lady who wanted a naked Zetsu army in order to fight some possibly even stronger guys who never appeared in the main storyline at all...

But Tenten said everything is at peace so much that she's bored. So everything is totally complete.

http://readms.net/r/boruto/017/4633/1

I really detest the more modern setting. Data scrolls? Really?

I don't mind the tech. It makes things a little more interesting. Boruto on.the other hand is still a bratty shit.

Boruto's reactions bothered me until I realized he's acting his age. It kinda reminds me of myself. When I have to do something I don't like or want, I can sometimes bitch and moan about it, even though me and everyone involved knows I'm gonna do it anyway. A habit left over from childhood, lol.

So from that angle I can appreciate the author trying to keep it real. It's evident from the events so far that he intends to give Boruto some real character growth.

Closed Thread

Thread Information