Closed Thread
Page 48 of 500 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

"YEAH!! DON'T KILL ANYONE!!"
    I thought it was weird, too, but the way he said it made me laugh.

I liked when he started raging and screaming. xD
    Last edited by Sniper King; May 11th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

Chapter was crap. Kishimoto needs to take a long break and look over his earlier chapters.
    This is just embarrassing.

He obviously has no idea what's going on in One Piece. Calling this chapter lackluster... Seriously dude, stick with your Naruto review.
    Anyway, like I said yesterday. This chapter was useless crap. Just some unneeded filler about two guys planning to marry after they beat the shit out of each other. And thumbs down for the poor Kyuubi. From the most powerful Bijuu to Naruto's little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The Kyuubi is drawn horribly. He doesn't look threatening like he did in the past, he just looks.....lifeless.
    Its gone from this....

http://www.mangareader.net/93-100-14...hapter-95.html

.....To this.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/42035636/3
    It's the difference between "knowing" about something and truly understanding something. You see it in a very different light.

In the past the Kyubi is rightfully more frightening, more intimidating, and more demon like to Naruto because 3 years ago the Kyubi made Naruto shit his pants. 3 years ago Naruto did not truly understand what was trapped in him and he was faced with the dire problem of losing control of this demon housed inside his body. The image of the Kyubi was portrayed to us as a monstrous entity with all powerful chakra and the appearance of some beast out of hell. Vague, shadowy, wrapped in mystery, and scary as hell.

As the series goes on both the readers and Naruto learn more about the 9 Tails and this knowledge puts the Kyubi in a different light all together. Fast forward 3 years and unfortunately the Kyubi is Naruto's little bitch, and he has the thing on beck and call. I can understand why the Kyubi looks so much less intimidating now. It's like a kid's fear being found out and conquered. That monster in the closet was really just the house cat scratching at the doors. Of course the Kyubi is still trying to being intimidating but it's kinda hard when the guy can just wave his hand, pin you to the floor, and tell you to shut the hell up.

As for how it's being drawn, that's just the Kyubi being shown in the real light. Not the kid's nightmare but now we're looking at it for what it truly is. Call it poor drawing, but it reminds me a lot of the Wizard of Oz and finding out who the Wiz really is.

--------------------------------------------------

The chapter was good. I like how Naruto proved how determined he was....again. If Kishi hadn't proven before that Naruto has all his priorities straight, no second thoughts, and a clear determinable goal...well he has now. It feels like a wasted chapter because all Kishi really did was emphasize Naruto's determination and his stranglehold control over the Kyubi. These things we already knew. Everything played out as expected. Naruto being optimistic, the fox being negative, and it ends with Naruto being stubborn. A stubbornness that I admire by the way no matter how naive or contradicting to common sense it is. Lol, he's been like that since chapter 1 so it's no big surprise for me.

Spoiler:
    Just predictable and nothing new.

What made this chapter good for me was the flashback since I'm actually really looking forward to the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle. Any dynamic or confrontation hinting towards that fight always excites me. Honestly, besides a few other fights and Madara taking off that stupid mask it's the only thing I'm really looking forward to in this manga.
    Everything's Eventual...

That only works when the thing in question isn't a TERRIFYING MONSTER OF UNIMAGINABLE POWER. The NIne Tailed Fox IS powerful. It IS (or should be) frightening. Its one of the greatest beings in the Naruto Universe. It can control and takeover a host who is to mentally weak. Hell, just being AROUND its chakra will slowly kill you i you don't have vast chakra reserves to begin with like Naruto does. The fact that the Kyuubi has become Naruto's bitch is a huge storytelling flaw in the first place.

You know you have a problem when the Evil Furball of Doom makes more sense than your fucking hero.

Only good things about this chapter were little Shino and Kiba.
    Sig by Robby

Gabzilla! Welcome back!

Sorry the series has sucked lately. You should really visit the rest of the forum.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I don't think the scenes inside Naruto with the Kyuubi are actually seen by Naruto, they're sensed (unless Naruto has eyes inside his soul, and if he does, wouldn't that mess up his vision horribly and distract him from whatever he's doing when the Kyuubi comes knocking?); The only reason we see them as pictures is for the convenience of the medium, manga.
    To elaborate, Naruto is probably only sensing the Kyuubi's power relative to his own, so because Naruto has gotten that much stronger, the Kyuubi looks far less intimidating.

Aaronrules: I agree that the power scale is completely stupid, but a lot of manga series seem to make the main character of the story super-important to his/her world for flimsy reasons. :/

I don't read Naruto anymore. Anything lol-worthy recently?

Naruto's willing to accept the love of his sociopathic lover.

Also somehow both armies lost half their forces in the first day. Seriously, that's WWII Italy-level incompetence.

The Devil's best friend.

It's the difference between "knowing" about something and truly understanding something. You see it in a very different light.

In the past the Kyubi is rightfully more frightening, more intimidating, and more demon like to Naruto because 3 years ago the Kyubi made Naruto shit his pants. 3 years ago Naruto did not truly understand what was trapped in him and he was faced with the dire problem of losing control of this demon housed inside his body. The image of the Kyubi was portrayed to us as a monstrous entity with all powerful chakra and the appearance of some beast out of hell. Vague, shadowy, wrapped in mystery, and scary as hell.

As the series goes on both the readers and Naruto learn more about the 9 Tails and this knowledge puts the Kyubi in a different light all together. Fast forward 3 years and unfortunately the Kyubi is Naruto's little bitch, and he has the thing on beck and call. I can understand why the Kyubi looks so much less intimidating now. It's like a kid's fear being found out and conquered. That monster in the closet was really just the house cat scratching at the doors. Of course the Kyubi is still trying to being intimidating but it's kinda hard when the guy can just wave his hand, pin you to the floor, and tell you to shut the hell up.

As for how it's being drawn, that's just the Kyubi being shown in the real light. Not the kid's nightmare but now we're looking at it for what it truly is. Call it poor drawing, but it reminds me a lot of the Wizard of Oz and finding out who the Wiz really is.
    [/QUOTE]....good excuse but I like Cyan's explanation better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Or, more likely, Kishi's art's turned to shit.
    Much more simpler, much more straightforward.
    Last edited by Bill; May 11th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Besides the fact that the fox is an actual being who had an actual physical body, making all those ideas bullshit in the first place, This type of art shift to lazy and horrible art is far from unique to the Kyuubi

The Kyubi is a terrifying monster but it's also Naruto's pet now. A big difference from 3 years ago, but I see I won't be winning this argument.
    Everything's Eventual...

Kishi reminding us how a bitch Sakura was/is

Way to go Kishi.

Taming a beast of sheer hatred (which is also powered by hatred) and unimaginable power and making it your pet is one of the most idiotic concepts I can even begin to imagine. And you're suggesting that Kishi doing such a thing would be GOOD writing?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Gabzilla! Welcome back!

Sorry the series has sucked lately. You should really visit the rest of the forum.
    Robby <3

I should, I need to catch up with One Piece.

Naruto is too depressing right now. You can't even make fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    The Kyubi is a terrifying monster but it's also Naruto's pet now. A big difference from 3 years ago, but I see I won't be winning this argument.
    And that's very very lame.
    Sig by Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Naruto's willing to accept the love of his sociopathic lover.

Also somehow both armies lost half their forces in the first day. Seriously, that's WWII Italy-level incompetence.
    When do the leaders start getting hung?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When do the leaders start getting hung?
    Guess what happens next chapter~!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Taming a beast of sheer hatred (which is also powered by hatred) and unimaginable power and making it your pet is one of the most idiotic concepts I can even begin to imagine. And you're suggesting that Kishi doing such a thing would be GOOD writing?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabzilla View Post
    And that's very very lame.
    Read my first comment and I quote myself in saying, "Fast forward 3 years and unfortunately the Kyubi is Naruto's little bitch, and he has the thing on beck and call."

Whether it's lame or good writing is not of my concern though I don't like it myself. The whole point of my argument was to show how much the relationship between Naruto and the Kyubi has changed since Part 1. As more was revealed about the Kyubi and the Kyubi came under Naruto's control it has lead to a less than appealing look and disappointment regarding the Kyubi's status and demeanor, but the general consensus is that it's just bad drawing.
    Everything's Eventual...

Closed Thread

Thread Information